IGNORED

TST Fantasy Golf 2016

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 2757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

14 minutes ago, sjduffers said:

Don't worry about that. Especially in this limited field event.  The players need to be split into 3 different groups A, B and C so that this event can be played by the same rules as the rest of the year. The split is meaningless, mostly.  Expect them both to be in the A or B group later in the season.

Actually, they set the A, B, and C groupings at the start of the season and they stay there for the rest of the year. Only get 10 starts per player per season; I think Speith and Day were the only ones I maxed out on last year, but they don't reshuffle the players I believe because it ties into the 10 start rule somewhat. You'll find sometimes in the A and C groups you will ride certain players because of this. 

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

1 minute ago, gogolfing said:

Actually, they set the A, B, and C groupings at the start of the season and they stay there for the rest of the year. Only get 10 starts per player per season; I think Speith and Day were the only ones I maxed out on last year, but they don't reshuffle the players I believe because it ties into the 10 start rule somewhat. You'll find sometimes in the A and C groups you will ride certain players because of this. 

Ah! Cool: I never noticed. But yes, it makes some sense that wanting to start a player may be affected by which group he is in (and indeed which players he is playing against for the purpose of fantasy points).  Thanks for the clarification!

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Up to 34 members in TST League. Make sure your rosters are set by 12:20 PST on the 7th....for new guys, there is a box on the right side of your roster page that shows the roster set deadline for each round....it will change by round, like this one does. Guys in the East get a bit of a break on this, especially for the 2 in Hawaii and the West Coast Swing.

Thanks for your help friends.  It makes a bit more sense now.  I don't think I've played fantasy golf since ESPN's "salary cap best ball" game went away. :-(

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Got my roster set!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

I'm looking for some other guys from outside the U.S. to join the pool....as far as I can tell, I am the only one so far. I don't need that kind of pressure. :-D

Got room for someone a little further afield?

Sounds like it will be a good fun league to join in with :fore:

18 minutes ago, Toffeelover said:

Here is the info to join: Welcome aboard TST

http://golf.fantasysports.yahoo.com/golf

Group ID 512

Password: sandtrap

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Looking great here...up to 41 teams. Get those rosters set! 

I'm in - completely new to this - although I'm a middling to good player in my Fantasy Premier League team. This look much harder than that.

D: Ping G25 Stock S Shaft
3W: Titleist 915F 16.5* Diamana S70 Blue Stiff
3H, 4H: Callaway XR Project X LZ 6.0
5i-PW: Mizuno MP54 Project X 5.5 Shafts
52*, 58*: Mizuno JPX Wedge TT Dynalite Gold AP
Putter: Mizuno MP A306

So you pick a foursome and bench for the full winter season right? Do you get to change them in the next tournament or spring season would be the next selection?

Vishal S.

15 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

So you pick a foursome and bench for the full winter season right? Do you get to change them in the next tournament or spring season would be the next selection?

Change them weekly....10 starts in total for each player across the entire season.

This will help you out too @GolfLug

As well, for those who are new, here are the official rules from the Yahoo website....when you scroll down there is also a link that explains bonus points and MDF, which can be the bane of your team on the weekend....

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/fantasy-golf/scoring-fantasy-golf-sln6370.html?impressions=true

13 hours ago, Toffeelover said:

20 minutes ago, alleztom said:

I'm in - completely new to this - although I'm a middling to good player in my Fantasy Premier League team. This look much harder than that.

Great...two new International guys. Welcome to you both, and good luck to all. Still 5 more hours to set your roster if anyone else wants to join before the season starts.

7 minutes ago, gogolfing said:

Change them weekly....10 starts in total for each player across the entire season.

This will help you out too @GolfLug

As well, for those who are new, here are the official rules from the Yahoo website....when you scroll down there is also a link that explains bonus points and MDF, which can be the bane of your team on the weekend....

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/fantasy-golf/scoring-fantasy-golf-sln6370.html?impressions=true

Thanks man. Complete noob with fantasy anything. BTW, I am 512, which I happened to select as my team name by accident. Thought I was supposed to put our group name when prompted for team name and ended up doing just that. Well, maybe that will end up being my tourney total..:banana: 

Vishal S.

34 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

You pick eight each week, you'll have different players every week. You could choose Jordan or any player on consecutive weeks.

You can change players during an event (of the current eight you selected), which you may need to if a player misses cut, DQ'ed or injured, etc.

Sometimes when the two "A" players, or C group both miss the cut, your really screw'd that week for obtaining points for your team.

1 hour ago, Club Rat said:

You pick eight each week, you'll have different players every week. You could choose Jordan or any player on consecutive weeks.

You can change players during an event (of the current eight you selected), which you may need to if a player misses cut, DQ'ed or injured, etc.

Sometimes when the two "A" players, or C group both miss the cut, your really screw'd that week for obtaining points for your team.

Yeah, 4 picks + 4 bench. Done. Also to change a player, I can only pick from bench right or do you mean I can re-select the bench too?

Vishal S.

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

only pick from bench

Yep, the team is set for that week. You can change the line up, but not add/drop players during the event.

Note: This thread is 2757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!