IGNORED

Taylormade and the need for M1 Sales

Note: This thread is 3100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In my opinion, Taylormade's best clubs came when the R11s and first RBZ woods came out!  The R11s really was a club that gained 15 to 20 yards on the previous clubs!  In addition, I was looking to possibly buy a new 3 wood to replace my RBZ about two months ago.  I went and hit all of three woods available: All Callaways; all Taylormade's etc.  I was getting around 140 mph +-5mph for all of those clubs and approximately 230 yards carry.  I go out and pull my dirty RBZ 3 wood from the bag to compare and I'm getting 150 mph ball speed with 245 yards carry!  The thing that blew my mind was the fact that it out performed even the new aerospeed. 

In addition, I've tried the Taylormade R1, SLDR, R15 drivers and came away feeling like they were very cheap feeling (too light) and not hot off the face.  Picking up the M1 it definitely felt like a quality club.  I'm going to wait for the price to go down but this is the first time since I bought my R11s brand new way back when it first came out that I want to get a new driver!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I dont generally buy into all the hype a club gets but to see Jason Day immediately start using the M1 then it must be the real deal.Theres alot of pros that dont use the latest stuff im guessing because its not as good to them.

I guess I am a bit of a titleist fanboy but I checked out the new drivers the other day and was not super satisfied with any of them except maybe the D4. That satisfaction was not enough to give up my 910D3. TM does have a dead feel and sound and the hokey sound bites from the pros claiming they're getting 20 more yards is embarrassing.

Callaway is dead too and I get worried of the longevity of the carbon matrix because of past history of club faces breaking down. Plus Walmart sells them which is the kiss of death.

I guess there is nothing new or special to me about new drivers. That being said, I am still thinking I should replace my current one because it is going to be on it's 4th season of use...and I still don't plan on paying more than 3 bills...

Edited by Valleygolfer

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!