IGNORED

Stack-n-Tilt - Still Screwing up Golfers after All These Years

Note: This thread is 2997 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, scopek said:

excuse my ignorance, but why? 

Kinda not the point of this topic, but c'mon man… think about it for a bit. You don't put the ball back, and the handle forward, to hit the ball the highest. You can't aim right enough to add enough loft back to overcome the loft you took off doing those other two things.

It's a joke of a video. Terrible.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

Kinda not the point of this topic, but c'mon man… think about it for a bit. You don't put the ball back, and the handle forward, to hit the ball the highest. You can't aim right enough to add enough loft back to overcome the loft you took off doing those other two things.

Ok, makes sense, I think. But honestly I haven't spent a lot of time thinking or trying to understand these aspects of the swing. Still working on keys 2 and 3. 

Brands I use:

:tmade::cobra: :titleist: 

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yeah, that is brutal. Like WTF?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

5 hours ago, mvmac said:

Stack and Tilt is a pattern/swing developed by Andy Plummer and Mike Bennett. They were influenced by the MORAD system (Mac O'Grady), The Golfing Machine and Mike Bender. They took some really good information and just went really extreme with it.

At one time they were working with 8-10 tour pros.

They're active on social media. 

Also these videos on their YouTube page.

OMG, :bugout:

Generally speaking I'm probably not the best person to critique an instructor or golf instruction but, wow, this is terribad.  I'm so glad I didn't see these kind of videos when I first started getting into golf. :naughty:

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

3 hours ago, scopek said:

Ok, makes sense, I think.

If you had to hit a shot really low, like a trouble shot out of the trees, where would you play the ball? It doesn't make any sense to play it forward in your stance.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

5 hours ago, Ernest Jones said:

Yeah, that is brutal. Like WTF?

I couldn't finish the whole video - was making me angry.

Erik, I realize it's true because you said it twice already, but I'm effing dumbfounded that people who consider themselves knowledgeable endorse that nonsense.

What. The. Heck?

8 hours ago, mvmac said:

If you had to hit a shot really low, like a trouble shot out of the trees, where would you play the ball? It doesn't make any sense to play it forward in your stance.

Seriously.  

If you think about the physics of it, it really makes no sense to put the ball forward in your stance is you want to hit a low shot.  Just amazing. 

Christian

13 hours ago, mvmac said:

Stack and Tilt is a pattern/swing developed by Andy Plummer and Mike Bennett. They were influenced by the MORAD system (Mac O'Grady), The Golfing Machine and Mike Bender. They took some really good information and just went really extreme with it.

At one time they were working with 8-10 tour pros.

They're active on social media. 

Also these videos on their YouTube page.

OK but can you explain how the terms STACK and TILT fit in? What are you stacking for example?

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

^^^^

Bennett and Plummer have a book; they have a website. They are on youtube. Take a look.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

3 hours ago, gregsandiego said:

OK but can you explain how the terms STACK and TILT fit in? What are you stacking for example?

The name came from Charlie Wi if I remember correctly. This came about when Plummer and Bennett were describing the movements of the swing to a writer for their 2007 Golf Digest article. You "stack" your upper center over your lower center (not much axis tilt, weight slightly left) and then "tilt" your torso left (for a righty) to get the body to turn on an inclined angle.

http://www.golfdigest.com/gallery/stackandtilt#2

Mike McLoughlin

13 minutes ago, mvmac said:

The name came from Charlie Wi if I remember correctly. This came about when Plummer and Bennett were describing the movements of the swing to a writer for their 2007 Golf Digest article. You "stack" your upper center over your lower center (not much axis tilt, weight slightly left) and then "tilt" your torso left (for a righty) to get the body to turn on an inclined angle.

http://www.golfdigest.com/gallery/stackandtilt#2

I was always curious about how the term came about, too.

Thanks!

Christian

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, mvmac said:

…You "stack" your upper center over your lower center…

Right, which is in and of itself just fine, for the most part (if your LRC is slightly ahead of your URC at setup, then I prefer they not quite "stack" during the backswing), but these aren't that:

567ae57d70a88_AnalyzrImageExport.thumb.j

These perverted things are posted, seen, endorsed, and taught far too frequently.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Weird GolfTec blog post. I took a few lessons from Patrick Nuber who at the time was National Director of Instruction for GT as well as the only certified or whatever S&T instructor in Colorado listed on the S&T site. He never showed me anything like that.

Dave :-)

1 hour ago, iacas said:

These perverted things are posted, seen, endorsed, and taught far too frequently.

Yep.

Mike McLoughlin

Do they understand ball flight? And that reverse pivot?

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

1 hour ago, Dave2512 said:

Weird GolfTec blog post. I took a few lessons from Patrick Nuber who at the time was National Director of Instruction for GT as well as the only certified or whatever S&T instructor in Colorado listed on the S&T site. He never showed me anything like that.

At one time I considered taking lessons at GolfTec but after seeing this, I'm not sure I'd ever consider going it.

Christian

• Administrator
2 hours ago, DrvFrShow said:

Do they understand ball flight? And that reverse pivot?

They championed the proper ball flight laws (they weren't the first to do it, or anything, but they did make it a point of emphasis), but then, yeah, I get what you're saying: they post this kind of stuff, then. Who knows…

Even if you do that it's not a true reverse pivot so long as your weight doesn't go backward during the downswing. Unfortunately, for those who move their heads a foot forward, they often try to move their head back during the downswing. Just ask @JetFan1983. He played a pro-am with an S&T instructor (high up, too) when his head was moving 8" down and forward and the guy never said a thing about it.

Never been a big fan of S&T and these videos make me glad I never bought into it.  Maybe they could incorporate the Power Triangle or Cube too.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 2997 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!