IGNORED

Stevie Takes Shots at Tiger in Book

iacas
Note: This thread is 3056 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

14 hours ago, skydog said:

....I don't even know what to say with this but comparing Stevie to Bruce is borderline offensive to me (and it takes a lot to offend me)

Who is comparing the two? Not me. There could not be two more contrasting characters in the caddying game.

I don't like Williams at all, and FTR, Aussies never defend Kiwis anyway.

My point is that a book about Edwards is not a book about caddying.

Likewise, a book about Tiger and Williams is not a book about caddying.

A book by one of Robert Allenby's 21 caddies would not be about caddying, but about what a *&%^ Allenby is. I'd read it!

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

11 hours ago, Shorty said:

Fair enough, apologies if I misinterpreted your point

12 hours ago, Shorty said:

What is google????????

Who is comparing the two? Not me. There could not be two more contrasting characters in the caddying game.

I don't like Williams at all, and FTR, Aussies never defend Kiwis anyway.

A book by one of Robert Allenby's 21 caddies would not be about caddying, but about what a *&%^ Allenby is. I'd read it!

I guess you misunderstood my crack at Williams.
I dont think the Golf world cares much about anything other than Williams and his interactions on and off the course with Tiger.

I personally have zero interest in almost anything Williams has to say. Especially since he is doing a cash grab!

He could write a book on how to solve world hunger and I probably wouldnt read it!!!!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

19 minutes ago, Elmer said:

What is google????????

I guess you misunderstood my crack at Williams.
I dont think the Golf world cares much about anything other than Williams and his interactions on and off the course with Tiger.

I personally have zero interest in almost anything Williams has to say. Especially since he is doing a cash grab!

He could write a book on how to solve world hunger and I probably wouldnt read it!!!!

What if it was a book about golf course strategy and how to play certain courses? I would find that interesting.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

What if it was a book about golf course strategy and how to play certain courses? I would find that interesting.

Step 1: Be the best player in history

Step 2: Play it however you want

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

22 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

Yes . .my first thought upon hearing about the Tiger/Elin scandal was "Where was Steve Williams in all this"? lol. 

This is a really good point. No idea why he would be upset about Tiger not clearing his name. Like he somehow thought that he was in on it and others thought badly of him because of it. 

I heard a story, first hand from another caddie on tour, long before the scandal that Steve had gotten a hold of a picture of some lady in the town their were in and he was showing it to Tiger and they were joking about it together. So I am mixed about what he knew or didn't know. But either way who cares, I don't really care about him a person I see him as part of a team, the greatest team in the history of golf.  He was a bit player, but his personal life or the personal life of the guy who's bag he carried had nothing to do with it.

Michael

12 hours ago, dkolo said:

Step 1: Be the best player in history

Step 2: Play it however you want

I was thinking more alone the lines of difficult hole analysis. Example: Applying Lowest Score Wins type strategies for the players he worked with. Where did Tiger want to land the ball on 11 at Augusta with his shot shape? 

He could have given us insight on how the player looks at the course and how a caddy helps him make decisions. What do you look for to determine wind speed/direction? How do you calculated distances at different temps, wind speeds, etc. Instead, it is a tell-all book about stuff I am not really interested in.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

He could have given us insight on how the player looks at the course and how a caddy helps him make decisions. What do you look for to determine wind speed/direction? How do you calculated distances at different temps, wind speeds, etc. Instead, it is a tell-all book about stuff I am not really interested in.

He could have, but then he wouldn't sell nearly as many books ;) 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I haven't read the book, but I would if someone would furnish me a copy of the book.  I am a Tiger fan as a golfer, but as a husband, he screwed the pooch.  He is a good father from what I have read and seen, but this part of his life is very personal and none of my business.  I do remember from the book "The Big Miss", that Tiger let Williams travel from New Zealand to Washington D.C. only to tell him that he forgot to tell him that he withdrew.  You don't let somebody travel that far just to tell him you forgot.

I don't know much about Steve Williams and I didn't play or follow golf when he and Tiger worked together but from what I've been able to surmise, it appears he's a pretty big asshat.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Note: This thread is 3056 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!