Note: This thread is 2423 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 hours ago, iacas said:

If you don't use your phone, you still have to plug it into a computer to upload your round.

That's still the way I do it even with the LIVE model.

If you have no plans to need to use a computer for that upload step, and are content to use your phone, you should be fine. The editing at gamegolf.com is browser-based, not OS-reliant.

I got that clarification from their tech support too... I'm back in the "I'm going to buy one" camp.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Cool. You'll enjoy it. 

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

• 2 months later...

It work very well. On my phone right now, I'll be more descriptive later.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

18 hours ago, jgreen85 said:

how well does the "tags + phone" solution work? mixed reviews on amazon.

You should dl the app first and use it a few rounds. Also, create a user profile on their website, then you can review and edit your rounds.

Basically the tagging system makes tagging entries simple, versus using the mobile app to enter/select clubs.

WIN THE G-MAC MASTERS CHALLENGE

Here's your chance to compete against my round at Augusta this week & the GAME GOLF community. PRIZE: WIN one of 4 SIGNED G-Mac by Kartel SHIRTS that I will be wearing each day this week. RANDOM DRAWING. TO ENTER: Every round you upload counts as a ticket to win. It's does not matter where you place

Any Golf Course, 9 or 18 Hole Rounds Only

Monday, April 4th 2016 - Monday, May 2nd 2016

Hey guys don't want to completely hijack but can someone explain the difference between game golf and game golf live? one is $125 and the other is $250. thanks.

12 minutes ago, freshmanUTA said:

Hey guys don't want to completely hijack but can someone explain the difference between game golf and game golf live? one is $125 and the other is $250. thanks.

Game Golf Live allows you to view the shot-tracking data in real-time as you play (on a smartphone).  It also - through the same app - can function as a rangefinder.

IMHO, not really worth the extra money...but others may disagree.

- John

@iacas,

I just got mine... At my home course (Newman Municipal) it thinks the 4th is the 6th and the 6th is the 4th any way to let the developers know they have it messed up. Because Ill link my two rounds below and you'll see what I mean.

https://www.gamegolf.com/round/834175 

https://www.gamegolf.com/round/841614 

Just wondering why it thinks that...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

1 hour ago, onthehunt526 said:

@iacas,

I just got mine... At my home course (Newman Municipal) it thinks the 4th is the 6th and the 6th is the 4th any way to let the developers know they have it messed up. Because Ill link my two rounds below and you'll see what I mean.

https://www.gamegolf.com/round/834175 

https://www.gamegolf.com/round/841614 

Just wondering why it thinks that...

Email customer support at GG. They're very responsive and work quickly to fix problems like that. http://www.gamegolfsupport.com

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

I just did, I guess because they "share a tee", They'd think it make logical sense to keep running parallel, #6, #7, and #8 make a triangle at Newman (well more like an irregular quadrilateral ), that's how I explained it to Game Golf support. 

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

On 19/04/2016 at 3:01 AM, freshmanUTA said:

I got the live since I got the discount for being an early adopter and had a friend keen to buy my original off me at the same time.

However, it was a pointless upgrade in terms of functionality for me. Personally I don't use the live features at all. One of the reasons I preferred the idea of Game Golf over Arccos (besides the lack of Android - now resolved I believe) was the fact it took no charge from my phone, and in many ways seemed simpler (for me, i understand people will argue Arccos is more hands off, but the tagging is habit for me and I have no problems with 10 mins reviewing my round afterwards). If you do want a rangefinder as well, i'd spend the other $125 on a second generation garmin watch, or just pick up a free app for your phone.

I love Game Golf and understand why they have made the changes they have, but really seeing as it is primarily a stat collecting tool I'd much prefer they spent their time on improving their stat data and presentation. For example more detailed strokes gained info, course and hole comparisons etc. It would be nice to pick a course I play regularly and see if there are one or more holes i struggle on, then if so where and why etc.

Hi, My name is Matt.

• Administrator

I think GG is going to find that they need to switch to a subscription at some point, because they can't just keep selling hardware to people.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

I think GG is going to find that they need to switch to a subscription at some point, because they can't just keep selling hardware to people.

I agree with that... selling hardware to people is only going to net so much profit...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Yes very true, I've spent a total of £300 on game golf (classic and live), and that has effectively got me and my friend all the hardware we need to keep filling their servers etc with data forever. I'd be interested if they considered the Live a sales success.

Hi, My name is Matt.

• 1 month later...

Does the Gamegolf program work on all smart watches? Or are the specific watches that work best? 

I went from tags, which cause my phone to die quickly. To the app, which was a PIA. To the LIVE unit which I bought on Ebay for $140. I LOVE IT! But I still open my phone for the distances. If I could find a watch that worked well I'd be sold. Thoughts?

FYI - I shot 3 rounds of 44 yesterday. Should I buy a lottery ticket?

• 4 weeks later...

I bought the Pebble Time for $99 and it works quite well for the basic distances without pulling the phone out. 

I've posted a similar question elsewhere on TST, but can those who have these butt-mounted devices tell me whether they get damaged when putting clubs back in the golf bag?

Note: This thread is 2423 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!