IGNORED

What Did We Do to Deserve This Good Weather?

Grumpter
Note: This thread is 2931 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'll be out playing tomorrow. :)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Everyone deserves this.... happy golfing everyone..... golfing in December, life is good.....

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Played this past Sat and Sun, had to take off my microfiber unmdershirt both days, and still ended up a little sweaty both days. I know global warming is not good overall (primarily for us homo sapiens - life will survive, but we are one of the many species that may not), but I can't help but feel a little enjoyment at the warm winters....

dak4n6

Cold and windy after a rain in So. Cal. You guys are lucky, the weather is backwards. . .

It rained last night and it was cold and windy on the course today 52F at 2:00pm. 15mph winds with gusts up to 30-40. I drove on one hole and the ball hung in the air long enough that I was getting tired holding my finish. . .:-D

Hope your good weather holds out for you folks up north. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

39 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Cold and windy after a rain in So. Cal. You guys are lucky, the weather is backwards. . .

It rained last night and it was cold and windy on the course today 52F at 2:00pm. 15mph winds with gusts up to 30-40. I drove on one hole and the ball hung in the air long enough that I was getting tired holding my finish. . .:-D

I believe a strong El Nino means cold and wet for Cali and warm and dry for the NE. You guys need lots of wet, like 5 straight soaking winters just to get back to normal. Although, I heard that the El Nino is projected to fall apart in Jan and we will be in snow and the West will start drying up again....

dak4n6

10 hours ago, thug the bunny said:

I believe a strong El Nino means cold and wet for Cali and warm and dry for the NE. You guys need lots of wet, like 5 straight soaking winters just to get back to normal. Although, I heard that the El Nino is projected to fall apart in Jan and we will be in snow and the West will start drying up again....

Hopefully, it will continue through March and for a few years.

• Upvote 1

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Hope the weather stays good for a long time for you guys!

There's a cold front heading our way this Friday in Florida, so I imagine it will affect the whole eastern US.  I'm thinking only a couple of good days left for you guys till that hits.  Plan accordingly!

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

2 minutes ago, vangator said:

Hope the weather stays good for a long time for you guys!

There's a cold front heading our way this Friday in Florida, so I imagine it will affect the whole eastern US.  I'm thinking only a couple of good days left for you guys till that hits.  Plan accordingly!

Yeah, looks like this weekend is out due to cold and wind but tomorrow might be acceptable in my book. 54 and mostly sunny with only 5mph winds. The extended forecast still has plenty days of 58+ degree weather but starting next week it looks like the rain is coming. Right now it has 8 straight days of rain but I don't trust anything beyond a few days out on the forecast. Hopefully they are right about the temperature and wrong about the rain.

Sun didn't shine Sunday but it was certainly warm enough to play.  Wife and I played 9 rather than sitting home watching the Browns stink up the stadium.  But, hey they DID win a game.  Miracles happen.

The local course we played was packed!  Pulled into parking lot and drove around a bit to even find a parking spot.  We were hoping everyone was already off and playing.  That was certainly the case but crowded and slow.  Didn't matter.  A round of golf, even 9-holes on December 13 was a real treat.

Wife hit some really nice approach shots and actually made 2 pars.  Good for her.  My swing wasn't great, but did hit a few bombs off the tee.  Nearly reached a par-5 in two, hit a nice trouble shot from right of green setting up a makeable birdie that of course, I missed!  Had 4 pars, 3 bogies and a couple of self-inflicted doubles.  Greens were aerated, sanded but putted WAY faster than you'd expect.  Both doubles were 3-putts after blasting first putts 10-15 past the hole.

Overall, course was in great shape due to an overly warm November and incredible December weather so far.  The other shoe's about to drop though.  This is NE Ohio and it IS December!

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

I did most of the golfing in my misbegotten youth in northwest PA.  You're in the opposite corner of the state.  I believe the weather is generally better down there.  Northwest PA and western NY are in the tundra.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

4 hours ago, vangator said:

I did most of the golfing in my misbegotten youth in northwest PA.  You're in the opposite corner of the state.  I believe the weather is generally better down there.  Northwest PA and western NY are in the tundra.

Yeah, I dated a girl who moved to a college in Northwest PA on top of a mountain. I swear it snowed 9 months out of the year (a bit of an exaggeration) but our relationship, after she moved, didn't last that long.

2 hours ago, Grumpter said:

Yeah, I dated a girl who moved to a college in Northwest PA on top of a mountain. I swear it snowed 9 months out of the year (a bit of an exaggeration) but our relationship, after she moved, didn't last that long.

I knew a couple of girls that went to Edinboro and Slippery Rock.  What school did your girl go to?

20 hours ago, Lihu said:

Ha ha... Let's keep it in perspective.  That's only one day out of how many?  Played both days last weekend and the weather was fabulous. 

Certainly at least 80% of the days in the last 4 weeks or so have been good for golf in Southern Calif.  I'm looking at the forecast for the next 10 days and only 5 of them have a chance of rain with chances of 10% 20% 40% 30% 20%. With the temps getting into the 60s I might even play on a rainy day or two and there are plenty of non-rainy days for me to choose from.  I'm not going to complain about that.

I'm not too far away from what some of the people are talking about here.  I live near Pittsburgh and this has been a God-send.  I happen to be playing well right now which helps.  I think my wife wishes I was playing terrible to not go as much this December.   

I'm playing Sunday and probably the day after Christmas.   At this rate I'll never get the chance to get my irons re-shafted.  That takes a week to week and a half thru my pro shop.  When will it end?   Never I hope!

—Adam

1 hour ago, No Mulligans said:

Ha ha... Let's keep it in perspective.  That's only one day out of how many?  Played both days last weekend and the weather was fabulous. 

Certainly at least 80% of the days in the last 4 weeks or so have been good for golf in Southern Calif.  I'm looking at the forecast for the next 10 days and only 5 of them have a chance of rain with chances of 10% 20% 40% 30% 20%. With the temps getting into the 60s I might even play on a rainy day or two and there are plenty of non-rainy days for me to choose from.  I'm not going to complain about that.

Shhh, I'm just trying to make the northern golfers feel a bit better. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I played last Saturday with my brother. Temperature got up to 68*F....

Big problem: I forgot to apply sunblock and got a bit of burn on my forearms. But, golf is a tough sport...

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Here in Mississippi able to play often in winter.   End of December is a slow time for my work and was looking forward to playing several times.  Temp in upper 60's. Only issue rain everyday for the next week

big time bummed out

This winter is not looking good here in CO. Usually we can play during the winter no problem. But this December has been a bummer for golf. I hope January is better. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Note: This thread is 2931 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!