IGNORED

Take it or leave it? Theoretical Hole in One query

Big C
Note: This thread is 3042 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You're playing by yourself, hit a crappy shot on a par 3. The ball goes in the hole for an ace. Do you...  

51 members have voted

1. 1. You're playing by yourself, hit a crappy shot on a par 3. The ball goes in the hole for an ace. Do you...

• Take It
    • Leave It

I don't know if it was because of this thread, but I had a dream I had a hole in one last night!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 11/23/2015, 10:55:39, Club Rat said:

A "1" on the score card has no details and other than not having anyone to attest the occurrence, it still is a great feeling. I've been in numerous groups playing and have seen great shots hole out. It's an instant rush of excitement like no other. Even watching an ace on TV brings that moment of excitement.

A One's a One, take it no matter how, they're few and far between.

Still, I've often heard there are no bad two's on a score card. :beer:

This^^

My second ace was a skulled 6 iron that kicked off a bank left of the green, hit the flagstick about 40 mph and dropped in.  I still count it.  While I did have witnesses (a married couple who I was paired with on the first tee), it was a casual round that didn't really mean anything aside from the ace.  I don't even remember the score from that round.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I don't know if it was because of this thread, but I had a dream I had a hole in one last night!

Was it a mishit? :-D

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

I take it ... the most disappointing is shanking your first shot into the lake ... teeing up and getting it in the hole from the 3 on tee ...thats the only time I have ever hit from the tee box and into the hole ... a good par.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Did you pure it? 

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

My one and only occurred on an executive 9 hole course. 5 par 3's and 4 par 4's.  This hole is 120 yds and I hit a low shot that screamed forward about waist high, at the direction of the green.  It hit the mound in front and that is the last we ( myself and my playing partner) saw of the ball.  It was early November and there was a ton of leaves down and the green was covered.  We searched and had no luck finding it. I was prepared to go back and re tee. We then took a look in the hole and voila, the ball was there!

It is my hole and one story,  It is fairly unsatisfying other than the very fact of the luck it must have used up in going from a screamer heading for the river and me buying a beer for my partner and the owner..  But I never saw the beauty of a ball going in.

19 hours ago, RandallT said:

Was it a mishit? :-D

18 hours ago, mvmac said:

Did you pure it? 

Nice high draw that missed the green but bounced off a side hill and rolled in. :-D

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

There are several twists you could add here.  I was playing a hole on a course rarely open to the public and it had been raining off and on during our round. I was playing with some friends when I hit a shot and the heavens opened up.  It absolutely poured.  We went to the green to mark our balls as the horn blew.  I had plugged about a foot from the hole and I mean plugged!  I have lived wondering what ifs had this been a normal day of golf.  I have never had a hole in one and so ... 

(Note - Course was open to us since one of my friends won a round for 4 in a charity auction.  Also, we never finished that round.  It never worked out for all of us to go back even though they offered another date when we finished.)

Edited by CoachB25

Darrell Butler

Coach (me) to player, "Hey, what percentage of putts left short never go in?"  Player, "Coach, 100% of putts left short never go in."  Coach (me), "Exactly."  Player, "Coach what percentage of putts that go long never go in."  LOL!

My playing partner got an ace this year, and it was the first one I have witnessed. Good swing. Good ball. Bee lined right to the hole and dropped. His first one at age 73. You gotta take it when it happens when you can cuz you might never get one.

I have one too, also on a good shot.  If I ever get a second one playing alone or on a ball that rebounds off a sprinkler head, I won't feel bad at all.

• Upvote 1

I have hit too many good shots that just missed going in. I certainly would take one that was mishit. They don't ask how, they are how many. In that case it is one. I have had three in my life and they all were hit on the nose and went right in with no weird bounce or ricochet off the pin. Many times I would see my ball go at the hole and then get to the green and see my ball mark just short of the hole and my ball behind the hole a half foot away or closer. Makes you wonder how it got by without going in. I hole in one is a good shot with a lot of very good luck. 

Note: This thread is 3042 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!