IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Yesterday I shot an even par 72(sr tees). Front side was just average for me as I had 4 bogeys and 1 birdie for a 39. Backside I had 3 birdies and shot 33. So a jekyll and hyde round but my best score of the year. Funny how it goes.....after the front side I was thinking if I could break 80 for the day I would be satisfied. But everyone in my group was playing well so I think that rubbed off on me. Taking the day off.....don't want to follow with an 85. Ha.

• Like 1

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Played Pinehurst #8 today.  We started on the 10th hole, so split tees.  Played the White tees at just over 6300 yards.  Started out with 3 pars then missed the green on the 1st par 3 but then I chipped and holed out for my 1st birdie. Ended up with a 1 over 37 on the back nine.  We had great rhythm going then dead stop!  A 25 minute wait on the 1st tee.  I hate it when this happens!  Kills all momentum, at least for me it does. Bogeyed 2 of the 1st three holes but settled down a bit and finished with a 39 for a round of 76.  The back I had only 11 putts with the one hole out.  Front nine just 14 putts.  Short game saved the round. Hit 9/14 fairways, and only 5 GIR’s.   Lots of par saves 11 one putts, 2 birdies overall (one was a chip).

• Like 1

2937334_K4sWOqv4.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

First real round of the year.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot an 85 today, lowest score relative to par at +13. Played the whites with my buddy from high school, course was around 6300 yards. My driver is getting the adapter repaired so I used the 3 wood all round, and it was money for me. Kept the ball in play and only missed about 3 fairways and even they weren't laying bad. Its tough leaving the driver out of the bag when I go with my regular group as they're all single digits and play from the blues or the tips. Still can't swallow my pride and play up when they play back, even though I know I probabaly should. Golfs way more fun when you aren't taking long irons into every single green. 

80 (41-39) today. Played in the heat of the afternoon. Normally play early mornings. Just couldn't get it going. 3 putted 4 or 5 greens. Difference in putting mornings versus late afternoons. Not to mention, the heat just takes everything out of you. 93 degrees, feel like 107.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Tidy enough 86 off the tips(with zero warm up hits !!) ...was happy to PAR the 4x Par-3 on the local course first time I've achieved that off the TIPS

all parts of the game were working not always great(some dumb putts but finally my first game in some time I did have confidence from putting too the driver..just need to fine tune some of the stupid stuff out and I'll break 80 again soon

Edited by NZ Golfer

Go Foxy Go

Went to the same course as yesterday and shot an 88. Missed 11 par saves which obviously doesn't tell the whole story, about 4 of them were from duffed, or thinned iron shots leaving me a ways in so it wasn't a short game issue for some of them. The vast majority though were from chips, and short pitches just rolling forever. So many aspects of the game I need to work on. Went off the tee with the 3 wood again today and only a couple really got away from me, but stayed in played so I can't complain. 

Screenshot_20200807-200808_Gmail.jpg

Edited by DuckDuckFoose
  • Thumbs Up 1

Shot 107, on home course.  First round with Arccos sensors, so I have stats!

- 0 GIR

- 5 nGIR

- 2.22 putts per hole

Most shots lost on poor tee shots or second shots getting me into trouble spots .  A few duffed shots too.

Looking at the strokes gained/lost analysis - only 5/18 tee shots were "average", one was better than average, and the rest were poor.  SImilarly, because the tee shots often got me into trouble, my second shots were often poor - only two average shots, the rest poor.

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

Oh, the wheels have come off. I feel sorry for my teammates in the games the last 2 days. Shot an 88 yesterday, with 1 birdie, but 7 double bogeys. Today was almost as bad with an 84. Tomorrow is practice, with a match play on Monday.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

84 at Totteridge. It’s a Rees Jones designer course bout 45 min east of Pittsburgh. Hadn’t played in week and a half and the rust showed on the greens. 3 jacked 3 greens on my way to a 37 putt round. My only 3 one putt greens were kick in birds when I stuck wedges in tight. Happy to make 3 birds in the round but I took a triple on the 2nd and made a double at 17. Overall drove it well. Hit some good iron shots but made a few mistakes. Certainly could have been a 78 or so. 

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Shot 89 today. Hit driver really well, and had 13 GIR/nGIR, so ball striking was okay. Had two holes where I was +7 which cost me a chance at a better score. My miss on each +2 or worse was a big block out to the right, totaling 5 penalty strokes. Left a bunch of putts short today too, which made for some nervy par putts.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Nothing if not consistent - another 107 on the home course - this time from the forward tees - no difference in score.  Stats:

- 4 GIR

- Further 3 nGIR

- Putting 2.44

Hit four fairways, rather than three.  Putting not as good.  7/18 tee shots were average or better.  Still, that's 34 over, and yesterday was 37 and I'm currently 41.... so going in the right direction.

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

I played my best round/front 9 of 2020 today with a 78 (72.9/141). I was on fire in the front - scored a 35 with 4 birds and 3 pars, but once I realized I was playing well on hole 13, it got to my head and everything went downhill🙄

It’s also my first time playing with the new SIM Max Rocket 3 and oh my, it is now my favorite club besides my driver! 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Trying to figure out if it's time to hang it up for a break, or to play through it. Shot a really ugly 92 today on the home course. I just can't figure out what's going on. Have to play my match play match tomorrow. I guess I'll figure out what I'm going to do after that.

Shot a 93 today. Nice round for me on a course that I struggled to break 100 on. Driver woke up and putter was on.  Still losing too many balls and approach shots needs to be closer to the pin.  

90 at Park Ridge.  I missed 7/8 putts from 5-7 feet.  Most days, my mind is just not into putting unless there is something at stake. It is atrocious.  I like Park Ridge a lot because there are six par 5s and four of them are only guarded by elevation.  Just a lot of fun to go it on these holes.  Hurricane last week, then got like a 95 or something at an easy course the week before and a scramble the week before that where I could not do anything right.  My swing is going decidedly backwards atm.

70 yesterday and adjusted 71 today. 17 wasn't my hole this weekend, doubled it yesterday and triple today.

IMG_4864.jpgIMG_4863.jpg

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Shot my best round in 20 years yesterday. 

40-43 = 83 at Carrington GC in Monroe, MI. 

Parred the first 4 holes and birdied that last 2! I had three 3-putt bogies too. Best I've been able to strike the ball in two decades. A lot of practice paying off. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

- Mark