IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (December 2015)

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

23 hours ago, Lihu said:

More of the same. The less resistance is making the swing much more efficient. I think I have some idea why my good shots were much better. It's nice being able to get at least that little bit. Made a few small adjustments. I am hoping that I am converging on my swing to whatever degree I can. . .

More of the same using a mirror to verify the different positions. I wish I could record and hit "playback" to get exactly what I did on my longest drives yesterday. I'd also like to replay all the horrible 60-100 yard approaches and hit closer to the pin or at least the green every time. :-P

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 to 10 minutes mirror work before my workout. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

11 hours ago, Lihu said:

More of the same using a mirror to verify the different positions. I wish I could record and hit "playback" to get exactly what I did on my longest drives yesterday. I'd also like to replay all the horrible 60-100 yard approaches and hit closer to the pin or at least the green every time. :-P

Simulated two rounds and shot 15 over (yuck) the first time and 5 over the second. I'm pretty sure that I'm the only golfer who would give himself a +15 on the driving range.

Here's the game:

Spoiler

Drives must end up between two flags about 50 yards apart and carry the 230 yard target or I need to club up from the 160 yard target flag. On approaches, I need to hit a green or put a ball in the chipping area. Duffs lose two strokes to the chipping pile if miss with the obligatory PW onto a green 125 yards away. Chips must land within 3 yards of the flag and stay on the green from 45 yards away. Putts are using the standard putting distances. Lag and second putt if outside of 2 feet. 3 putts count towards the overall total remaining after chipping. A one putt from those distances takes away a "stroke". Play two sets of 9 "holes" with five par 4, two par 5 and two par 3 at a time then chip and putt after the long shots are played. Par 3 scoring is pretty much hit green from 195 yards and 180 yards or add a ball to the chipping pile. Par 5 require driver then 3W off the deck and 3W must also land between the 60 yard targets and go at least 210 yards. Closer to the "target ring" in the middle of the driving range count towards reducing a club from the 160 yard target.

The course feels so much more relaxing and easier after playing a dozen or so of these practice simulated rounds.

My average is between +9 and +12, surprisingly close to my scores on my 6000 yard home course when I don't hit lots of trees, that is. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

On 12/7/2015 at 10:08 PM, RFKFREAK said:

Did some slow swings at home today trying not to stand upright on the follow through by having some axis tilt.

Practiced this again tonight and also practiced trying to stop myself from prematurely extending my trail knee on the backswing. 

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Mirror work at the gym. Worked on A6 to 8 pivot. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Practiced my rotations, and keeping my head still until after impact for about 15 minutes before my "lunch round".

First non-practice round in 3 weeks (also first one reported in months here on this site) on the longer 6800 yard course (played about 6600 yards today and some tee setups were short). No trees, and I loved it! Shot pretty good (80 [1B,10P,5Bo,2DBo], FW11, G7, 31P). Not really proud of the second shot with my hybrid on 15 as I lifted my head and the ball thinned all the way to the green ending 8 feet from the cup. I would have preferred to see a better shot and missed the green. :-PMissed the 8 foot eagle putt, but prior to taking the shot asked my playing partner to witness it, and missed for a tap in birdie. :-P I really enjoyed the round and the company of the few people that I met and passed up. They let me move on, and I skipped one hole and went back to play it last on a virtually empty course. Driving was probably my strongest asset today, because I thinned almost all my other clubs and duff/sliced a 3W 80 yards to the left and 10-15 yards short of the green. Good thing I duffed it, because I so totally misjudged the distance. 3H would have been better, but I'd never been that close for my second shot on the 11th before.

Not the best golfer out there, but really enjoying the round due to my practice sessions yesterday evening. . .The practice I did last night was a bit harder than what I played on the course.  I am going to simulate 2 rounds a day using the same criteria. It's fun and I don't feel like I'm just knocking a few balls around. One large bucket plus 20 balls is the perfect amount with 20 balls to warm up. I usually have quite a few left from a large and small bucket.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Slow swings this morning before going to work focusing on standing upright on the follow through by having some axis tilt.  I don't feel like I'm in control at the end of the swing and don't feel as though I have enough weight forward.  I won't be able to film until this weekend, though.

Christian

Rotation drills first thing in the morning.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

More rotation drills. Turn those shoulders! Chip more with hinged wrists to dial in the new and improved distances!

So, I played a practice round of 21 holes today +14 (8P,10Bo, 2DBo,F10, G11, P38) repeated 7 holes and didn't play all the holes. Drives were once again pretty decent, which made it only slightly less embarrassing to play with other people. Only hooked one drive and sliced another but was able to save the GIR (52% today) in both cases. Doubles happened close to the holes.:pound: One bogey was a "birdie/bogey". I lost my drive in a field of range balls then teed off again then birdied the hole for a 5. :-P

Planning on going tonight to hit some balls and do "practice rounds", then focus on actual short game shots. I tried that hinging wrist consciously as discussed in some other threads and gained about 50% more distance with all my flop shots and chips. :angry:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Mirror work at the gym. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

On 12/9/2015 at 11:51 PM, RFKFREAK said:

Slow swings this morning before going to work focusing on standing upright on the follow through by having some axis tilt.  I don't feel like I'm in control at the end of the swing and don't feel as though I have enough weight forward.  I won't be able to film until this weekend, though.

I think i"m going to stick with this practice for a while.  This morning, before going to work, did my 5 minutes practicing this. 

Christian

Had a lesson with my instructor today. He just got a Sam puttlab and I got to play around with that. Learned alot about my stroke today. I was actually surprised that my stroke wasnt too bad. I was lining up a little left but other than that it was a productive day.

Was at home for lunch today and did my 5 minutes and felt as though a light bulb went on as far as the follow through.  It was a video @mvmac and @iacas did where you have your belt buckle (they called it showing your back signal) pointing in the air.

Christian

More rotation drills. 2 simulated rounds on the range.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 3031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!