IGNORED

What Are Your 2016 Golf Goals? Official Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 2682 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. Play more golf. Have been limited the past few years with work and family stuff and a shoulder injury. 

2. Play at least once a week with my 14 year old son. He's dabbled with golf since he was little, but over the past year and a half has become an avid golfer. Love getting out after dinner for a quick nine with him when we have the course to ourselves. 

3. Get more consistent off the tee. Has been hurting my game. Along these lines, I am really considering going to Modern Golf in Vancouver and do a proper hour and a half driver fitting. 

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

1. Get handicap 2.5 or lower

2. Enter some tournaments.

3. Improve fitness/gain 5mph swing speed during the off season.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have revised my goal. Now, I will endeavor to constantly improve in golf without trying to SEEK PERFECTION! A Broadway play was done about those who do seek that. HE was called The Man from La Mancha---and his quest was "THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM"!!

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

1.  Fix my driving.  I was fit for a new driver in November 2014 to help hit a fade versus my hook miss with my previous driver.  Instead I missed both ways which caused my handicap to rise by 2 points.  I am back within a half shot of last year's finish.  Likely a plane issue but driver did not help.

2.  Play some individual tournaments.   With my driving off I did not feel confident to play individual events but had a blast playing in a handful of team events in late summer and early fall.  I have never won an individual tournament and would love to pursue that goal.

3.  Consider changing irons.  I have been using the same irons since 2009 and the grooves on the shorter irons are starting to wear.

4. Expand my playing network  I tend to play with the same group but learn more when  I p,ay with different people.  This might happen because of tournament play, but hopefully will include asking others to join me.

1. Learn to have a proper impact and follow through. Still can't get Key 3 properly now. I believe once I can do it everything will open up for me.

2. Get my hc to under 12. 

3. Add more rolls and more consistent with my driving. Carry at least 250 yards and roll 10 or 20 more is the goal.

To get healthy and get back out there again.

• Upvote 1

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

1 hour ago, cipher said:

To get healthy and get back out there again.

Wishing you the best to obtain that goal!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• iacas featured and pinned this topic
On December 12, 2015 at 6:33 AM, 9wood said:

My golf goal for 2016 is to work out in the winter months and get into better shape physically before the 2016 golf season starts up in these Northern parts of the country. I'm hoping that if I work out and get into better shape, that I might be able to get more distance on my drives in order that I might have a better chance to get up and down in 2 on the par fours and up and down in 3 on the par fives more often. It's not easy, especially since I'm 67 years old. I noticed on the two rounds that I played this week that my second shots usually put me just a wee bit short of the greens on most par fours, and my third shot on those par fives left me a wee bit short of the greens on those par fives.

My thinking as well. I'm 62, been playing 4 years. Second half of the year regularly found my self 10 or  20 yards short of regulation. Bogey golf has been my goal.

Been stretching and swinging in the basement this winter, Trying 100 swings 2 or 3 times a week. Picked up a used cobra 16 degree 3 wood that is showing promise at the indoor range the past couple of weeks. All clubs are a little straighter, a little longer and mis hits are coming way down.

Getting a little excited for green grass

• Upvote 1

On December 12, 2015 at 6:33 AM, 9wood said:

My golf goal for 2016 is to work out in the winter months and get into better shape physically before the 2016 golf season starts up in these Northern parts of the country. I'm hoping that if I work out and get into better shape, that I might be able to get more distance on my drives in order that I might have a better chance to get up and down in 2 on the par fours and up and down in 3 on the par fives more often. It's not easy, especially since I'm 67 years old. I noticed on the two rounds that I played this week that my second shots usually put me just a wee bit short of the greens on most par fours, and my third shot on those par fives left me a wee bit short of the greens on those par fives.

My thinking as well. I'm 62, been playing 4 years. Second half of the year regularly found my self 10 or  20 yards short of regulation. Bogey golf has been my goal.

Been stretching and swinging in the basement this winter, Trying 100 swings 2 or 3 times a week. Picked up a used cobra 16 degree 3 wood that is showing promise at the indoor range the past couple of weeks. All clubs are a little straighter, a little longer and mis hits are coming way down.

Getting a little excited for green grass

Got my hcp down from 16 to 11 in 2015, a 30% reduction. Trying for another 30% in 2016, down to an 8. Made the equipment and swing changes I wanted, now it's about the consistency.

Marshall

1. Get my carry distance with the driver up to 220 yds average.

2. Own the back swing changes I'm working on, so that I can perform them consistently on the course. (IE. more often than not)

3. Improve my chipping, to be able to get within 10 ft of the flag 75% of the time.

If I accomplish 1, 2  & 3 above, then my HC index will drop to below 10, which is the outcome I'm looking for.

Edited by chris3putt

Chris.:roll:

I'm hoping 2016 will be a great year for me. I'm 28, the wife and I are planning to start trying to have a kid soon so this may be my last year where I can really focus on my game (and enjoy it at the same time of course).

To make things simple for myself, my current goal is to join a local club (which I'll be joining starting feb 1), establish a true handicap, hold a handicap below 12 by the end of the year, and have at least one round where I break 80 (or 40); doesn't have to be a full 18 for me to be happy with that one, a 40 is obviously more likely.

This past year I've taken many lessons, focused hard, gotten a bunch of new (some used) equipment, many regular sessions at the range, and finally got fitted and everything is looking strong for my game. I want to continue my current trajectory.

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

1. Stick with the bag I have now. Tried a bunch of different clubs in 2015 and ended up going back to what I had in 2013.

2. Keep the consistent swing I had to end the year and get my cap back to 12 and sustain it or go lower.

3. 2015 was a great year, met a group of 7 retired guys I played with, I'm a 2nd shifter.  This year we all joined new clubs, so, I'd say continue enjoying the wonderful game, the beautiful settings, and the quality individuals I meet, each and every time I play.

Last year I was able to work more than usual on my game.    I was able to go from 11.x to 8.x by the end of the year.  

For 2016 I would like to:

1- get more comfortable shooting lower scores and not push as much to finish strong. It can result in choking

2- try to play more rounds with other people.  I frequently play at odd times and playing with other people helps to set a nice pace

3-. I've been working on getting my swing stable for hitting generally straight shots and correct mistakes.   For 2016 I'd like to spend time re-enforcing that and learn different shots (draw, fade, low, high) as well as try to come up with more shots from 100 yards in. 

4-. Move from a 8.x to. 6.x

—Adam

My goals are to kill the tension in my swing and play more agressive. Bought a 249 dollar Callaway xr driver so no more teeing off with a hybrid every hole. As far as swing tension goes, thats still up for debate.

Note: This thread is 2682 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!