IGNORED

TST Fantasy Golf 2016

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 2764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm disappointed that Freddie isn't available as a fantasy pick this week.
 He is playing with Spieth & Thomas, and there should be plenty of tour sauce between them to bring him along for the weekend; how can the king of cool not be one of the players listed?

Players play, tough players win!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Jordan is just crap today. ugh

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

3 hours ago, SavvySwede said:

Jordan is just crap today. ugh

Wow- that was a surprise.  I yanked him for Sergio this week, who also failed to get within 10 of the leader. I think only one of my starters got any points today. Cosmic justice for various lucky rounds these past few weeks.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

1 hour ago, RandallT said:

Wow- that was a surprise.  I yanked him for Sergio this week, who also failed to get within 10 of the leader. I think only one of my starters got any points today. Cosmic justice for various lucky rounds these past few weeks.

I had Jordan as my A and Sergio on the bench so my A slot is screwed unless someone has a major bounce back tomorrow. I hope Jordan bounces back big tomorrow but I suspect the best I'll see out of either of them tomorrow is a 71. 

7 hours ago, SavvySwede said:

I had Jordan as my A and Sergio on the bench so my A slot is screwed unless someone has a major bounce back tomorrow. I hope Jordan bounces back big tomorrow but I suspect the best I'll see out of either of them tomorrow is a 71. 

Ha ha! Yeah, I had Spieth and Garcia in my A slots too.  Started Sergio.  I don't feels as bad striking out with Sergio as I would have with Spieth.  Because you just know Spieth is going to shake off this slump.  

Edited by Volkey

16 minutes ago, Volkey said:

Ha ha! Yeah, I had Spieth and Garcia in my A slots too.  Started Sergio.  I don't feels as bad striking out with Sergio as I would have with Spieth.  Because you just know Spieth is going to shake off this slump.  

8 hours ago, SavvySwede said:

Great minds must think alike. My A players are also Jordan and Sergio

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Jordan and Sergio both cut, at least Jordan had a good round today and I was able to get a few points before being reduced to 3 slots over the weekend.

I think I need a new strategy - I'm going to start to pick guys who I don't think will win, and who I don't really like. I would do better that way and avoid Spieth messing up my scoring early & Rory doing it later in the weekend. Because even if I pick guys who play decent, I still screw up my substitutions and leave points on the bench.

I'm sure I'll do much better now that the tour is starting the southern swing leading for the next 3 months.

I set my lineup earlier this week, waiting until after yahoo sent out the email for week 8, and I have the box checked for "show only entered golfers".  Decided to give Webb Simpson a shot.  Looked at my roster this morning to find out he is not entered. Lame...

Be sure to double check your roster on Wednesday night!

19 minutes ago, the fish said:

I set my lineup earlier this week, waiting until after yahoo sent out the email for week 8, and I have the box checked for "show only entered golfers".  Decided to give Webb Simpson a shot.  Looked at my roster this morning to find out he is not entered. Lame...

I switched him out last night for Colt Knost. Pays to stay up late and be paranoid.:-D

Edit: Looks like Colt isn't doing too well anyway.

16 minutes ago, ev780 said:

Way to go Kokrack!  Go out and shoot 79 today. Patrick Reed Plus 4.  Great showing for my B listers.

Seems like it's common that when a player surges like Kokrak did last week, that they'll fall apart the next week. Didn't Vaughan Taylor do something like that? Fabian Gomez wins, then has a couple cuts, I think. Grillo won Frys, then cut the next week at Shriners. 

Not always, but happens enough that I wonder if when an "upstart" type of player has a breakout week, if there's something too difficult about keeping the roll going through the next week. I'd have to look at a more complete list and counter-examples, I suppose.  I think guys like Smylie Kaufman or Kevin Kisner have held together ok after their breakthroughs.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

I'm picking all of my players based on the same stat and will report at the end of the season how well it holds up. Obviously I cant forget to make changes from Friday into the weekend after guys get cut. 

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

1 hour ago, the fish said:

Yeah - I always click the only show players entered box, and today I see that Chaz Reavie is not entered - so my only hope this week from my C player is Smylie; thankfully he played well today.

Oh yeah and it looks like I need to sub out ZJ

58 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

my only hope this week from my C player is Smylie; thankfully he played well today.

Oh yeah and it looks like I need to sub out ZJ

How funny, my C player got me a whopping two points.  Thanks Fabian!  At least I have Ricky Barnes in reserve there.

Fowler (A) and Walker (B) were good choices for starters though :-)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 2764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!