IGNORED

Share your New Strokes Gained Data from GAME Golf!

iacas
Note: This thread is 2539 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 minute ago, Lihu said:

It seems to always use the center of the green as the assumed hole position?

You can move the pin position when editing, along with any shot.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, Club Rat said:

Good point. If the place of the original putt or the hole is off, then the entire calculation is off. For strokes gained putting, it's all about initial putt length.  

Of course, if they want to get granular about how you putt at certain ranges, that all the putt lengths you take are important, not just the initial putt.

I suspect that GG has some smart folks who will get this right, but it'll be an interesting challenge how they communicate it through their interface how people need to adjust the pin position if they want their SG stats to be correct. Not only does it impact strokes gained putting, but also the strokes gained for the approach, of course. If you hit it to 1 foot from 175yds, but the pin location is somewhere else on the green, how would GG know to give your approach the kudos it deserves?

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

21 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

You're talking about "editing", but I use this application so it can measure everything for me and give me stats at the end. Unfortunately, I don't remember the pin placements after a round.

I suppose the trade off is not having to fiddle with stuff and just live with slightly skewed stats for the time being?

Also, it takes time to edit after every hole and is not as accurate as having the GPS and application do that for you? Maybe there should be a simple button to press like "end hole" that does that?

16 minutes ago, RandallT said:

Good point. If the place of the original putt or the hole is off, then the entire calculation is off. For strokes gained putting, it's all about initial putt length.  

Of course, if they want to get granular about how you putt at certain ranges, that all the putt lengths you take are important, not just the initial putt.

I suspect that GG has some smart folks who will get this right, but it'll be an interesting challenge how they communicate it through their interface how people need to adjust the pin position if they want their SG stats to be correct. Not only does it impact strokes gained putting, but also the strokes gained for the approach, of course. If you hit it to 1 foot from 175yds, but the pin location is somewhere else on the green, how would GG know to give your approach the kudos it deserves?

Exactly, it also gave me kudos for hitting within 15 feet of the pin from 187 yards today. So it put me as better than scratch in this approach category? The reality is I hit the front and it rolled 15 feet short of the center and still had like 50 feet left to the pin.

This is how the putting appeared on GG. . .

SG.thumb.png.1ca6b6075d75533e43c75569aee

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

1 minute ago, Lihu said:

Maybe there should be a simple button to press like "end hole" that does that?

A big suggestion on GG forum is a tag for the flagstick. Comments can be read at -

http://myexperience.gamegolf.com/forums/236342-feature-requests/suggestions/10911876-gps-chip-for-flag-sticks-gamegolf-affiliate-co.

Matt commented  ·  December 28, 2015 20:14  

Instead of having a gps on the flag stick, why not have a button or a tag to press/tab on the flag stick to mark where it is

8 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

A big suggestion on GG forum is a tag for the flagstick. Comments can be read at -

http://myexperience.gamegolf.com/forums/236342-feature-requests/suggestions/10911876-gps-chip-for-flag-sticks-gamegolf-affiliate-co.

Matt commented  ·  December 28, 2015 20:14  

Instead of having a gps on the flag stick, why not have a button or a tag to press/tab on the flag stick to mark where it is

I think the application version will be easier, they can just add a button "Holed Out" or something. For the tag and controller version, maybe they can simply make a tag that loops onto your belt or something?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

2 hours ago, Lihu said:

What I want to know is how the heck can a scratch player be that much better than 1.89 putts per hole?

Scratch players probably average 1.6 to 1.7 putts per hole, not 1.9.  And that's with hitting 11-14 greens, not 5-7.  If the data is accurate (big if perhaps), your putting needs to improve.  How often to you 3-putt? More than one hole per round? Than yes, you can improve lag putting quite a bit.

1 hour ago, Club Rat said:

A big suggestion on GG forum is a tag for the flagstick

I wrote a suggestion to GG, asking for a double tag with the putter at the flagstick location, which could be done at any point, i.e. before the first putt, after the first putt or after the ball is in the hole.

• Upvote 1

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

19 minutes ago, sjduffers said:

I wrote a suggestion to GG, asking for a double tag with the putter at the flagstick location, which could be done at any point, i.e. before the first putt, after the first putt or after the ball is in the hole.

It's the highest rated suggestion voted on. 431 votes, that should get GG attention.

http://myexperience.gamegolf.com/forums/236342-feature-requests/filters/top

On the Dashboard, I've lost the ability to "un sign" a round to edit.   Hmm.

I can edit the round on my phone which un-signs the round, then go to the Dashboard to make my edits.

Then I can sign the round on the Dashboard.

I've contacted support Wednesday, waiting to hear back.

Also, anyone ever had the computer freeze up while editing a round?

33 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

Also, anyone ever had the computer freeze up while editing a round?

I've had the browser (not the whole computer) freeze up when editing maybe a half dozen times, while it's processing a change in tag/pin position or something like that. After giving it a half a minute or so to "think" its way through it, I close the browser, reopen the browser, and go back to where I was editing. Most often, the change "took" and I go on from there.  Hasn't been a real big or frequent problem (happened once this week).  

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Lihu said:

Exactly, it also gave me kudos for hitting within 15 feet of the pin from 187 yards today. So it put me as better than scratch in this approach category? The reality is I hit the front and it rolled 15 feet short of the center and still had like 50 feet left to the pin.

This is how the putting appeared on GG. . .

SG.thumb.png.1ca6b6075d75533e43c75569aee

You're doing it wrong. Move the hole location @Lihu.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...

My experience is when there is 2+ putts to finish a hole when the round is uploaded it assumes the last putt is close to the hole. When I have to move flags it's minimal unless it's an odd 80 foot one putt. There isn't much guesswork for where the hole was.

Dave :-)

A bit short on data as I've only got 10 rounds and 5 of them were 9 hole rounds, so 135 holes.  I don't believe the recommendation though.  I probably lost 2-3 strokes per 18 holes with short fat lob wedge shots for instance.  Yes, my putting could use some work but it doesn't make sense to me that the analysis is showing me that is were I can gain the most strokes.

Strokes vs. 10.JPG

Smart tips.JPG

• Administrator

One thing I'm noting here, too… When it says "Off the Tee" it's pointless to say things like "improve your tee shots on holes between 350-400 yards." Your tee shots are your tee shots, on par fours and fives. They should just be regarded as one thing. It doesn't make sense to break them down like you would for approach shots, or putts of various distances.

The only break down that makes sense is to say "with the driver" in case you tend to play a lot of 3W or hybrids on some holes, or something… but even then, I'd probably just leave it all as "tee shots."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Compared to a 5 HCP as my next target range. Of course this is very limited data to be definitive but the off tee and irons is fairly reflective of my game at the moment:

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/Expresso/insights/share/8cb58c9dfb

Vishal S.

Here is my data after about 28 rounds. There are a few missing because I either didn't charge my GG, or forgot it (this was when I first started using it, now it's part of my routine). However, I feel this is pretty spot on after doing an in-depth analysis of my year-end results.

After going through my tee shots, and key distances on approach shots, I realized that I am probably playing a little too conservatively off the tee. It turned out I am was more accurate with my driver than I believed (about 50% fairways), and my GIR % from the rough isn't all that bad. So next year I'm going to try using driver more, and seeing if my increased distance off the tee will result in any gains in scoring. There is about a 30 - 45 yard gap in distance between my driver and 3wood/hybrids, so I am leaving myself significantly farther from the hole when I use clubs less than driver off the tee.

Additionally, my scrambling just isn't as good as it should be, so I'm going to need to continue doing some work there.

I think this is a decent start for them using strokes gained, but certainly the results could be refined a bit more (which I am sure they will do). 

Screen Shot 2016-01-20 at 12.19.42 PM.png

Do you guys think that this purchase was worth it? I mean compared to some apps that keep score, GIR, putts?..Thinking about buying it. Also which package do you guys suggest?

Tools in the Ogio bag.
Driver      Callaway
 Razr Fit Xtreme 8.5* Extra Stiff

3 wood   Callaway X hot Stiff flex

Hybrid     Ping I20 3H 20* & 4H 23*
Irons       Ping  I20 5-PW

Wedges  Ping Tour Gorge 52 & 56 Callaway Mack daddy 60*

Putter     Scotty Cameron Monterey

Balls      Bridgestone B-330

Shoes          Skycaddie SGX

10 minutes ago, mazzamouth said:

Do you guys think that this purchase was worth it? I mean compared to some apps that keep score, GIR, putts?..Thinking about buying it. Also which package do you guys suggest?

You can use GG as an app on your phone as well. . .it's very convenient.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 2539 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!