Sign in to follow this  
sirhacksalot

Slazenger raw distance golf balls at dick's

Note: This thread is 1546 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

17 posts / 1698 viewsLast Reply

Just bought (3) 24pk slazenger raw distance feel balls for $29.99 with dicks cyber Monday deal.

I tend to lose more balls this time of year with longer rough, leaves, etc. So I figured for this price it was worth a shot.

Edited by sirhacksalot
Speeling

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

46 minutes ago, SavvySwede said:

Slazenger balls are the worst. You'd have been better off with Top Flite XLs or anything round and approximately the size of a golf ball.

The reviews were good for the feels.  Hope for the best but if not I'll just use them for practice or hit away, or maybe be able to return the other 48 to the store

Edited by sirhacksalot

2 hours ago, SavvySwede said:

Slazenger balls are the worst. You'd have been better off with Top Flite XLs or anything round and approximately the size of a golf ball.

I agree. If you literally just need a golf ball, I guess. Otherwise, it's basically playing with driving range balls. 

$29.99. When I used to buy those things it was $25. 

Slazies are pretty crappy. I bought em for the same reason you did. I've decided that I'm happier with recycled Calaways or Titleists if I'm going cheap.

If you're prone to losing them, the price you paid is really good. Even the used prov1 are $1 a ball, and I don't usually lose them. Even though I don't pick up balls on the course any more, I still somehow end up with more balls coming home with me. Last few times, people hiking along side the course threw some towards me. Guessing they're from people who regularly lose them outside the course. I have two with the same custom markings and on the same hole.

I have a couple Slazenger's and didn't really feel like they were all that bad, but the are definitely not as good as many others in my shag bag.

72 balls for $30 is pretty tough to beat even if they're like range balls.

2 hours ago, Lihu said:

If you're prone to losing them, the price you paid is really good. Even the used prov1 are $1 a ball, and I don't usually lose them. Even though I don't pick up balls on the course any more, I still somehow end up with more balls coming home with me. Last few times, people hiking along side the course threw some towards me. Guessing they're from people who regularly lose them outside the course. I have two with the same custom markings and on the same hole.

I have a couple Slazenger's and didn't really feel like they were all that bad, but the are definitely not as good as many others in my shag bag.

72 balls for $30 is pretty tough to beat even if they're like range balls.

Some days are worse than others.  I tend to lose quite a few if I am using the course for practice.  i. e. Dropping a few at 200 or 150 on holes that have greens protected by water or rough.  Or days that i decide that I am going to hit my driver no matter what even on tight holes. Like you though even on those days if I decide to half way look for my ball I tend to find others, except this time of year when i can lose balls in long rough alone.

I am still optimistic about them, and if not like i said i can always return 48 and use the others for hitting in the net, etc.

4 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

$29.99. When I used to buy those things it was $25. 

Slazies are pretty crappy. I bought em for the same reason you did. I've decided that I'm happier with recycled Calaways or Titleists if I'm going cheap.

Regular price is 29.99 ea if you buy (3) you got all (3) for 29.99 so basically buy one get 2 free.

9 minutes ago, sirhacksalot said:

Regular price is 29.99 ea if you buy (3) you got all (3) for 29.99 so basically buy one get 2 free.

Yeah that's what I meant. Three boxes (36 balls) for $25. I got one at the start of this past year.

Later on, I got a 24-pack of fairly decent, recycled Calaways. I think it was $12 at K-Mart. In any case, i like those better.even if they are slightly irregular. By that I mean, logos on the sides of them and other people's mark on them. The covers were all in good shape.

Evrerytime I see a Slazenger ball, I think of "Odd Job" crushing one in his hand. 

I've use them a time or two. Nothing special about them. However for the price the OP paid, it was a bargain. 

20 hours ago, Patch said:

I've use them a time or two. Nothing special about them. However for the price the OP paid, it was a bargain. 

That was my point of the post.  Not expecting them to be the best balls, something around the duo or zips that I have played from WIlson. But 72 balls for $30 seemed like a deal worth sharing. and apparently its going on all week.

9 minutes ago, sirhacksalot said:

But 72 balls for $30 seemed like a deal worth sharing. and apparently its going on all week.

Aw heck. Now I feel stupid. My reading comprehension gets an F. 

What I was remembering was three boxes of 12 for $25. Hell. at that rate I'd probably buy them.

Got a set of these at our Church Christmas party (Dirty Santa)  went out the next day and shot 88 which was my best round to date.  While I wouldn't have bought these I can't say they were that bad for a beginner golfer like me.

I used them my first year. They sucked. I was in the woods so much, or in the water, it didn't matter. If they landed near a Titleist or anything else that someone else had lost, I'd play the hole out with that ball and leave the Slazinger in the woods.

Edited by DrvFrShow

Slazenger had a mid-spin ball (can't remember name) that I played for two seasons and liked well enough.

They did away with that model, so I tried a dozen of the Slazenger distance balls. They just didn't work on partial shots around the green. I played 54 holes with them and only had two up-and-downs the whole time.

Then I switched over to TopFlite Gamers, and had three up-and-downs in the first nine holes. 

Note: This thread is 1546 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!