IGNORED

What Are Your 2016 Golf Goals? Official Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 2682 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My goals are two fold this year and very simple

1. Play More Golf!!! (I only played once last year, lots of other things went on)

2. Get new clubs, this one I am excited and scared about. Excited because I'll have better clubs, scared of the price, got a lot of things to buy (wedding gift for my best friend, car, fix my bike, start on my cabin, and golf clubs!) Though I'm fairly confident I'll get one that doesn't break the bank, yet works well!

• Upvote 1

-Josh 

"Why set yourself up for Failure, when you can set yourself up to succeed" -GolfMaineiac26

On 16 April 2016 at 8:25 PM, DrvFrShow said:

I don't know if I'll be on the course at all this summer. It depends upon how long this back injury takes to heal. 

Been kind of away for a while, sorry to hear this :(

My goals are all about competition at my local club level this year. First year of club competition so I could well 'bomb' big time, we'll see.

1. Win at least 25% of club competitions (ie shoot the lowest score disregarding handicap. We have a handicapped and scratch winner for each comp, only really interested in the scratch scores).

3. Win Club Anual Eclectic (lowest score on each hole taken over the summer to give a ecletic score for the year ie birdie every hole in one competition or another over the summer and you're 18 under par).

4. Semi-final in club scratch Matchplay Cup although I'd like to win it.

5. Top 3 in Club Scratch Strokeplay Championship although I'd like to win it to become Club Champion.

Hit these goals and I'll be on track to step it up a level next year.

Pete Iveson

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have two, to make my high school team and to consistently shoot 40 or under. I got one of 'em down, I made the team (barely tho, my tryout was awful...only got in because the other kids were worse). I've been going thru a lot of swing changes in the last few months, starting to work but just need some consistency with it. Shot a 38 the other day, so hopefully that trend keeps rolling for me. Mostly just getting consistent is my goal, consistently good, consistent scores, etc.

I haven't played enough to justify keeping a handicap since 2011. I want to re-establish one this year: just five rounds with serious intentions.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

1) No hole more than bogey, thus avoiding blow up holes. Two or three of these destroyed my card yesterday from being a high single digit / low double digit to about 18 over.

2) Swing the same every time. I am either hitting straight or fade/slicing it. I wind up aiming left and occasionally get myself into trouble assuming I will fade it and then don't. If I play centre fairway I inevitably fade it to the right fairway edge of off the fairway.

3) Get my distances on all clubs dialled down properly so I know the carry distance to select clubs appropriately.

4) Work on how to regulate distance inside a 100 yards so that I can consistently get close on approach shots.

5) Finally, win some tournaments that I have not won in a while

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Hello,

I have a two year goal, which is to qualify for my provincial armature. I am sitting at a 12.5 index and my goal for this season is to get down and maintain 7 or better. I am taking lessons and plan to practice 3 times a week and play twice. On top of that I have a swing trainer coming that I can use inside while watching tv etc. 

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Josh Alveraz said:

For 2016 I want to perfect my swing.

I can safely say that's an unattainable goal.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I had high hopes. 

First, I didn't want to buy new clubs and/or gear for the year 2016. Well, that's the dumbest thing I said to myself. Golf is a sport and every new season, they manufactures bring out new goodies which make you hit the ball further, straighter, drive the par 5 in 2 with ease. I kept myself in hand, but I did buy a Odessy tank 7 putter. 

I have to say, it was the best investment yet. In 2015 I 'invested' in an Aimpoint clinic, and that helped my putting tremendous. But his new putter, with a superstroke grip, 38 inch shaft somehow gives me tons of confidence, every time I put. Somehow, distance control comes natural. When I practise on the putting green, and play a game (I drop three balls at a certain distance which I have to put all three in 2, then I can go to the next hole, a miss is starting all over), it's 2 put max. 

Full of confidence to start 2016. But the weather since January is really crap, with loads of rain. Actually, today is the first bright and sunny day! But 2 months ago, I torn a tendon under my biceps at a sparring session (kickboxing). Goodby season. Rest, rest, rest, to get rid of the imflamation. Acupunctuur and chiropractic helped. Now I am starting to pick up the game. Last year, this was the moment I started to get the form, the feeling and halfway May, I would slowly but surely pick up the points to lower my hcp. Not this  year, I guess, but will see. A low hcp isn't a goal by itself, it comes woth better play. 

Ah well, so, for 2016, I might get some new shafts in my i3/4, but that's about it. Furthermore, I am gonne play a few nice courses, one in Belgium. I hope to enjoy the rounds, work on my course management, pay my respect to the courses I play and hope to score on them. Try to relax and enjoy. And by the end of the year (probably October) we will see how I did. 

Haven't played in 10 years...sooooo 

#1 goal is to play 10 rounds.

#2 goal is break 90 at least once; which would be 10 shots lower than my norm.

#3  Register for my GHIN

Feels good to be back on this page again!!!  Didn't forget about it, but found my Lowest Score Wins book the other day, started re-reading it and it reminded me how much I loved visiting this page...so here I am!

I have a few goals for this year after seeing a PGA Professional last year and taking some lessons and making some pretty big swing changes things are looking up for this year after an abysmal season last year.

1. Keep doing what I am doing with my swing changes we have made, love playing a nice controlled (most of the time) draw.

2. Get better at shaping shots left/right and high/low

3. Play consecutive rounds at or under par whether it be 9 holes or 18 holes I would like to string together some under par rounds.

4. Get more competitive when it comes to tournaments.  Seems I play really well when I am with my buddies, but when I enter a tournament and start playing it seems my game falls apart.

5. Win a couple tournaments this year!

6. Play more tournaments on the Gateway Tour (our local pro tour) as an amateur to gain some confidence when playing in tournaments.

Hopefully everyone that has posted here reaches their goals!!  I want to say GOOD LUCK to everyone!!!  Now lets drop some eagles/birdies/pars, and leave the bogeys behind!!!!!!!

On 4/28/2016 at 6:47 PM, Jim Bloodworth said:

My goal is to get more consistent with my Irons. My irons are holding me back from playing good rounds.

Me too, Jim.

I would really like to break 100 for the first time.  I was pretty close at the end of last year, but I lost my driver midway through the year and spent the second half of the year scrambling far too often.  To break 100, I really need to focus on my game from ~100 yards and putting.

Nike: Covert 2.0 Irons (R), Covert 2.0 3h (R), X3X 56* & 60* wedges, Method putter

Cobra: Bio Cell 4/5h (R), Bio CellDriver (S)

GolfPad GPS Dashboard

My handicap doesn't show it yet, but I'm definitely making progress towards my goal. I've been able to start maintaining more stretches of good holes. Even with a triple on 11 I was still able to finish the back in 6 over today. Front nine was a bit of an up and down affair, partially due to some bad luck and partially because I allowed myself to get angry for a couple holes. Either way, I was able to pull things together and I'm pretty dang happy about that.

Edited by Jeremie Boop
  • Upvote 1

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Note: This thread is 2682 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!