IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (December 2015)

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3037 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

42 minutes ago, collapse said:

Worked on the Hogan-like waggle seeing if I could get it to reconcile with the angle of the arms and hands hanging naturally....specifically the lead hand.....and then get that to reconcile with  the right hand position on the cover of his book ....went well...will check it tomorrow.

What was the angle? You radians to 64 bit precision is fine.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Range "practice". Hit lots of horrific shots. I was so cold I couldn't really keep my tempo slow enough. The resulting swings were made as expected. Yuck. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Back to full swing today, working on the follow through.  I added the piece of trying to maintain spine tilt so as to not move my head as much as I used to on the follow through.  All the swings, though, are going very slow and stopping at certain points, particularly at A6, A7, A8.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Played nine yesterday on a nearly empty course. I was behind a twosome and no one was behind me. This let me spend some time on each hole trying different things like pitching, chipping and bunker shots and different approach shot work.

It was cold, ~ 42F, but fun. The whole nine still only took 1.5 hours.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

21 hours ago, Lihu said:

Range "practice". Hit lots of horrific shots. I was so cold I couldn't really keep my tempo slow enough. The resulting swings were made as expected. Yuck. . .

Better today, but it was still around 48F in the range. When it got too dark to get decent perspective, my swing fell apart in the form of slightly fat and thin shots when overcompensating for fat shots. . .so I concluded I am still depending too much on hand-eye coordination.

More work on the other drills. Looking at the 5SK drills again as well.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

More slow full swings focusing on from A7 forward.  I'm headed to my gf's place for Christmas so I'm bringing my net and mat and going to try and take some video to see if I've see any improvement of which, I hope to see at least some.

Christian

14 hours ago, Lihu said:

Better today, but it was still around 48F in the range. When it got too dark to get decent perspective, my swing fell apart in the form of slightly fat and thin shots when overcompensating for fat shots. . .so I concluded I am still depending too much on hand-eye coordination.

More work on the other drills. Looking at the 5SK drills again as well.

Still working to figure out my low point. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Mirror work at the gym before my workout. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Played a few practice holes. Driving was okay but in the wrong direction and there were many other shots where "I knew better" than to do what I did. :doh:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

5 minutes today, full swing, working on the same piece of maintaining a tilt from A7-A9 and having my belt bucket look up to the sky on the follow through.  Still working on it at a very slow place, though, so as to try and ingrain it (and also because I have stuff like a tree and Christmas presents all over the living room, haha)

Christian

On 12/18/2015 at 7:55 AM, Lihu said:

Still working to figure out my low point. . .

Well, I certainly found my low point. I'm hitting like crap. Pushed shots, pulled shots, fade, draw. At least I didn't slice or pull hook. . .cross fingers. :unsure:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Before going out and watching my Jets win a tight game they should have won in a walk I did more slow swing practice with a concentration from A7-A9

Christian

18 hours ago, Lihu said:

Well, I certainly found my low point. I'm hitting like crap. Pushed shots, pulled shots, fade, draw. At least I didn't slice or pull hook. . .cross fingers. :unsure:

Figured out the low point, with the help of two older pro players in stalls next to mine. Cool, huh? Hit a whole bucket before they offered their help, but I got another bucket and hit those much better. They showed me different techniques to find the low point and to prevent bad things from happening in the take away.

Finally hitting the irons okay. I'm getting them lengthened back to the original stock lengths when getting new grips to finalize the distances.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 3037 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!