IGNORED

The Force Awakens: Spoiler Thread

jbishop15
Note: This thread is 2679 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That's just my pet snake Reggie! I hate snakes. I hate em Jacque! Aw get a backbone, will ya? That's just my pet snake Reggie! I hate snakes. I hate em Jacque! Aw get a backbone, will ya? That's just my pet snake Reggie! I hate snakes. I hate em Jacque! Aw get a backbone, will ya? That's just my pet snake Reggie! I hate snakes. I hate em Jacque! Aw get a backbone, will ya? That's just my pet snake Reggie! I hate snakes. I hate em Jacque! Aw get a backbone, will ya? That's just my pet snake Reggie! I hate snakes. I hate em Jacque! Aw get a backbone, will ya? That's just my pet snake Reggie! I hate snakes. I hate em Jacque! Aw get a backbone, will ya? 

Now this is something more original that I would have preferred to see in the movie, source is redditor.

The "leak" detailed a plot without without a neo-emperor Snoke where Kylo Ren was just the leader of the cult-like Knights of Ren. Together they were on a holy crusade to cleanse the galaxy and purge the last Jedi. Much like the actual crusades they were hunting Jedi and Sith artifacts. If played correctly it could have been a poignant parallel to ISIS et al in the modern day. Kylo wasn't related to anyone as far as I could tell.

Rey was the daughter of Han and Leia. Some years ago, as Luke had a premonition of dark days to come, he had gone to find the Jedi temple ruins and deepen his power. He told only Han and Leia where he was going (you know .. as the best friends of the OT likely would have if we're keeping those characters intact) and they had sworn an oath of secrecy and only to come and get him if things got dire. Rey, however, wanted to be trained by Luke, and when her parents won't tell her where he is, she runs away from home to Luke's home planet of Tatooine to find clues. She ends up staying with Von Sydow's character living in the wreckage of an AT-AT.

Suddenly she's attacked by members of the Knights and just in the nick of time who shows up but Daddy and Chewie in the Falcon to save the day. They escape and Han tells his daughter that the time has come to get Luke.

Meanwhile back at the New Republic, the senate has completed construction on a super weapon (star killer) to use as a defensive measure in case the Empire ever resurfaces. Leia leads the opposition who says they should not create super weapons in the first place (another interesting parallel to actual world affairs).

Still meanwhile Kylo has traveled to the outer rim to recruit the last remnants of the Empire who are in hiding. With their combined forces, they'll storm and commandeer the super weapon like space pirates and rule the galaxy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/3zglnb/star_wars_fans_that_didnt_like_the_force_awakens/cym5wze

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

It won't happen but I want Harrison Ford to come back as Han Solo in Episode IX as a Force ghost, kick Snoke in the balls and yell "That's how the Force works!"

—Adam

4 hours ago, imsys0042 said:

It won't happen but I want Harrison Ford to come back as Han Solo in Episode IX as a Force ghost, kick Snoke in the balls and yell "That's how the Force works!"

Well you'll see Han Solo again, he just won't be played by Harrison Ford anymore.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Steve

4 hours ago, Gator Hazard said:

Brian Kessinger:image.thumb.jpg.ea47204bcec3dd2dba79dcf8

I like the Calvin and Hobbs feel to that comic.

The funny thing is, the lightsaber would have shorted out immediately upon melting snow. Lightsabers, unless a bifurcating cyclical-ignition pulse was added (which was primarily used by Nautolan Jedi as they were amphibious), would short out and require repairs when submerged or exposed to large quantities of water (higher than what would happen in a rainstorm). Poor little Kylo would've been left with a broken lightsaber that required repairs.

What I think would be funny, should they make more comics like that continuing the Calvin and Hobbs theme, is the letters to Santa. 

"Dear Santa,

This year I would like a Starkiller, an imperial army, and the helmet of Darth Vader for Christmas. Don't listen to what my mom and dad might try to tell you about the incident at the Jedi academy. Like the noodle incident, this is a work of fiction blown out of proportion in a blatant attempt to slander my reputation.

Thanks,

Kylo and Hux"

Seeing it again tonight with my other brother. Very excited.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

2 hours ago, Pretzel said:

I like the Calvin and Hobbs feel to that comic.

The funny thing is, the lightsaber would have shorted out immediately upon melting snow. Lightsabers, unless a bifurcating cyclical-ignition pulse was added (which was primarily used by Nautolan Jedi as they were amphibious), would short out and require repairs when submerged or exposed to large quantities of water (higher than what would happen in a rainstorm). Poor little Kylo would've been left with a broken lightsaber that required repairs.

How did Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon swim to the Gungan city?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

17 minutes ago, jamo said:

Quickly. 

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

7 minutes ago, dkolo said:

Quickly. 

24 minutes ago, jamo said:

...without damaging their lightsabers. ;-)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

6 hours ago, jamo said:

...without damaging their lightsabers. ;-)

It only shorts when the lightsaber is active, at least according to the extended universe.

Well I can say this about the movie ... my 8yr/10yr old grandson liked it ... I tried really hard to like it, but felt the whole movie that I have been here before ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!

Finally saw it yesterday. Excellent overall. Harrison, Fisher et al, did a great job for the old-timers and the young actors were excellent. It was a good story line too. That being said, a couple of holes in the story for me:

1. I have to say first off, it's time for the Dark side to stop building Death Stars. They are 0 for 3. They always leave some easy to figure out way of destroying them by a small band of rebels. I think JJ Abrams poked fun at this in the scene where they are trying to get Intel from Fin.
  2. I agree with @iacas that Rey is most likely Luke's daughter. She has to be a bit younger than Ren because he was in training and she was left on the planet at maybe 6 or 7. Presumably, she was left there after Ren went all Dark-side.
  3. If she was 6 or 7 when left on the planet, wouldn't she know who Luke was if he was her father? Maybe Luke borrowed a neutralizer from Agent K or something like that.
  4. Fin should not have been able to use the light saber that well against Ren, regardless of whether Ren was emotionally compromise and Fin was a trained soldier.
  5. I think Gleeson was a bit too young an actor to play General Hux. To be that angry, messed up and Nazi-like takes many years.
  6. I agree with everyone that the first Millennium Falcon chase scene was the bomb.

Lastly, I think Steve, @nevets88, was more excited to see this movie than any person in North America!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, boogielicious said:
  1. I have to say first off, it's time for the Dark side to stop building Death Stars. They are 0 for 3. They always leave some easy to figure out way of destroying them by a small band of rebels. I think JJ Abrams poked fun at this in the scene where they are trying to get Intel from Fin.

It wasn't easily destroyed. There was no chute with that one missile would take down. In fact their original plan failed despite hitting the "vulnerable" area multiple times. Only after they significantly weakened it from the inside were they able to take it down.

3. If she was 6 or 7 when left on the planet, wouldn't she know who Luke was if he was her father? Maybe Luke borrowed a neutralizer from Agent K or something like that.

I posited her memories were wiped (or hidden) by Luke or someone. Then Ren helped loosen them.

4. Fin should not have been able to use the light saber that well against Ren, regardless of whether Ren was emotionally compromise and Fin was a trained soldier.

Ren was not only emotionally compromised, he was physically injured from Chewbacca's gunshot, and Finn got his ass handed to him in about 20 seconds.

C'mon, Scott!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, iacas said:

It wasn't easily destroyed. There was no chute with that one missile would take down. In fact their original plan failed despite hitting the "vulnerable" area multiple times. Only after they significantly weakened it from the inside were they able to take it down.

I posited her memories were wiped (or hidden) by Luke or someone. Then Ren helped loosen them.

Rea was not only emotionally compromised, he was injured from Chewbacca's shot, plus Finn got his ass handed to him in about 20 seconds.

C'mon, Scott!

1. Four people, one a sanitation guy, sneak onto an apparently unprotected Death Star and happen upon a highly vulnerable yet lightly guarded area that if messed up would take down the entire planet. Seems way too easy.
  2. Agree
  3. Jedi can see into the future. Luke, Darth, Obi-wan, Drunk-on-Gin and any Sith would have laid Fin out with one swipe, unless Fin is secretly also with the Force. Ren could stop at blaster shot with one hand, control other's physical movements. I little flesh wound should not have slowed him down. Darth had no legs.
  4. Another thing. The planet was falling apart, Ren had the snot beat out of him. And somehow Hux was able to find him from the other side of the planet before they all died. They'll have to explain that in the next movie.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
1 minute ago, boogielicious said:
  4. Another thing. The planet was falling apart, Ren had the snot beat out of him. And somehow Hux was able to find him from the other side of the planet before they all died. They'll have to explain that in the next movie.

No they won't. Leia knew where Luke was when he was hanging from that antenna or whatever in Cloud City or whatever it was called. Force users can geolocate.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

33 minutes ago, iacas said:

No they won't. Leia knew where Luke was when he was hanging from that antenna or whatever in Cloud City or whatever it was called. Force users can geolocate.

Is that an app?:-P 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 2679 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!