IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

On 9/24/2020 at 5:21 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

In Florida if you dig a 6" deep hole you've got yourself a small pond.

And it already has gators and water moccasins in it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

FIRs: 9/14 (64.3%) - amazing what a golf lesson can do.

GIRs: 6 (33.3%)

Putts: 39

Birdies: 1 (this should have been 2 but the ball wouldn't go in on the 16th. It stayed on the lip hanging over the edge, the #@!!$!,)

Pars: 5

Bogeys: 4

DB: 6

Quads: 2

Penalties: 0

Best 9 hole stretch: +7 (3 - 11) 

Worst 3 hole stretch: + 9 (1 - 3)

If I had gotten to the course and warmed up instead of using the first two holes to warm up and getting two quads... I usually par the 1st and bogey the 2nd when I warm up. We're talking 7 strokes. That's a lot. 

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Interesting day on the course. Shot a 77 (36-41).

It was a shotgun start, and we started on 9, which I bogeyed. Moved to 10, and went par, par, birdie, birdie, par, par, par, par, double bogey. That double bogey was strange. I was driving the ball right down the middle of the fairway all day, with a slight draw. This one took off with the same trajectory, a slight draw, and then it was like someone took the steering wheel and turned straight left. Into the trees. Tried to just poke it out back into the fairway, nailed a tree. Poke it out again, and it just barely made it. Made it to the green on my fourth shot, and two putted for the 6.

OK, back to hole 1. I'm not sure what happened, but all of a sudden, I just couldn't get anything going. Bogey, bogey, bogey, par, par, bogey, par, par, and with that bogey from 9, gave me a 41.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

I was able to battle back from a really tough start today and shoot 94. I started +13 through just five holes, but finished the front nine par-par-bogey-par to shoot 50 on the front. Then I shot 44 on the back, including a birdie on the par-3 12th after a group let me through, and I also parred the 18th hole, getting up and down.

So +13 for the first five holes, and +9 for the last 13. Usually I’d be disappointed with a mid-90s score, but today, a 94 is pretty good.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Shot 90 today!  That is my all time personal best.  It was on what I call my "home" course.  Day started off fantastic - 3 pars in a row!   I was thinking there may even be a birdie in the mix.  It was not to be - however no "snowmen", no triples!  4 pars countered the 4 doubles for my first round of "bogey" golf.  Had several great birdie looks - just did not sink them.  Funny thing as we were finishing 16, it began to sink in that if I did not blow up the last two, I had a real shot at a personal best round.  What were the factors that played into this?  We played up today - to the gold (just over 5400) as opposed to the whites (just over 6000), so that definitely contributed as I am a shorter hitter.  I have played from the whites and golds with almost equal scores still today felt like a "gold" day.  Did staying focused on keeping the weight forward during impact - most definitely!  Driver accuracy was the best ever - with only two drives of the twelve I used driver where what I would all bad slices in the trees, but fully playable.  The fairway misses were typically two yards or less off the short stuff.  Iron play, wedge play, fairways and hybrid were connecting.  On the greens, I chose to trust my alignment and it paid off.  Even misses stopped less than two feet from the hole - making tap-ins easier.  Yes, today was the best round ever! 

image.thumb.png.dac14133a10aa24315c07d53dafbae74.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

77 today. No birdies, 14 pars, 3 bogeys, and 1 double on the last hole.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Rough start to Medal Comp of the BLUES pulled shot into trees less than 100m out and after fighting the whole round to keep my game together scrambling the well.... was a horrid way to ruin my round with a slice out of bounds on the 16th ... lead to carrying some poor mental form onto the 17th with a gutting 4 putt !!!! ..........................next time

Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 7.31.52 PM.png

Edited by NZ Golfer

Go Foxy Go

45-48-45=138 for 27 holes. Front, back, front on hills. Dropping shots here and there but very solid for me. 93 for the scheduled 18 and another 45 because I can't get enough

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

81 on Friday, 83 yesterday. I thought that yesterdays round was going to be great. First hole, nailed the pin with my approach shot, which dropped the ball 2 inches from the hole. Tap in birdie. Then proceeded with par, par, par, then the wheels came off, and I couldn't get them back on for the rest of the round.

Raining today, so no golf.

Shot the worst 80 of all time at The Wilderness at Lake Jackson yesterday. Two lost balls and a water penalty, two of which were on par 5s, plus terrible scrambling. Had a good putting day though which kept the round alive.

SG (compared to scratch)

Driving: 0.46

Approach (>100 yds): -2.86

Short game (<100 yds): -2.35

Putting: 0.87

• Like 1

Got to play a private course, Pinnacle Golf Club on Saturday and shot an 83. 

Driver and putting were really solid, approach was average, short game was poor. The rough was easily twice as long as I'm used to and I struggled to adjust to that. 

Two guys I played with were a 1 and a +1 handicaps so it was awesome to watch them and see how they managed their games. I held my own off the tee with them, out drove both of them numerous times, the biggest difference I noticed was inside like 50 yds. I had multiple double chips and they never made worse than bogey all day where I had multiple doubles. They also tore up the par 5s, the +1 handicap played them at -4 for the day, he was on 3 of them in two shots for two putt birdies and got up and down for birdie from like 70 yds on the other one. In comparison I played the par 5s at +3.

Playing with the +1 again next Monday at a different course so it will be interesting to see how he handles a course that he doesnt play 100+ times per season.

Here was the view coming into hole 18, a par 5. I was pin high in the left rough in 2 shots after hitting a 260 yd 3 wood off the deck, hit a flop shot to about 10 feet for my best birdie look of the day just didnt get the putt to drop.

image.png

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Score 104

CR/SR: 71.4/127, 6435 yards.

The bad - shot a 57 on the front on a course I've played before.  1 par, and everything else was a double bogey or worse and 5 penalty strokes.

The good - shot a 47 on the back with 1 par and bogey'd 5 out of the last 6 holes with only 1 penalty stroke. 

I had 6 penalty strokes, only 1 came with the driver but 2 came on the tee shots on par 3's.  Hit 6 of 14 fairways but didn't have any GIRs.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Started a Net Ringer Tournament today. Today is Day 1, next Wednesday is Day 2.

Started out really strong with 2 birdies, 1 being a net eagle. Played pretty well all day with the 2 birdies, 12 pars, 3 bogeys, and wait for it, a 9 on the last hole.

Ended up with a gross 77, net 73.

Looking forward to next week to erase that 9 with something much better.

Shot 105 (104 in GHIN) at Inverness Club in Toledo, OH.  Started out fairly well (for me) with 48 on the front 9 but between the wind picking up and my wheels falling off I shot 57 on the back nine.

This was my first time at this course and all I can say is "GREAT COURSE".  Beautiful condition and very fun to play.  Greens were very fast and the balls rolled true and had a lot of break.  We had caddies (not the norm for me) and they were very helpful.

Interesting tidbit....they post the times of all rounds at the pro-shot and the club house so any members with slow pace of play get a little embarrassment.  We did our round in @ 3 hr. 50 min so our host is not up for ridicule today.  

I'll definitely accept an invitation to  play there anytime I get one.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

On 10/4/2020 at 8:23 AM, hunterw297 said:

Shot the worst 80 of all time at The Wilderness at Lake Jackson yesterday. Two lost balls and a water penalty, two of which were on par 5s, plus terrible scrambling. Had a good putting day though which kept the round alive.

SG (compared to scratch)

Driving: 0.46

Approach (>100 yds): -2.86

Short game (<100 yds): -2.35

Putting: 0.87

That's a beautiful course! I don't get down there to play much (usually play at Magnolia Creek).

25 minutes ago, chicub15 said:

That's a beautiful course! I don't get down there to play much (usually play at Magnolia Creek).

Both Wilderness and Magnolia Creek are on my hit list. I’m on the northwest side of town so don’t get that way much. Playing Memorial Park tomorrow. Some great holes (especially the front nine) after the renovation. 

• Like 1

I shot a 42 on the front today despite doubles on the seventh and eighth holes, neither of which is overly difficult (seven is a shortish par 3, eight is a short par 4 but it’s a sharp dogleg left). Started the back with a par, then tripled eleven after hitting one OB off the tee. Then the fun started. 

On twelve, I chunked my tee shot but still made bogey. On thirteen, par four, I was laying three over the green with a back pin and a green that slopes hard back to front. Never had that shot before, but got down in three for a six. Next hole, I tried to bank my chip into a slope but missed the slope, so the chip ran 25 feet past. Two putted from there. The par-4 15th really made me mad. 

I was putting for par, eight feet from below the hole, so I was thinking a good chance for par, make five at worst. I ran that putt two feet past, meaning I now had a weird sidehill putt. Missed that too, leaving me a three-footer. Right as I took the putter back, my phone pinged. That made me flinch just a little bit, but it was enough to make me miss the putt. A four-jack from eight feet for a triple when I had a decent shot at par.

I finished bogey-par-par, including almost holing a 25-footer for birdie on 17 and an eight-footer for par on 18 to close out. I slipped under the 90 mark by just one stroke: 42-47. The back nine was as stressful as the front was relaxing, although I feel good that I closed well and shot 89. I’ve always been pretty good at putting together a good finish on that course. Apart from the four-putt on 15, my putting was better than it’s been in a long time. 28 putts on the other 17 holes, and a lot of the two-putts were near-makes with the first putt, which was usually around 15-20 feet. The one putts were most often on three- and four-footers. Today was truly a grinder’s round.

1 hour ago, StuM said:

Interesting tidbit....they post the times of all rounds at the pro-shot and the club house so any members with slow pace of play get a little embarrassment.  We did our round in @ 3 hr. 50 min so our host is not up for ridicule today.  

That is interesting...I wonder why they did that. Did you ever figure out why? The only thing I could think of is maybe to point out who was behind the ideal pace of play. I would probably do something similar: record the groups’ tee times and end times on a computer, not in the pro shop where everyone can see it. When someone goes over (they’d have to go over by a good bit), I’d call them out.

Edited by dagolfer18

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

3 hours ago, dagolfer18 said:

That is interesting...I wonder why they did that. Did you ever figure out why? The only thing I could think of is maybe to point out who was behind the ideal pace of play. I would probably do something similar: record the groups’ tee times and end times on a computer, not in the pro shop where everyone can see it. When someone goes over (they’d have to go over by a good bit), I’d call them out.

I think they do it to encourage good pace.  I glanced at the times and none were issues to me.  The nice thing was I never felt rushed nor held up.  It was just.  Nice smooth pace the entire round.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold)