IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot an 85 the other day. Went out to a new course with a couple buddies, one picking the game up after 12Β years off, and another just taking up the sport. Had an awesome time with the boys. HadΒ a 47 front and 38 back. Three putted a par 5 I reached in two, a par never felt so disappointing, ended up with 38 putts. Really need to bring the number down.Β 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

86 today at Park Ridge.Β  I shoot so well there.Β  99 last weekend at Boca Greens.Β  Yeah, it was shite.Β  But, I FINALLY birdied my nemesis hole, the par-5 17th.

The landing zone for the tee shot is evil for a right handed golfer because it is an opposite shaped ellipse of your shot zone.Β  There is water in every direction.Β  If you go for driver, you kinda have to get it perfect.Β  I have complained about it on this thread in the past.Β  If you wimp out like I did here and leave the driver in the bag, you have to carry the water again and still don't pull it.Β  Thankfully, the approach shot is not particularly well protected, not that anyone is ever in a position to go for it in two anyway.

I hit 4-hybrid off the tee, which is crazy since it is about 570 from that tee box (the back tees are 619).Β  But I hit it well. 3-wood was kinda meh after that, and gap wedge got me to 4 feet.

Don't tell my wife, but it I die tomorrow, I will have a smile knowing that I finally got the better of this monster.

17th.thumb.jpg.3df3b3afc4ebfc2bf02df64d4e9757ca.jpg

I shot a decent round ofΒ 91 today, including a 48 on the back. The back nine started poorly,Β I pulled myself back together, and Β I walked to the 18th needing aΒ threeΒ for a pre-predictedΒ 88. But I hit two balls in the water and hit my third (fifth) on the green, but a long wayΒ from the cup. StaringΒ a quad or worse straight in the face,Β I confidentlyΒ rolled that in for a six. A good way to end the round (not the six, but the long putt).

My 43 on the front included a three-putt bogey on the easy par-5Β ninth, and back-to-back birdies on the fourth and fifth holes, both of which are new ones in the challenge. I hit a 7I approach to six feet on the fifth, and a knockdown 8I on the fourth within a foot. Not a bad round today. I’m hoping to get back out on the course tomorrow.

My brother also came out to join me for the front, and he did alright. He probably shot about 60, which is around averageΒ for him, which is good becauseΒ he hasn’t played much lately, once or twice a month at best. He wants to be on the team next semester, but he needs to get serious. He’s got less than six months till the first day of practice.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Today's round was a brutal, slogging 5 hour and 45 minutes.Β  Played this course two weeks ago and itΒ started off well enough but penalty strokes sunk me again.Β  Getting sick of the majority of my penalty strokes not coming from my driver or tee shots.Β  Registered 8 penalty shots today,Β only 1 with the driver and 3 off the tee total.Β  What was also fun was taking a penalty stroke on 6 straight holes.Β  I lied, not fun; very deflating.

Score: 104

CR/Slope: 71.6/121

GIR: 1/18; 5.6%

FIR: 7/14; 50%

Penalty Strokes: 8

Pars: 1

Bogeys: 8

DB: 5

TB: 2

Quad Bogey: 2

Trouble holes:

6th hole, 337 yard Par 4: 3H tee shot found the fairway but was blocked by a tree.Β  Tried to fade the ball but the fade was minimal and it went into the woods.Β  Β Found the ball, took an unplayable and proceeded to skull my chip shot into the sand where it took me 3 shots to get out.Β  Put up a snowman.

7th hole, 488 yard Par 5:Β  Dog left where the green is 54' above the fairway.Β  I hit my drive 275 yards leaving myself a shot at the green.Β  Mishit my usually reliable 3HΒ and sent a bullet left into the woods.Β  Had to hit a provisional which I hit fat and left short of the green.Β  Pitch and two put for a double.

8th hole, 320 yard par 4.Β  Again hit a bullet with myΒ 3HΒ into the woods left as my tee shot.Β  3 off the tee, short of the green with my next shot, chip and then left my putt right next to the cup for a triple bogey.

9th hole, 324 yard Par 4.Β  4H off the tee found the fairway leaving myself a PW into the green which I promptly mishit into a red stakes penalty area.Β  Hit a SW over the green, chipped on and two putted.Β  Triple.

10th hole, 356 yard Par 4.Β  Dog left, mishit a 5I but still found the fairway.Β  Left myself an 8 iron on a downhill like which I tugged left into the woods on what otherwise was a well struck ball.Β  Tugged the provisional, too, but not as much and left it short of the green.Β  Chipped and one putted for a double bogey.

11th hole, 329 yard Par 4.Β  This hole has a fairway which slopes hard right to left.Β  Tugged my 4HΒ left into the red stakes on the left.Β  Hit a GW short of the green, chipped on and two putted for another DB.

13th hole, 426 yard Par 4.Β  Uphill to an elevated green that I pushed my driver right into the woods.Β  Hit a provisional, and then hit a 3H onto the green, two putted for another DB.

15th hole, 500 yard Par 5.Β  Another dog left.Β  Tattooed my driver 300 yards leaving myself a 6 iron which I promptly topped, leaving myself a 90 yards which resulted inΒ my skulling it into the woods for another penalty stroke.Β  A few strokes later, put up a 9.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:Β  :leupold:Β  :aimpoint:Β :gamegolf:

• Administrator

72. 37/35. 72.0/142 course, so a 0.0.

Didn't birdie either of the first two holes, which are the only ones left in my Birdie Challenge for the year. I lipped out at 2. 1 I over-read and hit a bit too hard, but the two shots leading up to it were some of the best I've hit this year on that hole.

They were with a bright orange/red Vice Pro Plus, I think. I dunno, found it the other day.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

91 for my final round before my surgery. Wasn't hitting driver all that great but still enjoyed the round with family. A beautiful fall-like day here in central Ohio.Β 

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash,Β 3 Wood - Callaway Mavrik, 4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha,

Irons - 5-AW Mavrik Pro's, Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG 1, Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

32 minutes ago, Greg 504 said:

91 for my final round before my surgery. Wasn't hitting driver all that great but still enjoyed the round with family. A beautiful fall-like day here in central Ohio.Β 

Good luck with your surgery.Β πŸ™

• Like 1

Christian

:tmade::titleist:Β  :leupold:Β  :aimpoint:Β :gamegolf:

I followed up my 91 yesterday with a better round of 87 today. 44 on the front, 43 on the back. I played very steady golf on the front: two doubles, three pars, four bogeys. The back started with a disastrousΒ triple bogey on the tenth, but I rebounded by making par on the next two.

+4 for the next three, and I neededΒ two pars to shoot 88. I hit a solid drive and a solid 7I to twenty feet, andΒ drilled the putt for three. Another three on 18 was enough to see me to a 43 on the back and an 87 total.

I was missing a lot of two-footers yesterday, and I’m proud to say that I didn’t miss any today, and I even made a good number ofΒ 6-footers. I’m happy to be getting back into the groove after a month where I played probably three rounds of golf, four max.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

97 for me today. 50-47. Hitting my driver better than I have been in the last 4 months, with a top length of 280 yards on a par 5 (its dry as can be and had some wind, but compared to what had become my average of 210ish, I was very pleased). Short game let me down today. Putted ok, but chipped/pitched very poorly. I didn't get to go to the practice green before the round as our group was all there and there happened to be a couple of no-shows/late comers so we just went straight off.

• :titleist:Β 917 D2 9.5oΒ EvenFlow blue shaftΒ  Β Β :titleist:Β 917 F2Β 15oΒ EvenFlow blue shaftΒ  Β Β 
  • :titleist:Β 818 H2 19oΒ EvenFlow blue shaftΒ 
  • :titleist:Β 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey:Β 52/8oΒ SM6 RAWΒ  Β  56/14oΒ SM6 ChromeΒ  Β  Β  60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell:Β MTB-Black Balls

Frustrating but promising round at league yesterday afternoon.Β  Shot 50 but hit 4 of 6 fairways so the work on my driver is showing results.Β  Bladed a few approach shots and 3-putted 4 greens of which 2 were GIR so putting it cost two pars.Β  Last hole was a Par 5, hit fantastic drive @ 246 leaving @ 197 to the center.Β  Followed up with a better than expectedΒ 3-hybrid that went @ 221 into the bunker behind the green. Screwed the bunker shot requiring a short chip to get on the green in 4 then 2-putted for bogey.Β  That 18th hole should have been so much better.Β  I see so many places I lost shots and feel it could have been 45 or lower which would be a decent round for me.

Stuart M.
Β 

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* /Β 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBOREΒ XLS / 4,5 & 6Β Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI /Β Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD /Β Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 /Β Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* /Β Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7SΒ /Β Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: LabattΒ Blue (or anything nice & cold)Β 

Looks like i replied to this topic about a month ago.

Was having issues with the game and decided it was time to take a little break.

Since then I've played 26 rounds with a high score of 88 and a low score of 73. The index has gone from a 6.5 to a 9.2.

Actually, in the last 2 weeks the index has gone up to a 10.2. but has slowly been coming back down to a 9.2.

Anyway, Mondays round was a 73, and todays round was a 82. Just no consistency.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Shot an 86 (70.7/123)

Three Birdies, SixΒ Pars, Three Bogies, Three Doubles, Three Others

Putted super well.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Rkrider99 said:

Looks like i replied to this topic about a month ago.

… decided it was time to take a little break.

Since then I've played 26 rounds…

:hmm:

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

13 minutes ago, iacas said:

:hmm:

Well, I normally play almost every day. Actually, I took about a week off.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Played nine holes of 'glow golf' on Saturday night and it really messed me up.Β  I played a tournament on Monday where I was just off all the way around and I shot a 51 - 45 = 96.Β 

Yesterday... I escaped for nine holes at my home course and the poor play continued.Β  I topped four tee shots and a number of other shots throughout the round en route to a 49.Β  I decided it was time to hit the range following there and I got my swing under control.Β Β 

Today... I took my daughters (13 & 14) out for nine holes.Β  Although it wasn't anywhere near what I need to be, I was able to knock the ball around some.Β  I finally birdied the sixth hole which clears the front side for me.Β  I still need birdies on 10, 13, 14, 16, 17 & 18 to get 'em all this year... but I'll keep plugging away.Β  Anyway... posted a 43 today.Β  That's about two strokes higher than I need to be but I attribute it to a poor short game today.Β Β 

Might take tomorrow off before playing Friday in the rain.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71Β - Pine IslandΒ Country Club - 6/25/2022
-Β 9 HolesΒ - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Β 

Today, shot an 89 at the Country Club of Mount Dora, FL.

I guess I can't complain. The first time I played it, 2 years ago, I shot about 110 if I remember correctly, so I bettered my score by 21 shots.

Just a lot of not remembering the course and lots of water.