IGNORED

In Mourning... Clubs stolen

todgot
Note: This thread is 2470 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sorry to take part in exhuming a thread, but that has got to be the worst. I think I'd rather have my car stolen than my clubs. Personal relationship, putting the bag together over the course of a few years, its like a family! And I have inexpensive clubs.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am very sorry. Your clubs might just be in the garbage somewhere. Seriously check all nearby dumpsters.

I had my car broken into a few years back and that’s what the cops told me. 

On the other hand, I’ve heard there is a lot of stolen merchandise on eBay.

7 hours ago, mtsalmela80 said:

Sorry to take part in exhuming a thread, but that has got to be the worst. I think I'd rather have my car stolen than my clubs. Personal relationship, putting the bag together over the course of a few years, its like a family! And I have inexpensive clubs.

It's all good... I bought a new set of Mizuno Irons, Taylor Made M1 driver and 3 wood, Titleist 3 and 4H and a Scotty Putter.  If you listen to my wife the price of replacement started at 3K and is now up to 5K.  I regret losing the bag tag from Shadow Creek in Las Vegas and my collection of ball mark repair tools and other nick knacks... plus my wet weather gear.  Still tinkering and I'm not 100% happy with my wedges. 

I live in Spokane and there's a high rate of property crime/ car prowlers so I don't keep my clubs in the car anymore. 

7 hours ago, Kalnoky said:

I am very sorry. Your clubs might just be in the garbage somewhere. Seriously check all nearby dumpsters

I will look but this was almost 2 years ago so I doubt they would still be there.  :-) 

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

I know this is an old story but, super sorry to hear about you club loss, but it's a replaceable loss. Hope the new clubs are working for well for you.

But your story now makes me think about how I just leave my cart and bag outside the clubhouse while I go in to use the facilities..:-O

Edited by swffjvl

Cobra Max Irons......Cobra F7 Hybrid..... 

A cheap Wedge and Driver I picked up online....

A bunch of Balls.... and a bag for it all.

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 2:09 AM, todgot said:

Sorry to hear that... hard to believe someone would take just a 6 iron.  Funny thing is I lost the 6 iron out of a previous set.  You might have left it and they just didn't turn it in.  When my clubs were stolen I went to all the pawn shops but just saw a bunch of crap.  Great to hear from someone else from Spokane!  

Sooooo - what are you playing now? (presuming you didn't give up the game, as you are still posting here)
Do you like your replacement clubs, have they become family .... c'mon we are invested in this saga.

Players play, tough players win!

5 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Do you like your replacement clubs, have they become family .... c'mon we are invested in this saga.

You're killin' me Sproles.  I think my PTSD is flaring up. 

My old clubs were Taylor Made SLDR irons which I think were on the market for 6 months and I wasn't crazy about them anyway.  I had Mizuno irons MX-23's (?) prior to that and had lost the 6 iron... and was just ready for something different.  I think I had the Taylor Made's  a few months.  I replaced them with Mizuno JPX EZ Forged PW-5 and I really like them except for a couple of things.  First, they're a lot bigger head then I realized when I hit them in the store.  The first time I played them on the course I was like, "dang, those heads are huge".  Also, they're a bit more off-set than I like and I don't have a problem squaring the club head anyway.  I have my eye on a set of JPX 900's. 

I had Taylor Made R1 and SLDR drivers and both were in my car because I was going back and forth.  The R1 was a huge advance from my previous driver which was an older Taylor Made Burner Pro.  It would carry 15 to 20 yards further than my old driver.  I replaced them with an M1 Driver and 3 wood.  I really like the M1 but have never had it fit for me.  I have a love/hate relationship my driver anyway.  I hit the 3 wood 240 and it's in the fairway 80 to 90% of the time.  That said, my previous 3 wood was a Titleist 915 and I think I liked it better.  

Putter was an Odyssey Pro Black Series and I replaced it with a Scotty Cameron Squareback.  Hard to say here... I always wanted a Scotty and I had a blank check from the wife so... I'm still constantly trying out new putters but right now I'm putting lights out with the Squareback.  

For wedges I bought 52 and 56 degree Mizuno S5 in Blue metal.  My son has Autism so the blue wedges were a tribute to him.  They're great but a minor thing bothers me about them... there is nothing on the sole of the club to identify the degree so I have to move it around to see the number.  I small thing but I've pulled the wrong club a couple times. 

So, overall... I would say for the most part I'm as happy as I ever get with golf clubs... family?  If by family you mean easily replaceable if something better came along... then yeah. 

Couple things... I also had my Clic gear push cart in the car and luckily my range finder was in it... so they didn't get that.  I guess they weren't the walking type.  Second,  I had been carrying my copy of "The Lowest Score Wins" in my Golf Bag and I thought I had lost it.  But last year I found it in the night stand next to my bed. :-)

And they all lived happily ever after,  The End. 

• Upvote 1

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

Note: This thread is 2470 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!