IGNORED

TST Fantasy Golf 2016

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 2727 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Okay folks, a new league for 2016 has been set up for The Sandtrap once again. I believe we have to be one of the hottest groups on Yahoo as a good many of us kick the "Expert Pick" guy's ass every year. Here is the info to join:

http://golf.fantasysports.yahoo.com/golf

Group ID 512

Password: sandtrap

@Club Rat, @Wally Fairway @Undr Par @Patch @sjduffers get on there and let's get er going!

First tourney is January 7th-10th.

• Upvote 1

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Joined.  Thanks for setting this up.  :dance:

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Pretzel said:

Hmm, I may have to try this. I've never been one for fantasy sports but a golf competition from the site I could get interested in. 

Jump in @Pretzel it's a lot of fun. 

17 hours ago, Club Rat said:

I'm in. Thanks @gogolfing 

@RandallT  looks like we're setup to go.

Thanks, John. I'll go join later today! Looking forward to it. The site isn't responding at the moment, but might be my tablet. Didn't you mention yahoo was dropping fantasy golf for 2016?  Maybe I got that wrong.  

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Great to see some new members on board; welcome @the fish and @LagShaft. @RandallT I was just on the Yahoo site and it is working. You guy need to watch out for @Club Rat @Undr Par and @sjduffers in the pool; they are ringers. 

So do you pick a new group of golfers for each tournament? I'm not quite sure of how this works.

It appears as though the two experts picks aren't even playing this coming week, since only winners qualify for the tournament of champions. I know for certain Victor Dubuisson did not qualify for it.

2 hours ago, gogolfing said:

Great to see some new members on board; welcome @the fish and @LagShaft. @RandallT I was just on the Yahoo site and it is working. You guy need to watch out for @Club Rat @Undr Par and @sjduffers in the pool; they are ringers. 

Don't overlook @Crim. Hope he's joining again this year....:-)

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

2 hours ago, Pretzel said:

So do you pick a new group of golfers for each tournament? I'm not quite sure of how this works.

Yes, you do: 2 in group A, 4 in group B and 2 in group C.  Then prior to each round, you must decide which 4 players (1 in A, 2 in B and 1 in C) are active for that round while the other 4 are sitting out. You get points for the distance between the lowest scorer of the day and each of your players, so if one of your players has the lowest round of the day, you get 20 points. If a player is 2 strokes behind behind the lowest scorer, you get 16 points for that player, 3 strokes behind and you get 14 points, and if you are 10 strokes behind (it happens!), you get 0.  Add it all up for the 4 active players.

Make sure to check your line-up after the cut and before the 3rd round starts or you could be with fewer (or none at all!) players in position to get any points over the weekend, as a cut player (or WD) obviously doesn't get within 10 strokes of the better round over each day of the weekend...

Also, you get bonus points for having started (any round, not just the final round) any of the top 3 players (and ties), with 20 for the winner, 10 for the runner-up and 5 for the 3-place finishers.

It appears as though the two experts picks aren't even playing this coming week, since only winners qualify for the tournament of champions. I know for certain Victor Dubuisson did not qualify for it.

I don't think the list of players in the field for the first tourney is accurate yet, and the expert picks probably aren't either.  Check back after the first of the year, and don't forget to check the box that says "entered in the field" or you get the list of all PGA Tour players.

Edited by sjduffers

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

The field is usually set properly on Yahoo the Monday afternoon prior to the start of the tournament, so wait until then. Be wary of the Expert Picks on Yahoo....a good chunk of us in TST league finish better than they do. PGA Tour usually has a good summary of the field and track record of the players in the field. 

6 hours ago, RandallT said:

Thanks, John. I'll go join later today! Looking forward to it. The site isn't responding at the moment, but might be my tablet. Didn't you mention yahoo was dropping fantasy golf for 2016?  Maybe I got that wrong.  

Yahoo indicates that they are, but for now everyone can signup and if Yahoo does maintain the golf fantasy then we would set for another season hopefully.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

I'm in!  I've been out of fantasy football for a couple years. I'll see how this goes.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Welcome to the group @TN94z it is a lot of fun. We are at 10, and usually fill up by the start of the tournament. There is a cap on the # Yahoo lets join a group; I believe it is at 40.

Just now, gogolfing said:

Welcome to the group @TN94z it is a lot of fun. We are at 10, and usually fill up by the start of the tournament. There is a cap on the # Yahoo lets join a group; I believe it is at 40.

Thanks. I did fantasy football for a while but it began taking up too much time, so I dropped it. It will be nice to get back into it

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Note: This thread is 2727 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!