Note: This thread is 2405 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

Looks fine in Chrome browser (on both windows 7 and macOS sierra) and in Safari on macOS sierra. 

You can click on the "View Insights" button on that page to get to the older format.

Yep, that one renders well.  Would be nice to know my SG for particular round(s) but this is fine.  Thanks.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Shindig said:

Yep, that one renders well.  Would be nice to know my SG for particular round(s) but this is fine.  Thanks.

You can get that with the old system.  (By the way, the data in the new format still doesn't match up with the data from the old format.  I've emailed them, and they're still working on it.)

Here are my "all rounds" vs a 10 handicap. Select the drop down menu to select "last round":

599a334096c16_SGa.thumb.jpg.100b639204bcf2322f3efd9a9d876f28.jpg

And now it shows my last round vs a 10 handicap.  (You can also "select individual rounds" right next to the dropdown menu.):

599a3342eb6aa_SGb.thumb.jpg.01b8dd22e5784bcc30209b6bdf490700.jpg

• Informative 2

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Thanks!  For some reason, I interpreted their warning about using 5 rounds minimum to mean something else. 

And it says I gained 0.06 strokes putting compared to a scratch.  That has to be wrong, right?  My three longest putts made were a 6', 7', and 18'.  

Here's the round if anyone wants to look: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shindig/round/1792953

I realize I did lose strokes in bad ways (a sand shot on #11 that ended up over the green and next to a tree, an O.B. on the par-3 15th, two tee shots on par-4s that ended behind trees I didn't escape from), but ... after accepting that putting was the worst part of my game, having a round where I putt like a scratch feels weird.  But if it's true, it's encouraging and I'd love to have a lot more rounds putting like that (I'll keep up whatever I've been doing for practice).  I know we can cram gains by putting quickly, but that's something else entirely. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, Shindig said:

And it says I gained 0.06 strokes putting compared to a scratch.  That has to be wrong, right?  My three longest putts made were a 6', 7', and 18'.  

Why? Making from 6' gains 0.4 strokes or so, 7' might be 0.5 or something, and 18' might be 0.9 or so. You'd have to lose 1.7 on the other holes to make that zero.

• Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

Why? Making from 6' gains 0.4 strokes or so, 7' might be 0.5 or something, and 18' might be 0.9 or so. You'd have to lose 1.7 on the other holes to make that zero.

Good point.  I also two-putted from 51' (first one to 2'), which is worth something I'm sure.

I also missed a few greens to just the collar so I was hitting my putter from just off the green, which I learned last week counts as "short game" not "putting," so any bad shots in there don't "count against" that statistic.

I felt good about yesterday's round anyway but this makes me very optimistic for things going forward.  Thanks!

-- Michael | My swing! 

i have a counterbalance superstoke grip and i no longer have the hole at the butt to screw in putter tag. what did you do?

anyone else have this issue?

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

18 minutes ago, RickPro said:

i have a counterbalance superstoke grip and i no longer have the hole at the butt to screw in putter tag. what did you do?

I haven't had that problem, but I'd just snip off the threaded end and "glue" the cap on with silicone or Gorilla glue.

- John

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

I haven't had that problem, but I'd just snip off the threaded end and "glue" the cap on with silicone or Gorilla glue.

This. You can leave a little of the stub.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

41 minutes ago, RickPro said:

I think @Golfingdad had a similar issue and he did something like what @Hardspoon suggested.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 2405 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!