IGNORED

Palm Springs in January

DaveP043
Note: This thread is 793 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

8 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

I'm looking at a chilly rainy day here, I can't wait to see a warm sunny day in California!

Yeah, the weather here sucks lately.  It's so cold in So Cal! :-) 

I have 1/18 blocked off to stay free for this if the spot is still available. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 hours ago, Shindig said:

Yeah, the weather here sucks lately.  It's so cold in So Cal! :-) 

I have 1/18 blocked off to stay free for this if the spot is still available. 

Good deal, you're in.  I'll send a PM with my contact details.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Gentlemen, here's our tentative schedule:

Jan. 13 (Sunday) -  Desert Willow  ( 8 tee times are booked 8:55 & 9:05 )
Jan. 14 (Monday) -  SilverRock  ( Will book 6 tee times.  Using (2) vouchers I have from
                                                      Underpar  and my resident card for (4). Can't book tee
                                                      times until Jan. 7 and Jan. 11 ). I believe the Underpar 
                                                      deal is still available if any of the Calif. guys want to
                                                      play.
Jan. 15 (Tuesday) - The Classic Club -  Can't get tee times until this Friday.  
                                Eagle Falls is the back up if I can't get The Classic club. 
Jan. 16 ( Wednesday) - The Golf Club at La Quinta ( my home course). I have 2
                                       Underpar vouchers and will get 4 in on my resident card.
Jan. 17  (Thursday) -  I think Rick was getting times at Shadow Ridge.
Jan  18 ( Friday)  -  Terra Lago North at 9:00 am.  I bought 4 vouchers from Underpar ($73.00/player).

For @mvmac, if I remember right, your best days will be Monday or Tuesday, Silverrock and/or Classic Club.  If you want to play Silverrock (again), we got vouchers at www.underpar.com for $90 per person.  I'm pretty sure another friend and his wife will be joining us on Sunday, 1/13, so we already have a full 8 at Desert Willow.

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

@DaveP043 unfortunately can't make it this year, got a two-day conference mid-week and just doesn't work to be away on Monday or Tuesday. Sucks because I love going out there and playing with you guys. Hope you have a great trip and play well. Please say hi to your wife for me!

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

10 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Hi @DaveP043, I haven’t been on here for awhile so I just saw your invite today.  Probably a bit late for me now since it’s only next week, but sounds like you all will have a blast again as usual!

Its never too late!  As far as I know right now, we're full on Sunday and Friday, but we have only 6 players for Monday to Thursday.  The tentative schedule is up there, but that includes Silver Rock, Classic Club(with Eagle Falls as a n alternate), GC at La Quinta, and Marriott Shadow Ridge.  Let me know if you're interested in any of those days, and I'll confirm with Tom.

@mvmac, sorry to hear that it doesn't work out for you, I hate when real life gets in the way of golf.  Mary Anne sends her best, she's really happy to be able to play this year.  And I'm happy, I probably won't have to deal with any broken clubs (I hope).

Dave

@DaveP043 I was available to join you either Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday, however, I’m feeling quite sick today and want to get over it before I commit to anything. I’ll have to play it by ear for now so dont hold a spot for me yet.

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

@DaveP043 I was available to join you either Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday, however, I’m feeling quite sick today and want to get over it before I commit to anything. I’ll have to play it by ear for now so dont hold a spot for me yet.

Thanks!

Feel better soon, I think we all hate being sick.  We'll make tee times for the 6 players we know we have for sure.  If it turns out you can join us, we'll just have to check with the course and see if they've filled the vacant spot(s).  Our schedule has changed a little, we're looking at Silverrock on Monday, Classic Club Tuesday, neither one confirmed just yet, and Eagle Falls Wednesday confirmed at 9:08 and 9:17.  It would be great if you can join us, but the weather doesn't look good enough to go out in if you're not feeling well.

Dave

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Feel better soon, I think we all hate being sick.  We'll make tee times for the 6 players we know we have for sure.  If it turns out you can join us, we'll just have to check with the course and see if they've filled the vacant spot(s).  Our schedule has changed a little, we're looking at Silverrock on Monday, Classic Club Tuesday, neither one confirmed just yet, and Eagle Falls Wednesday confirmed at 9:08 and 9:17.  It would be great if you can join us, but the weather doesn't look good enough to go out in if you're not feeling well.

I’ve got almost a week, I suspect health will be fine then ... it’s more a matter of whether or not I fall too far behind at work in the next day or two. :)

Ive never played Silverrock and ha e always wanted to and Classic Club became one of my favorite courses after we played it last time. 

• Like 2

On 1/9/2019 at 6:54 PM, Golfingdad said:

I’ve got almost a week, I suspect health will be fine then ... it’s more a matter of whether or not I fall too far behind at work in the next day or two. 🙂

Ive never played Silverrock and ha e always wanted to and Classic Club became one of my favorite courses after we played it last time. 

I think I’m going to have to pass - turned out I have strep throat and so I’ve been home out of work since Wednesday.  Going to have to do a lot of catching up next week at work.

Have fun out there guys and gals and take some photos for us!

2 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

I think I’m going to have to pass - turned out I have strep throat and so I’ve been home out of work since Wednesday.  Going to have to do a lot of catching up next week at work.

Have fun out there guys and gals and take some photos for us!

Sorry to hear that, get well fast.  

Dave

• 11 months later...

Its time to revive this thread again.  Amazingly enough, our friend Tom still likes us enough to invite us to Palm Springs again.  We'll be arriving on January 11, leaving January 18, and hoping to play every day in between.  I believe we have 6 golfers, and no specific golf plans as yet.  Its been a lot of fun in previous years when some of the California friends have come to join us for a round or two, it would be great if we could do it again.  Please let me know if you're interested

• Like 1

Dave

On 12/13/2019 at 12:41 PM, DaveP043 said:

Its time to revive this thread again.  Amazingly enough, our friend Tom still likes us enough to invite us to Palm Springs again.  We'll be arriving on January 11, leaving January 18, and hoping to play every day in between.  I believe we have 6 golfers, and no specific golf plans as yet.  Its been a lot of fun in previous years when some of the California friends have come to join us for a round or two, it would be great if we could do it again.  Please let me know if you're interested

Thanks Dave, I'll keep you updated.

Mike McLoughlin

On 12/13/2019 at 12:41 PM, DaveP043 said:

I’m definitely interested in sneaking out there one day if it works out.  Thanks Dave!

:-D Nice to hear so quickly from two of my favorite golfing companions.  We missed seeing you both last year, I hope it works out this time. As with previous years, we won't know much about the specific agenda until Tom gets out there and makes the plans, I'll keep everyone posted when I learn more.

• Like 1

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I heard from Tom, and have an update with our schedule.  Unfortunately, we're mostly down to 4 players, one of our group is staying home to nurse a early case of pneumonia.  Here's our schedule, with a note of where we have openings:

Sunday  - Silver Rock at 9:30 and 9:50 ( I purchased prepaid vouchers for everyone at $90).  only one time, all full

Monday - Desert Willow (one group on Firecliff and one group on Mountainview)  at 8:45 and 8:50.     ($102 Green Fee )  (cutting back to one time, not sure which one we'll keep)

Tuesday -  Silverrock, not sure of the time.  We're playing twice to use up the vouchers Tom already bought  2 slots open

Wednesday  - Eagle Falls at 9:08 and 9:16   ( $95 green fee) 2 slots open

Thursday  -   Classic Club  ( Cannot attempt to get tee times until Sunday)

Friday - TBA, only 3 players scheduled, so we'll have one spot open

I'll keep adding information as I get it.  If Mike and Drew, or anyone else for that matter, want to team up and get a time just before or after us one of those days, that could work too.

Dave

Just one last update.  We've made the following changes, Wednesday we'll be at Classic Club, just 4 of us.  Thursday we'll drive down to Take Hill, just four of us.  Friday is the Dunes Course at La Quinta, we have one opening.  I haven't heard from anyone for sure, so I'm guessing we won't see y'all this time.

Dave

Thanks Dave, unfortunately I won't be able to make it out this year. Hope you guys have a great time!

Mike McLoughlin

Note: This thread is 793 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!