IGNORED

TST Fantasy Golf 2016

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 2762 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

Looking at this weeks fantasy lineup, you get to choose 2 out of 3 for the A players (everyone else is in the WGC Match Play), and 4 out of 14 for your B lineup.

This will be interesting, but I really can't imagine watching much of the Puerto Rico "opposite field" open

And the 3 players in the A group have missed a combined 16 of 23 cuts in their tournaments so far this year.....will be B and C players that will be the key picks for the week. 

I am also going to try the Match Play fantasy bracket on PGA's website. If anyone else is interested, the link is here and the brackets are set tonight. I have the week off and am looking forward to watching the Match Play starting Wednesday.

http://fantasybracket.pgatour.com/#/picks/mine

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

6 hours ago, gogolfing said:

And the 3 players in the A group have missed a combined 16 of 23 cuts in their tournaments so far this year.....will be B and C players that will be the key picks for the week. 

I am also going to try the Match Play fantasy bracket on PGA's website. If anyone else is interested, the link is here and the brackets are set tonight. I have the week off and am looking forward to watching the Match Play starting Wednesday.

Hmm. I was really hoping Yahoo fantasy had some sort of system in place for the match play. Like 15pts for each match won or something. It would create more potential bigger gains/losses in the standings because you could potentially lose everyone in the first round or have a bunch go deep.

I will fill in that match play bracket though, looks like it could be fun.

• Upvote 1

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Match play bracket is out!!

• Upvote 1

I had to create an account and I made my picks and created a new private group for this (and I think the PGA tour fantasy stuff)

Group: TST lowest score wins
PW: iacas

all are welcome to join (and if the TST staff wants the name changed let me know)

• Upvote 1

Players play, tough players win!

10 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

I had to create an account and I made my picks and created a new private group for this (and I think the PGA tour fantasy stuff)

all are welcome to join (and if the TST staff wants the name changed let me know)

Joined!

11 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

I'm in :-)

12 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Good Job Wally.

Should be fun.......:beer:

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

I'm in as well.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Day 1 summary - the players I picked to advance from the group stage went 9-5-2.
It would be bad to lose my overall tournament winner in the group stage, but it would be typical of my fantasy golf picking.

I managed to get 5 picks right coming out of the group play, with my winning pick already out (Adam Scott), so this turned out like my March Madness bracket....busted early.

On the other hand I'm doing okay with the Opposite Field Open

So the Puerto Rico Open is the last event of the winter segment. I went through the League and deleted 12 members for being inactive for quite some time. If you want to join, or know others who may want to join, it is a good time to do so. Though you won't compete for the season title, you can compete for the Spring and Summer segments. 

The spring segment starts at the Houston Open next week. Info to join is below:

http://golf.fantasysports.yahoo.com/golf

Group ID 512

Password: sandtrap

Looks like there is a good chance Tony Finau is going to get us all 20 bonus points today....

• Upvote 1

430 points in the Dell bracket challenge.

Had Day for win and Rory picked to win 3rd, but he lost.

Was hoping for a Day / Fowler shootout.....

• Upvote 2

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Congratulations to @Nanta, winner of the Winter Segment!

Spring segment runs from the Houston Open through the US Open. 

You know that dumb feeling you get with you set your roster and dont check it all weekend....

and the guy that wins the tournament is on the bench.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

20 minutes ago, kpaulhus said:

You know that dumb feeling you get with you set your roster and dont check it all weekend....

and the guy that wins the tournament is on the bench.

Ha- I just realized I had a dumb one too. George McNeill (my starter) was DQ-ed Saturday due to non-conforming club or something. I had Jerry Kelly on the bench (my only other option).  Kelly wasn't doing great til then, but hey, he was the only guy for me who could even get points for that day, since news was out that McNeill was done. Jerry Kelly went on to shoot low round of the final Sunday to earn 20pts (not for me), while my starter was likely on a flight out of town. Duh. Pays to keep up with how the tourney is going!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

I had a run of dumb luck this morning! 

Woke up about 20 minutes before the deadline and realized I hadn't looked at my starting lineup since Tuesday.  Found out that my starter JB Holmes had pulled out.  So I inserted Henrik Stenson, and made a couple other changes.  I dumped my A starter Sergio Garcia and decide to start Ricky Fowler instead.  I replaced Sergio with Dustin Johnson on my bench.  I also swapped out B player Alex Cejka for Kevin Chappel.  

These all worked out pretty good.  So far anyway.  I feel like the time last fall I hit a 190 yard approach shot that was headed towards a bunker.  It hit a rake, bounce about 15 feet up in the air, and ended up two feet from the hole.  Dumb luck!  :-P

2 hours ago, Volkey said:

I had a run of dumb luck this morning! 

Woke up about 20 minutes before the deadline and realized I hadn't looked at my starting lineup since Tuesday.  Found out that my starter JB Holmes had pulled out.  So I inserted Henrik Stenson, and made a couple other changes.  I dumped my A starter Sergio Garcia and decide to start Ricky Fowler instead.  I replaced Sergio with Dustin Johnson on my bench.  I also swapped out B player Alex Cejka for Kevin Chappel.  

These all worked out pretty good.  So far anyway.  I feel like the time last fall I hit a 190 yard approach shot that was headed towards a bunker.  It hit a rake, bounce about 15 feet up in the air, and ended up two feet from the hole.  Dumb luck!  :-P

Damn, I had J.B and now I'm screwed for today. Checked my roster last night and figured I was all good.

1 hour ago, SavvySwede said:

Damn, I had J.B and now I'm screwed for today. Checked my roster last night and figured I was all good.

I did the same thing and ended up in the same boat you're in!

Note: This thread is 2762 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!