IGNORED

Tiger's Future Wins....Predictions?

Big Lex
Note: This thread is 3083 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How many more wins will Tiger rack up?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How many more major championships will Tiger Woods win?

• Zero
    • 2 or more
  2. 2. How many more total wins (majors, PGA Tour, WGC) will Tiger rack up? NOT counting exhibitions, other world tours, or Champions Tour.

• Zero
    • 2 or more

I voted 1 and 2+.  Logic is he is still capable of winning one major but with the current crop of youngsters, he would really need to go on a tear to win 2 or more majors.  Regular tournaments, can see him winning a few more.  All of course totally depends on him staying healthy.  Would love to see him challenge Jack's record of 18 but he needs to stay super healthy for that.  Not sure if his body can take the strain of the rep's needed for him to maintain his game at that level for the next 10 or 20 years.  Don't forget Tom Watson almost won a major at 59.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This thread became exactly what most of us knew it would.

I voted 0 &1, because IMO Tiger no longer has an advantage in the majors (meaning he doesn't hit it longer than others, he doesn't putt better & he doesn't intimidate the younger players) and I said 1 because he certainly can win in a given week but I feel that we will rarely see him compete as he has always played a very limited schedule. He is a long way from getting WGC invites and the opportunity to win those limited field events and we'll have to wait and see about things like the Fed Ex.

We can all have our opinions and biases, but really nobody here knows if and when Tiger will return to tournament golf, and if he will be competitive (be it for health or other reasons).

Now y'all can carry on with your Tiger bashing vs. Tiger idolizing.

Players play, tough players win!

I vote 0 and 0.Basically its because of why some feel hes better than jack because of strength of fields.The fields are alot better now than when Tiger was at top of his game.His age and body are not helping either.Phil is my boy and I figured he was good for 3 more majors and hes relatively healthy but the past few years have showed age defeats all.

I can see Tiger winning again.

Physically, he can recover from this back surgery, many players have had injuries and came back and won... 

But... Mentally he is gone, and may never recover, his divorce is still eating at him... He's won 8 times since the scandal... But that was '12 and '13... 

I stated in another thread, that if Tiger and Elin were still married and he would have been faithful, he may already have 20 majors... Realistically maybe 16 or 17, but when he won majors before, he won them in bunches...

He needs to make peace with whatever inner demons he has before he will ever win again

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

This is one of those where I hope I'm wrong, but I think Tiger is finished. This second surgery was a huge blow, not just physically but moreso mentally. I just don't have optimism he can recover, but at the same time, I truly hope he does. He's going to have to go through hell and back to get back to being competitive, but if anyone can do it, it's Tiger. 

Well, like Phil, I believe Tiger's heyday is behind him and he will not win another major.  But he certainly still has the capability win a tournament or two before he retires from competitive golf.

Butch

19 minutes ago, Kenny Lee said:

Perhaps tiger should seek sex reassignment surgery (like Caitlyn Jenner) and take a shot at the LPGA Tour.

It's the only chance at winning another tournament.

And your only chance...

(you had to see that coming :-))

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Tiger needs to realize his age & the issues with his back & develop a swing that his back can handle for years to come.     He NEEDS to become a sharp shooter like Zach - average tee shot distance, and focus on his deadly iron/wedge game & putting.    Here's a correlation ... major league pitchers often start by throwing mid 90's heat & practically all of them develop their off-speed stuff when they get older.     It's just part of getting older - Tiger's ego hasn't allowed him to realize that a change in style is necessary now - he doesn't have the body left to bang it out there 310+ REGULARLY with the young guns.    Sooner he "gets" this, sooner he has a chance at winning again. 

This isn't only my opinion (this is about the 3rd time I've mentioned it in these Tiger threads) ... it's Peter Kostis' opinion as well - his article in one of the golf mags last month said exactly that...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Haney mentioned that tigress is obsessed with distance. This isn't going to change.

tigress needs to retire immediately, instead of continually soiling his reputation (as a golfer) each time he plays in a tournament. His reputation as a human being is already soiled to completion.

He has been so huge to golf that I would love to see him come back and be competitive. Listening to a radio golf channel guy who brought up a good point: He has not played the same schedule of golf that the younger healthy stars are playing, and he has had serious injuries. It's been a tough 10 or so years for tiger.

It's gonna be a tough road ahead.

Note: This thread is 3083 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!