IGNORED

2015 Golf Goals Official Recap Thread - How Did You Do?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 2955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Posted 7 Dec 2014 

1. Have more fun instead of focusing 100% on improvement.

2. Try to even out the strengths and weaknesses a bit.

3. Get to an acceptable level of competence with keys 1 through 3.

4. Increase or at least maintain the flexibility I currently have

I can't say that I did real well on any of these.

Still became irritated by mistakes, so no real change there.

Could not quite even out the strengths and weaknesses. Seemed when one part of my game was at its best, another suffered. I suppose that's golf for some of us (who don't practice properly).

My scores dropped due to small improvement of all the keys, but didn't maintain that level of improvement through to the end of the season.

I did work a lot on flexibility, so I guess that's a win.

Jon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 11/14/2014 at 9:57 AM, GangGreen said:

In order: 1) Get in better golf shape 2) Keep up with the lessons 2) Break 90 3) HI at or below 18 by season's end

Not bad, 1) I started a work-out regiment that I've kept up with so far and has really helped, 2) I believe I took 6 lessons early in the season, 3) had my first sub-90 round on the home course on May 1st (88), 8 rounds below 90 for the season, and 4) ended the year with a HI of 16.6. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2015-01-27 at 5:31 AM, Uncle Peter said:

2015 Goals:

1) Get an eagle --> I'm going to have to work on accuracy with my hybrids and woods

2) More straighter and longer drives --> Need to work on some errors in my swing and make it more consistent

3) Make better contact with all clubs especially irons --> Again need to work on my swing

4) Eliminate "open club face at impact" problem --> Not quite sure how to fix this one yet.

Most of my goals relate to me fixing my swing, so that's the main goal this year.

1) No eagle, but did get very close a couple of times. Hybrid/Wood accuracy and distance did improve though.

2) Drives did get longer towards the end of this season and a little more straighter. I should add that they also became more predictable, see below.

3) Contact with my irons was slightly better overall (when I could remember what I was doing wrong!).

4) This was mostly a problem with my driver. I did find a few drills that reduced it to a point where it's more manageable and predictable, but I haven't eliminated it. Instead I just decided to live with it, and adjust my drives accordingly. It actually worked and I'm now hitting a nice fade with my drives.

Overall, my swing has slightly improved and my shots (especially drives) have become a bit more predictable, which is always nice.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

1. Break 80 on my home course. (Had two 83's last month).

2. Reduce my H/C index to below 11. (The index currently sits at 12.5).

That's it.

1. Completed goal # 1 yesterday! 41 out, 38 home for my first ever sub 80 round. Which has......

2............. Bought my handicap index down to 11.9. Close.

Chris.:roll:

My goals are simple as they are every year...................I finished 2014 with a 3.1 index..............my only goal for 2015 is to beat that.  I don't care if it's by .1...........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finished the year at 0.7 so the year was a success.   I failed on many minor fronts, but scoring is the primary goal that matters.  

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

• 2 months later...

1) Get my HI below 30

2) Multiple rounds under 100

3) Finish top 3 low net in my club tournament.

I need to become a more consistent ball striker.  I hope to accomplish this with lessons, feedback from the "My Swing" thread and practice!

A little late posting to this to this thread... I tend to disappear in the fall/winter.  ;-).

1) I got my HI down to 29.5 by the end my season. So that was accomplished!

2) Unfortunately I only achieved #2 once but last season my scores were consistently lower than in the past so I was happy with that.

3) Might have been a little aggressive as a goal.  I finished 2nd net in 2014 so I figured why not again? But in 2015 I finished somewhere in the middle of the pack.

As far as my notes on how to achieve my goals; I did take lessons, but I did not take advantage of "My Swing".  Probably the thing that helped me the most last year was reading LSW.  

Bill Z.

:ping: G15 Driver
:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 5 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 7 wood
:tmade: Burner 2.0 4I-AW
:cleveland: CG15 56
DLR Hog 1005D Putter

Note: This thread is 2955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!