IGNORED

Any other car enthusiasts?

GungaGalunga
Note: This thread is 2057 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Saw the McLaren while grabbing my coffee this morning...
AF1QipMW7NF48boOWZu6g924Z7qOkCKa36hXkRUg
Then saw this GT-R when I went for a walk at lunch.  Guess the nice fall weather brings out the impromptu "better get the car out before the snow flies"...

I also own a 1969 Mustang Fastback.  Nothing special, just an automatic cruiser with a 302.  Can't find a picture of it at the moment, but when I do, I will update my post with it.  :-)

Any other car guys on here?

-Ryan

• Administrator

Unfortunately I have never had the time to be a car enthusiast, but I did want to say two things:

• Great topic. Nice idea.
  • You can't embed images from your email or whatever. Other people who are not logged in as you can't see them.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Same here. I have an eye for certain cars that I like. Besides that I really don't get into the tech aspects. I don't geek out on cars. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I'll geek out about cars right alongside you. I just wish I had that time, money, and space to be a real enthusiast. I had a professor in college (Automotive Powertrain Theory) who ran a side business working on old Porsches. We got to visit his garage once, which was this massive two-story warehouse and workshop. Porsches wall-to-wall, engines up on blocks, spare parts everywhere. One of the most impressive things I've ever seen. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I've always been a car enthusiast.  I've had a Z-28, Trans Am, 2 Corvettes, RX-7, CTS-V and current fun car is a 2015 GT-R.

Joe Paradiso

1 hour ago, newtogolf said:

I've always been a car enthusiast.  I've had a Z-28, Trans Am, 2 Corvettes, RX-7, CTS-V and current fun car is a 2015 GT-R.

I'm partial to older Cadillacs.....my 1997 ElDorado. AKA "The Mattilac" 

image.jpg

Looking for a bigger car. Town Car: Room for four big dudes and a trunk as big as Rhode Island. Ultimate Pro-Am vehicle! 

I once was more enthusiastic ... first car was a '65 Mustang. After university, I was partial to BMW's as an overall practical sports sedan, owned a 2001 Audi TT, chipped and aftermarket exhaust ... I am now looking for an old BMW 5 Series as sticks are tough to find. I've driven a manual transmission since I was 15 yrs old. I have found that 5 speeds are optimum ... once you get to 6 speeds, it's not as intuitive. I do not enjoy the auto transmissions that one can shift ... it's not the same visceral feeling.

I have a friend who struck it rich, and he's owned Porsches and Mercedes, but I've not been impressed by their daily driver character. Now a Mercedes E or S Series sedans? Wonderful for a passenger. The driving experience? I prefer the BMW.

But heck, now I'm looking at a Mazda CX-5, and would have bought one two years ago if they would carry golf clubs without putting down the rear seat - and Mazda makes a good car -- they attempt to simulate BMW in their own way.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

22 hours ago, iacas said:

Unfortunately I have never had the time to be a car enthusiast, but I did want to say two things:

• Great topic. Nice idea.
  • You can't embed images from your email or whatever. Other people who are not logged in as you can't see them.

Ah, thanks for the note about not being able to embed images.  On another note, for some reason, I cannot edit my first post, so here are the images I was talking about...

McLaren
mclaren_20151106.jpg

GTR
nissan_gtr_20151106.jpg

I still can't believe where I was recently.  I am not at liberty to say where I was or post any photos but I was in car heaven.  Due to special circumstances, I was able to be in a "garage" that had 30 extremely rare and sought after cars.  To name a few, a Lamborghini Dino 246GT, a 1928 Royals Royce torpedo back Thunderbolt, a 1955 Mercedes 300SL, ... The owner is such a nice person.  I am fortunate to get to do this once in my lifetime and am thankful for a great night. 

Darrell Butler

Coach (me) to player, "Hey, what percentage of putts left short never go in?"  Player, "Coach, 100% of putts left short never go in."  Coach (me), "Exactly."  Player, "Coach what percentage of putts that go long never go in."  LOL!

I love old cars but like others I am not a gear head and wouldn't have the time to dedicate to it (golf is already taking up that space).  When we were moving, there was a car lot that had a cherry 1969 Nova for like 19K sticker price.  I mentioned it would be nice to have a classic car to my wife.  She looked at me with that wife look, you married men all know the one I am speaking about.  

@Mr. Desmond I currently drive a little 325xi (2004) and love it to death, have had it for going on 9 years and hoping to get 3 more.  I wouldn't mind getting a 5 series for my next car and like you would prefer it be an older model.  An old co-worker of mine has a 2002 M5 with manual transmission and it is fun to ride in.  He got a sweetheart deal on it off of a guy who owns a specialty car shop.  When I was having car problems I took my car there and the place was insane, all high end luxury cars and a shop floor that I kid you not, you could eat off of it was so polished clean.  

We need to get a family car and my wife is wanting an X5.  If can get a used one at a good price she might get that but we will see.

I'm not big time enthusiast, but I do appreciate cars. I had my wife by a used Miata for her 50th. We rented one for our 15th anniversary and it was a blast to drive. The one she got for the 50th is fun too. I like car to be fun to drive and not necessarily all tricked out.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I found some pictures of some of the cars I saw:

DSC01196.jpg

Edited by CoachB25

Darrell Butler

Coach (me) to player, "Hey, what percentage of putts left short never go in?"  Player, "Coach, 100% of putts left short never go in."  Coach (me), "Exactly."  Player, "Coach what percentage of putts that go long never go in."  LOL!

16 hours ago, CoachB25 said:

I found some pictures of some of the cars I saw:

DSC01196.jpg

Cool. I love convertible roadsters. They are the most fun to drive. I think my favorite of all time is the 57 Corvette.  Were there any of those there?

56472b1a3a7cf_57corvette.jpg.29adf45a5b9

Scott

My Swing Thread

He had 5 Vettes.  One was similar.  He had just about anything you could imagine.  I tried to post pics off of the internet of some others but they wouldn't copy. 

Here is another car:

rr-roadster-920-2.jpg?w=500

Darrell Butler

56 minutes ago, CoachB25 said:

He had 5 Vettes.  One was similar.  He had just about anything you could imagine.  I tried to post pics off of the internet of some others but they wouldn't copy. 

Here is another car:

rr-roadster-920-2.jpg?w=500

Cool.

Scott

My Swing Thread

BTW, that is a 1928 Rolls Royce Thunderbolt.  This particular car was "missing" for over 40 year when it was discovered again in a barn. 

Darrell Butler

• 2 years later...

We should revive this thread given the sites abilities now... Post your toys!

20180807_103104.jpg

My play toy...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 2057 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!