IGNORED

TST's New IPS Forum - Post Your Bugs, Etc.

iacas
Note: This thread is 2783 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

The site is missing a Fav icon.  Definitely need to add one of those.

I've added one a few times. It keeps going away.

It's at http://thesandtrap.com/uploads/set_resources_2/favicon-2.ico.7bfddb2d5e92dad84bdd766524338f9f.ico currently. Which works. It'll take a little while to show up in your browser.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The search doesn't seem Google like anymore. For example search on

"can't hit my driver" 

used to return several threads with almost that title.

Today the #1 return is " 5 minute daily challenge" and the most relevant posts don't show.

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

• Administrator

Site search was definitely a bit of a downgrade, yes. I haven't looked a lot yet but even things like being able to specify searching titles only would be nice, and I'm surprised it's not there. Maybe it is but hidden with stuff like "title:ping AND G30" or something like that. Which would still be lame…

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

not sure if this is true for anyone else, but the site is running WAAAAY slow since the changeover.

Aside from the first day or two, I completely disagree. Measurements I've taken also disagree.

I'm still having an issue picking up where I left off reading when I click on posts. Seems to either take me to the very beginning of the thread, or to the end.

not sure if this is true for anyone else, but the site is running WAAAAY slow since the changeover.

Are you on mobile or desktop?

Responsive design will be slower than adaptive due to it loading more html/css/images/etc on mobile.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

Are you on mobile or desktop?

Responsive design will be slower than adaptive due to it loading more html/css/images/etc on mobile.

Mobile has been ok speed wise, despite me not being wowed bythe new design. On my desktop at work it's been slow as hell

Colin P.

• Administrator

The added CSS is just text, and no extra images are loaded, nor is any extra HTML. So no, it's not really significantly more text. A few kb, as in… 10 or 15.

I don't know, @colin007: it's been quite fast here. Perhaps you have a caching issue, or a firewall issue or an issue with some scripting that's loaded from off-site or something.

Some users have avatars from the old site that are quite large, too.

This isn't a bug per se, but sometimes the ad at the top center of the page is oriented vertical like the ones on the side. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

This isn't a bug per se, but sometimes the ad at the top center of the page is oriented vertical like the ones on the side. 

I have seen the same thing. 

"can't hit my driver" 

used to return several threads with almost that title.

Today the #1 return is " 5 minute daily challenge" and the most relevant posts don't show.

I've been doing searches via Google. So:

site:thesandtrap.com "can't hit my driver" yields:

Screen Shot 2015-10-11 at 3.16.57 PM.png

• Upvote 3

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Erik,

I wanted to use my TST reviews of Shotmaker (2011) and SLDR irons (2014) at school as examples of product analysis reports.

I got the URLs through Advanced Search, but when I attempt to access the link, I get this message:
  "Cannot find the page you requested." (Error Code 2T187/2)

Here is Shotmaker URL from old system: http://thesandtrap.com/products/harrison-shotmaker-shaft-insert/reviews/4113

Would you know how I can access the Reviews?

Thanks much, John

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Since the switch, whilst typing on my mobile, sometimes this site makes my typing and keyboard go wonky. Never happened before in any other site in the year I've had this phone.

Colin P.

Since the switch, whilst typing on my mobile, sometimes this site makes my typing and keyboard go wonky. Never happened before in any other site in the year I've had this phone.

I have an iPhone 4, with an older OS and I have been using Safari lately. Occasionally, I lose the cursor in a reply, and no amount of typing reveals where it is. I will dismiss the text box and then click inside it again to regain focus of the cursor to type. I think later I noticed some extra text ended up being at the bottom of my reply and it was where my original "phantom" typing went. Not sure I can duplicate it, but I know it's happened at least once during a reply.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

• Administrator

Erik,

I wanted to use my TST reviews of Shotmaker (2011) and SLDR irons (2014) at school as examples of product analysis reports.

I got the URLs through Advanced Search, but when I attempt to access the link, I get this message:
  "Cannot find the page you requested." (Error Code 2T187/2)

Here is Shotmaker URL from old system: http://thesandtrap.com/products/harrison-shotmaker-shaft-insert/reviews/4113

Would you know how I can access the Reviews?

Thanks much, John

They're gone. We have them in the database backup but have no plans to re-create them any time soon. This was announced before.

Look for the 4.1 updates.

What was the reason for the platform shift?

We were done with Huddler and they were done with us.

I've been doing searches via Google. So:

site:thesandtrap.com "can't hit my driver" yields:

Screen Shot 2015-10-11 at 3.16.57 PM.png

Came here to post about how the search function was driving me mad. Even when you click "show topics only" it still just gives me a bunch of random posts with a keyword or two. Totally forgot about the Google trick. Thanks for the reminder.:-)

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Note: This thread is 2783 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!