IGNORED

Tiger's Future Wins....Predictions?

Big Lex
Note: This thread is 3087 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How many more wins will Tiger rack up?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How many more major championships will Tiger Woods win?

• Zero
    • 2 or more
  2. 2. How many more total wins (majors, PGA Tour, WGC) will Tiger rack up? NOT counting exhibitions, other world tours, or Champions Tour.

• Zero
    • 2 or more

Zero and one.

I think he's got the game and mentality to win more, but I'm afraid he'll never be rid of the injuries.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I voted zero and zero but who knows. The optimistic side of me thinks that all great champions have a great charge or two left in the tank...the pessimistic/realistic side of me doesn't see much hope at all because he has the broken down body of a 55 year old former nfl player

From 12/2010-3/2013, Tiger disappeared, and was Player of the Year in 2013. Since then, he's had the back surgery that he foolishly tried to recover from in 3 months where the same surgery took Graham DeLaet one year to recover. DeLaet was probably wondering if Tiger was superman until Tiger screwed his back again with the same surgery in another part of the back. Tiger admits he came back too soon. Really?

I am still a believer - he will hit 40, and if he allows his body to repair, he can compete, and when one competes, one has a higher probability of winning. So I think he will win more than 5 tournaments, and will win a couple of majors if he plays 10 more years.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I can see him winning regular tournaments but his performance in Majors overall has been subpar.  As Jordan, Day, Rory, Dustin and others golf game continues to peak, Tiger's already well past his peak.  I think as some of these younger golfers get more established it will become even tougher.

I hope I'm wrong, I'd like to see Tiger revive the quest for Jack's record and it would be great for golf too.

Joe Paradiso

Guys, all Tiger has to do is win The Masters 4 more times and he's set. 

But he will still be 2 Masters behind what Jack said he would do after the 1997 win.

I'm not opining on majors, but I strongly believe that he will either never win another official event, or he will break Snead's record.  If he gets back to good enough to win once, it will not stop there, IMO.  Whether he gets back to that point is the real question, for me.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

I'll take the other side of the Masters coin and say that if Tiger were to have a shot at winning another major, I think it would come at the British. Yes, he knows and loves Augusta but so do a bunch of the guys he's competing against and they have the advantage of health/youth that he doesn't. Links golf is more timeless and I could see a crafty, old Tiger make a Tom Watson style run at the Open sometime in the next 5-10 years.

Edited by skydog

I went with zero and one.

Back on the day Tiger beat Rocco at Torrey Pines with a broken leg, I made an offhand comment to my golf buddies that he must have sold his soul to the devil for that victory, and he probably would never win another major.  The longer we go, the scarier that premonition becomes.

If he enters enough BC Opens, he just may steal one more minor victory.

Sad to see it end this way.

Marshall

Tiger will NEVER win again. He sucks.

Wonder if this post will deleted, too.

Apparently, you gotta be a tiger cheerleader to voice your opinion around here.

It will only be deleted for poor grammar...

Being realistic and objective is not being a cheerleader; being obnoxious is a whole 'nother ballgame.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• Administrator

Tiger will NEVER win again. He sucks.

Wonder if this post will deleted, too.

Apparently, you gotta be a tiger cheerleader to voice your opinion around here.

Your previous post was not deleted. It was hidden by a mod (until I saw that you'd posted this, at which time I deleted it).

Your (now-) deleted post said something like "Tiger's not good enough to win the weekly get-together at my local muni" or something like that. I can't read the mind of the moderator, but I imagine he felt that was just a really, really stupid thing to say.

You can have a different opinion - we encourage it - but try to add to the conversation instead of saying whatever stupid crap your previous post said.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

What's unrealistic about saying tiger will never win again? 

I'm sorry for leaving out the word "be" from a previous post.

Let's assume Tiger has learned his lesson about coming back too soon.

He is the 2nd all-time winningest player on the PGA Tour, second all-time in majors, had already disappeared and come back before disappearing again from coming back too soon from a back injury - he says that he wants to do what Vijay did in his 40's - win majors and many tournaments. It appears he has the will and motivation, and with his pedigree, you really do not think he will win again? Graham DeLaet took a year to recover from the same surgery - after 3 months, Tiger returned and Graham was wondering what Tiger was smoking. Tiger lacked patience, but perhaps he is learning.

I think it is an highly unrealistic assessment that Tiger will not win again. But that is my opinion.

I voted Zero Zero. I just don't see it happening

I agree with you. Who knows when he'll even be able to tee it up again? At best, I could see him playing again by mid-2016, but playing and competing are two vastly different things. With the level of talent on the tour now, I'd be amazed if Tiger ever wins again. And majors? Uh-uh.

Let's assume Tiger has learned his lesson about coming back too soon.

He is the 2nd all-time winningest player on the PGA Tour, second all-time in majors, had already disappeared and come back before disappearing again from coming back too soon from a back injury - he says that he wants to do what Vijay did in his 40's - win majors and many tournaments. It appears he has the will and motivation, and with his pedigree, you really do not think he will win again? Graham DeLaet took a year to recover from the same surgery - after 3 months, Tiger returned and Graham was wondering what Tiger was smoking. Tiger lacked patience, but perhaps he is learning.

I think it is an highly unrealistic assessment that Tiger will not win again. But that is my opinion.

I think it's a much more unrealistic assessment to think he ever will win again. I also think it's unrealistic to think that this most recent setback will be the last and that if he gives himself enough time to recover, then his health woes will be over. His body has broken down and once that starts happening, it doesn't stop. Add the mental scar tissue onto the list of physical and swing challenges he's facing, and it just doesn't look realistic to me. I never rooted for Tiger in his prime but I would actually like to see him win again, because I like comeback stories and it would be great for golf; that said, I would be willing to bet a large sum of money it never happens.

I think it is true that one has more issues as one gets older, especially a guy that hits as many balls as he supposedly has hit. And back and knee issues are fairly common in golf. Heck, even Jason Day has back issues at his 20 something age. But he works with a biomechanical consultant to reduce them.

I am not a Doc, but we do know that TIger has the money to spend on the best docs and best rehab, best consulting, and best blood work for recovery - and he has the motivation.

People recover from injuries when they are patient - Tiger has learned from his own impatience as to injuries - at least his statements indicate such learning. I will give the 2nd all time winner the benefit of the doubt. I assume he is an intelligent, although impatient type that is learning the limitations of his body.

I think the injuries caught up and now the level of talent on the tour is something we have never seen before.  Its all the product of Tiger himself.  All these young kids grew up watching him play and knew they had to get to his level if they ever wanted to compete. So now you have Rory, Jordan, Jason, and Ill throw Ricky in there, as just absolute studs that Tiger now has to beat if he ever wants to win again.  I don't think he is going to be able to do that.

Callaway Staffer. Golf Enthusiast. PGA lvl. 3 intern.   Lover of spoiling a good walk.
Driver:  Callaway 816 BB Alpha (Diamana Ki'lia 80 g    3W/5W: Callaway XR Pro  (Diamana Ki'lia 70g)
Irons: 3-PW Callaway Apex Pro (2 flat) Project X pxi     Wedges: 54  &  58 Callaway MD3

Instagram

I think the injuries caught up and now the level of talent on the tour is something we have never seen before.  Its all the product of Tiger himself.  All these young kids grew up watching him play and knew they had to get to his level if they ever wanted to compete. So now you have Rory, Jordan, Jason, and Ill throw Ricky in there, as just absolute studs that Tiger now has to beat if he ever wants to win again.  I don't think he is going to be able to do that.

On the other hand, what we've discovered is that Rory, Jason, and Ricky all have periods of inconsistency or injury. As to Jordan, we don't know how he can wield that putter like magic for how long. If he recovers from injury, the odds state Tiger has a very good chance of winning, sometime... someday ... 

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Note: This thread is 3087 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!