IGNORED

NCAA Basketball Fans

Gator Hazard
Note: This thread is 2914 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Welp, no post season for Louisville.  They imposed a 1 year ban on themselves over the stripper/recruiting scandal.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

49 minutes ago, davechen said:

Welp, no post season for Louisville.  They imposed a 1 year ban on themselves over the stripper/recruiting scandal.

You mean whores not strippers. I saw that at lunch with my daughter today (fair day so no school and working from home).  That is them trying to get ahead of it before NCAA really delves in. One year is their hope for what they would have given but I can see NCAA coming down a lot harder. Maybe a few years and take away some scholarships. 

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, that was soul crushing.  Carolina should have blown Duke out, but they couldn't put them away.  And then the execution in the final couple minutes was horrible.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons

My team is in the shitter with both of our big guys hurt and this new interim head coach who is the head coach due to politics and not because he deserves it, his only head coaching experience was one year as head coach of Findlay Prep (High School team but one of the best in the nation).  

What is going on with OU lately?  I have not been able to follow a lot but they are dropping games, lost to Kansas at home, lost to K State (Krugers Alma Mater) and just lost to Texas Tech.  I can understand the first one but the other two seem like hangover losses unless they have had some injuries.

• 4 weeks later...

The Tar Heels won the ACC championship!  They locked up a #1 seed by beating Virginia.  UVa was able to force their style of game, a grind it out, half court game, but UNC was still able to win.  The best defense I've seen UNC play in a long time.

• 3 weeks later...

Syracuse is better than their record. For the doubters who thought another team should've gotten in over the Orange, you were dead wrong... 

This is probably Jim Boeheim's guttiest squad ever... I thought they would make the tournament, but would've had to play a First Four game, and probably end up in the South region with Kansas. 

I will say that Middle Tennessee beating Michigan State, and Gonzaga winning against the #3 seed helped, but even with all the help in the first two rounds, they still beat the #3 overall seed in Virginia.

It's on to Houston, to play UNC (who will probably destroy us).

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Curious what others thought about the refs in tonight's NCAA championship game...

There were a ton of missed calls - mostly travels and ticky-tack fouls - which is fine.  But then there were several obvious hard fouls with no call, and quite a few ticky-tack fouls that were called.

Just seemed very strange and inconsistent.  Overall still a very watchable game!

11 minutes ago, Rextarpromodel63 said:

Curious what others thought about the refs in tonight's NCAA championship game...

There were a ton of missed calls - mostly travels and ticky-tack fouls - which is fine.  But then there were several obvious hard fouls with no call, and quite a few ticky-tack fouls that were called.

Just seemed very strange and inconsistent.  Overall still a very watchable game!

I will say I agree, but at least they were consistent both ways... the one foul they called on UNC should've been a jump ball. 

Great shot by Jenkins after Paige hit the three to tie it. It was a great game, a lot of my co-workers were saying UNC was going to kill Villanova, but they were wrong... What a great game, and great finish.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

7 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

I will say I agree, but at least they were consistent both ways... 

I pretty much don't care if calls are missed as long as they are consistent. I hate tightly called games. I think it can disrupt the flow of the game. If Ted Valentine is calling a game I will not watch. You know both teams are going to be in the double bonus before 10 minutes remaining in each half. It's just god awful to watch. 

8 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

Great shot by Jenkins after Paige hit the three to tie it. It was a great game, a lot of my co-workers were saying UNC was going to kill Villanova, but they were wrong... What a great game, and great finish.

That was just a too clean of a look for that point in the game.Still, a great shot from 4 feet behind the 3-point line. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I'm biased, but I thought Carolina got called with a number of bogus, ricky-tack fouls in the first half.  And in the second half they got called for a foul on a jump ball, then it turns around and Villanova got a jump ball on pretty much the same situation.

6 hours ago, davechen said:

I'm biased, but I thought Carolina got called with a number of bogus, ricky-tack fouls in the first half.  And in the second half they got called for a foul on a jump ball, then it turns around and Villanova got a jump ball on pretty much the same situation.

There were some calls that left us scratching our head.  The one that had me at wtf. Was when the nova guard ran into the back of a NC player and they called a foul on the NC player. Exactly what was he supposed to do ??   If they publicly repimanded the refs, this wouldn't be such an issue.  

Oh well one heck of a game thou.  

15 minutes ago, GolfingInHawaiiSpoiledMe said:

There were some calls that left us scratching our head.  The one that had me at wtf. Was when the nova guard ran into the back of a NC player and they called a foul on the NC player. Exactly what was he supposed to do ??   If they publicly repimanded the refs, this wouldn't be such an issue.  

Oh well one heck of a game thou.  

I agree. However a ref's call didn't decide the game.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Note: This thread is 2914 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!