IGNORED

Poor Treatment of Muslim Passengers

Abu3baid
Note: This thread is 3066 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

You're joking right?  Dude called Dearborn "Dearbornistan."  For crying out loud, you might as well cite Trumps comments as proof, it would have the same credibility.

Trump is (again) flat out lying because he knows people are dumb and will buy into it, or he's an idiot.

I only cited the blog because the Washington Post fact checked Trump's story with it.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Kenny Lee said:

Personally, I don't have much sympathy for Muslims.

I'm waiting for ANY Muslim to denounce the acts of terror that are being carried out worldwide, almost exclusively by Muslims.

Their silence speaks very loudly.

I denounce terror attacks that are carried out by MUSLIMS..

I am a Muslim.

p.s. I'm not waiting for any sympathy, just to be treated like a human being.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

20 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

I am a Muslim.

And you have a right to treated with resepct as do all people regardless of their religion. If they are law abiding respectful citizens it is only right that we all do the same.

I dont belive anyone should feel they need to say or prove they denounce the actions of a minority of extremists, for the majority of us sane people its a given that they do, but much respect to you for the above post. You shouldnt have to defend yourself or your religion here. 

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

3 hours ago, Kenny Lee said:

I'm waiting for ANY Musli to denounce the acts of terror that are being carried out worldwide, almost exclusively by Muslims.

That is a mind-numbingly ignorant post. Maybe you need to expand your fact gathering forays beyond Fox News and Gunther's Blog.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I'm waiting for ANY Muslim to denounce the acts of terror that are being carried out worldwide, almost exclusively by Muslims.

lolololololololol

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

11 hours ago, Gunther said:

What angers me about this is that these situations, while unpleasant, are insignificant when compared to the pain and suffering perpetrated by Muslim jihadists (not only ISIS).

WTF does that have to do with anything?

The FBI has thousands and thousands of investigations right now looking at white dudes.-Guess you and I should be treated like shit when we try to board a plane too huh?

What an ignorant stupid thing to say.-Not surprising given the source.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

8 hours ago, Kenny Lee said:

You need to get out more and do some actual research before you make claims.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/01/14/are-all-terrorists-muslims-it-s-not-even-close.html

http://www.globalresearch.ca/non-muslims-carried-out-more-than-90-of-all-terrorist-attacks-in-america/5333619

Here, I'll help:

http://www.start.umd.edu/gtd/

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

9 hours ago, Kenny Lee said:

One, you obviously don't care to look for what you're asking.  You just need rationalizations for your prejudice.  But, even so, what a ridiculous thing to "require" of a group of people.

Do you constantly take to public spaces to announce that as a man you feel betrayed and disgusted by the rampant misogyny and violence against women in our society?  Can't tell from your avatar if you're white, but if you are, do you constantly broadcast how the oppression and murder of minorities by white people makes you embarrassed to be a white man?  If you're American, do you constantly broadcast on international message boards about how you feel betrayed because your countrymen are constantly killing foreign civilians from the sky, and beg others to not judge all Americans because we're not all like that?

I didn't think so.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

2 hours ago, mdl said:

One, you obviously don't care to look for what you're asking.  You just need rationalizations for your prejudice.  But, even so, what a ridiculous thing to "require" of a group of people.

Do you constantly take to public spaces to announce that as a man you feel betrayed and disgusted by the rampant misogyny and violence against women in our society?  Can't tell from your avatar if you're white, but if you are, do you constantly broadcast how the oppression and murder of minorities by white people makes you embarrassed to be a white man?  If you're American, do you constantly broadcast on international message boards about how you feel betrayed because your countrymen are constantly killing foreign civilians from the sky, and beg others to not judge all Americans because we're not all like that?

I didn't think so.

I wish I could give you rep points for this. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

12 hours ago, Abu3baid said:

I am a Muslim.

I take your first statement here as fact, and applaud you for such.

As for the p.s. -

There are a multitude of Muslim women, and non Muslim workers (in both voluntary and involuntary servitude) who would ask the same from Islam.

Edited by CR McDivot

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

13 minutes ago, CR McDivot said:

There are a multitude of Muslim women, and non Muslim workers (in both voluntary and involuntary servitude) who would ask the same from Islam.

True that.   But that's not limited to Muslim.  It's a human disease practiced by all.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

1 hour ago, CR McDivot said:

1 hour ago, rkim291968 said:

True that.   But that's not limited to Muslim.  It's a human disease practiced by all.  

Exactly.  Is there any mot vile kind of servitude than being a sex slave?  

http://www.dreamcenter.org/our-outreaches/human-trafficking/the-facts/

Eyad

http://news.yahoo.com/woman-reports-dynamite-text-passenger-removed-plane-153827850.html

so, the lady heard them speaking in a language other than English, and she even saw a text that said "dynamite"..

long story short, plane returned, everyone is off boarded, 4 people detained and no dynamite text found and they are released.  No idea if they are Arab or not, they could be Spanish for all I know.. What I do know is that people can just say what ever they want, and basically delay hundreds of people because they hear or see things that are pure fantasy.

Eyad

37 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

http://news.yahoo.com/woman-reports-dynamite-text-passenger-removed-plane-153827850.html

so, the lady heard them speaking in a language other than English, and she even saw a text that said "dynamite"..

long story short, plane returned, everyone is off boarded, 4 people detained and no dynamite text found and they are released.  No idea if they are Arab or not, they could be Spanish for all I know.. What I do know is that people can just say what ever they want, and basically delay hundreds of people because they hear or see things that are pure fantasy.

Unfortunately, given the cowardly method the terrorists use to attack this is likely to be the norm going forward.  NY is expanding the see something, say something campaign and many politicians and LEO are telling people with concealed carries that if something like Paris happens here, shoot to kill. 

Joe Paradiso

17 hours ago, newtogolf said:

Unfortunately, given the cowardly method the terrorists use to attack this is likely to be the norm going forward.  NY is expanding the see something, say something campaign and many politicians and LEO are telling people with concealed carries that if something like Paris happens here, shoot to kill. 

Not just foreign terrorists, but add domestic terrorists to that. All these mass shootings that are happening every week should fall into the same category. They are planned attacks. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 11/22/2015, 11:52:09, Abu3baid said:

I understand the heightened sense of fear, but what I don't understand is the inability of people to act like rational adults.  This is exactly what the terrorists want, and we are giving them all they want on a gold plate.. 

I believe it is rational these days to be concerned with whom you are sharing an Airplane ride with.  It is unfortunate that this situation exists but as long as the Terrorists are killing what I perceive as innocent citizens I suspect this added attention will continue and it should.  

I would add that the situation might be mitigated some if any Muslim religious leaders or rulers of Muslim dominated countries would publicly speak out against the slaughter of innocents by Islamic radicals.  But as long as leaders of some countries are publicly stating "Death to Israel" and "Death to America" and while other leaders in the area remains silent, I think caution is rational.  

For the record here I mean no disrespect to any one or to their religion and I believe most Muslims are not going to harm anyone.  But as we have learned a few times now in our modern history, it doesn't take very large numbers to do a lot of harm. 

Butch

1 hour ago, ghalfaire said:

I believe it is rational these days to be concerned with whom you are sharing an Airplane ride with.  It is unfortunate that this situation exists but as long as domestic and foreign Terrorists are killing what I perceive as innocent citizens (people) I suspect this added attention will continue and it should.  

I would add that the situation might be mitigated some if any... religious leaders ... would publicly speak out against the slaughter of innocents..

There I fixed it for you. Notice that there is no mention of a specific religion or race, and now any person of any country could say the above and be true.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

21 hours ago, newtogolf said:

That doesn't make it any less unacceptable though.   And there is no need to qualify the type of attack, because by exclusion it infers that those who don't bother you (the previously mentioned non terrorists, now including the dude in Colorado) are somehow less cowardly.

And Colorado man further highlights how freaking absurd this entire conversation has become.  We're still talking about those "scary" Muslims but once again they have not hurt us.  A white dude of unknown religion has added to the toll.

People like the woman in the op are freaking cowardly bigots - plain and simple. 

Note: This thread is 3066 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!