IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot a 96 today, couldn't get anything going with the irons, or wedges. Literally missed two fairways all day. 39 putts, and terrible wedge work cost me today. Hopefully everything comes together at some point this year. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

72 yesterday (40-32) and 65 today. -11 my last 27 holes 💪

• Like 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

UGH!  Tale of two cities.

34 (-1) on the front nine and 45 (+9) on the back nine for 79.  

Fox Hollow Canyon/Meadows (70.8/130, 6600 yds)

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Played like Hammered dog crap this week. Shot north of 100 for the first time in a LONG time. Pulls and pull hooks galore. Practice session today had me focused on my club face position at the top of the back swing. Had to get a feeling of some wrist action from shaft parallel to the top and it put the club in a much better position and I started hitting balls better. May be a new priority piece for me as my initial takeaway has gotten significantly better.

Shot an 88 yesterday and then an 87 today (I played both courses from the tips). I'd normally play the whites, but my one buddy likes playing the furthest tee box so we do. Ended the round yesterday with birdie-birdie on the 17th and 18th which I believe was the first time I've made back to back birdies. It felt pretty awesome. Chipping/pitching is starting to get into this place that I'm really happy with both in terms of mechanics and developing an easy to practice strategy that I can take to the course. It's been a big help for me to view each "chip" and each "pitch" as something more akin to a hybrid of the two. 

Shot a 99 today, driver is still working well, putter isnt terrible. Took 8 drops hitting into fescue with the irons. Not going to lie, just fed up with two things working and one thing looking like I never played before. I mean I get I'm an 18 handicap so expecting good scores is a pipe dream, but progress would look nice. Going to play tomorrow then take a week off for a camping trip, maybe itll figure itself out. 

In my tournament today at Forest Oaks CC, which once hosted the Greater Greensboro Open, I played mediocre golf on the front and shot 47. But then I rattled off four pars in a row to start the back, followed by a triple and a double. +16 thru 15.

On the short par-4 16th, I hit a good drive, leaving me with just under 100 yards to the green. My wedge approach never left the stick, and settled less than a foot away. Tap-in for birdie. On the next hole, I hit a decent approach, 25 feet out. Rolled that one in for another birdie, the only time in my life that I’ve gone back-to-back. I made bogey on the last, giving me a 40 on the back that could’ve easily been 38 given the way I was hitting the ball, but I was thrilled with a 40 and my 87 total.

I really didn’t expect much coming into today, because the course was playing longer than the listed 6373 from the whites due to rain this morning and constant rain throughout the round, so the 87 was definitely a confidence-builder. I guess I can technically say I’ve played a PGA Tour course now 😃.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

75 (37-38) yesterday. 1 birdie, 13 pars, 4 bogeys.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

42 - I was a bit squirrelly off the tee today. 3/7 fairways.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

71 today,(+2). I was +3 after the fourth but played solid after that with all pars and tap in birdie on the par 5 fifteenth. 

Stevie T

Ninety %&#$%^ nine at Collins Hill Golf Club.  Aside from a few wayward tee shots, my driver was on fire today.  First drive was about 270, and was about 30 yards right of the green in two, and I had to make an eight footer for par.  Second drive was 270 again, but I pulled my 8 iron left of the green and then made a hash of the hole and made a triple bogey 7.  I'm hitting just about everything but the driver left, and I'm a hot mess around the greens.  Hit one drive nearly 300 yards and was just about ten yards short of the green, and managed to make a bogey.

Hot.

Mess.

Edited by bwdial

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Even Par through 9. Man what a rush. I wasn’t even hitting the ball that well and I doubled the first hole. I had a few good chips, two good approaches and a couple good bounces to help make par but I guess we’re allowed that now and then.

On 6/13/2020 at 11:35 AM, Nail said:

Shot 85 today at my home course (par 71) I thought I was going to beat my best round ever of 83. I was +3 after the front 9 with 7 pars, but bad driving eventually caught up with me and I had only one par on the back nine and shot +11 on the back nine. Disappointed but it was my best round so far this year. 

You need to get your 90 Badge.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Went home with a 94 yesterday, pretty happy with the round, a few holes got away from me, but played bogey golf for the most part which is all I ask for right now in the journey. Had a nice little birdie on 15 too which felt good. Definitely in better spirits after this round than the last two I've played. 

• Like 1

Played a 9-hole par-3 course today (First Tee of Coachella Valley).  Didn't hit anything longer than a 9-iron.  I hit 8/9 GIR (the miss was a pulled pitching wedge), two birdies and six pars among the eight GIR, plus a bogey from the missed green. 

• Like 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Had a hot putter today. Shot a 1 over 73 (36-37) from the back tees. 4 birdies, 9 pars, 5 bogeys. I burned the edges on a few of the holes, I could have been under par.

Flying to St. Louis tomorrow for 5 days to play golf with my son. We'll see what some new courses will do to my game.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

89 at Lake Winnipesaukee Golf Club. Rough start but then a few para on the back nine. I did par the number 1 HC hole on the front. Driving accuracy is still an issue.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I was cruising along nicely, thinking I can be around 40 at the turn, and I hit my second shot on #8 OB. After that triple . . . 43-48-91. The back was a disaster spent in the rough.

Bill M