IGNORED

TST's New IPS Forum - Post Your Bugs, Etc.

iacas
Note: This thread is 2620 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

First, check the settings on the left side. It might be set to "since my last visit" or something.  You can set it to "All Results."

time_period.thumb.png.9472704c5a07e39df2

And at both top and bottom of the list of the threads on that page are buttons to get to the second page, third page, etc.

next_page.thumb.png.dd56464eff44443338c6

That was it!  Thanks, +Missouri Swede and +NewtoGolf.  

Now to find how to reference someone by name here...

Also, I need to be sure to revisit this thread in a few months when I'm used to the new software.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes we're aware and working on that. 

Videos seem to be working now.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Maybe it's me, but the search function is not very intuitive. If I type "My Swing (boogielicious)" which is the exact title of my My Swing thread, it doesn't come back with the thread.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Can we now give reputation points in the grill room? ( non golf topics)

@Shindig just type "@" then a couple characters of the name. You'll see a popup. Type more til u see the name u want. Works better now than old site cuz consistent on mobile and PC. 

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Seems to be working well

Edited by avmech

Best regards,  Frank

:titleist: 913 D2 10.5*

:titleist: 913 F 17*

:titleist: 913 H 21*

:titleist: 716 AP1 4-P

:vokey:  SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

:odyssey: Tank Cruiser #7

:sunmountain: C-130

Maybe it's me, but the search function is not very intuitive. If I type "My Swing (boogielicious)" which is the exact title of my My Swing thread, it doesn't come back with the thread.

Agreed. I searched this way on the old site and it usually worked well. Here, the My Swing thread you want could be many pages down the results. 

I suggested an enhancement on the other site features thread to include a link in the profile to their My Swing thread- like the Game Golf link will be there. Definitely useful for me as I enjoy browsing swing threads when I see comments in other areas. 

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Embedded tweets are rendering now w/attached media. Good job @iacas ! Wanted an excuse to use the @.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

@Shindig just type "@" then a couple characters of the name. You'll see a popup. Type more til u see the name u want. Works better now than old site cuz consistent on mobile and PC. 

Oh, we're using that notation.  Seems fair enough.  Thanks.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

New site has a very crisp, sleek look to it. I see no major problems, but I do have some questions on minor issues:

1. Both iacas and mvmac have darker text with excellent contrast in their sig lines. The Sigs of me and most other posters are faint and washed out. What's the secret for darker text, without putting everything in bold?

2. In Sigs, bullet items have a full  horizontal line space between them.  You two have less air between separate lines. What is the secret (for sigs and for posts in general).

3. Instructions mention that avatars have Facebook dimensions. Mine now looks very spread out left to right. Should the avatar be photo-shopped into a square image?

Thanks, W

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

See what I wrote in post #40 above (about 9 posts ago, 4th from the top of this page).  Is that "go to first unread post" what you want?

How do I do it on Android?

Colin P.

2. In Sigs, bullet items have a full  horizontal line space between them.  You two have less air between separate lines. What is the secret (for sigs and for posts in general).

"Enter" or "return" inserts a new paragraph while shift-enter or shift-return inserts a new line.

3. Instructions mention that avatars have Facebook dimensions. Mine now looks very spread out left to right. Should the avatar be photo-shopped into a square image?

Yeah I would just upload it again, then the system has you crop it.

Mike McLoughlin

How do I do it on Android?

Same thing.  Just touch the dot or the star at the left side of the thread title.  (Just took this screenshot from my Galaxy tablet a couple of minutes ago, and it brought me to the first unread post in those threads.)

android_new_posts.thumb.jpg.124a55194e69

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Same thing.  Just touch the dot or the star at the left side of the thread title.  (Just took this screenshot from my Galaxy tablet a couple of minutes ago, and it brought me to the first unread post in those threads.)

android_new_posts.thumb.jpg.124a55194e69

Ok thanks bro!

How about when you check your activity from your profile?

Colin P.

How about when you check your activity from your profile?

Not sure I can help you there.  About the only time I go to my profile is to change my avatar or signature or something.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

(edited)

Noticing that when I paste the URL for YouTube videos and Instagram that some are embedding and others aren't. Tweets seem to be fine. It's just been inconsistent for me.

Example from another user here. http://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/84619-my-swing-bogeyaah/#comment-1135397

Test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3JuKYgWeuY

https://instagram.com/p/8bfpuEMJ_d/?taken-by=golfchannel

Edited by mvmac

Mike McLoughlin

Overall it looks great.  Is there anyway to get the posts to fill the whole width all the time?  I'm running Windows 7 w/ the latest version of Firefox and the actual posts only use about 1/3 of the width of my screen which I find really inefficient (lots of vertical scrolling to read a thread).   On the right side at the top of each page is a column that contains "Posts, Images, Birthdays, etc") which I don't really care about - and that space is then blank as I scroll down.  Is there any way to turn that off?   

ps: It looks to me like it's one of the style sheet width settings.  If I narrow my browser window down, at some point that column is hidden automatically.  It's still annoying to me that I have to resize my browser every I come to the forum though...

Untitled-1.jpg

Big clubs: :titleist: 915D3 @ 9.5°, :callaway: X-Hot Pro 3W
Med clubs: :callaway: X-Hot Pro 5W, :titleist: 910H 4H,
Small clubs: :callaway: X-Hot Pro 5-AW, :titleist: Vokey 55.10, 60.10

• Administrator

Overall it looks great.  Is there anyway to get the posts to fill the whole width all the time?  I'm running Windows 7 w/ the latest version of Firefox and the actual posts only use about 1/3 of the width of my screen which I find really inefficient (lots of vertical scrolling to read a thread).   On the right side at the top of each page is a column that contains "Posts, Images, Birthdays, etc") which I don't really care about - and that space is then blank as I scroll down.  Is there any way to turn that off?   

ps: It looks to me like it's one of the style sheet width settings.  If I narrow my browser window down, at some point that column is hidden automatically.  It's still annoying to me that I have to resize my browser every I come to the forum though...

It must just be you (or your browser).

http://cl.ly/image/3x072b1n203R

That's what it looks like full-screen on my desktop (2560 x 1440).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2620 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!