IGNORED

Palm Springs in January

DaveP043
Note: This thread is 821 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 hours ago, mvmac said:

Thanks Dave, unfortunately I won't be able to make it out this year. Hope you guys have a great time!

Thanks, Mike, we'll do our best.  We'll also miss seeing you.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...

Lol, I hate autocorrect.  We went to Rams hill, and it was really good.

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/7/2021 at 8:21 PM, Golfingdad said:

@DaveP043 ... you guys taking this year off I'm guessing?  The irony for me is because if covid my work schedule is so flexible, I'd probably be able to sneak out there a couple times during the week lol!

At the moment, we're holding off on coming to Palm Springs.  Tom, our friend with the house there, has delayed his departure for a few weeks.  Rick and Lisa are driving across country, and don't plan to arrive there until February.  We're kind of holding tight to see how things work out.  We'll miss is, but there's always next year.

• Like 1

Dave

• 1 year later...

I almost forgot to revive this old thread.  Mary Anne and I leave in two days for 2 weeks in Palm Springs/La Quinta.  Yes, two entire weeks.  If any of y'all care to join us, please let me know.  Its a little different this year, we have only 4 golfers in our group, but Tom may have made multiple times to include some of his local friends there.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dave

27 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Here's hoping you can hit out of some of Patrick Cantlay's divots...

There are two potential problems with that.  First, we're almost certainly not playing any of those same courses.  Second, his divots are generally in the fairways.

• Funny 3

Dave

Dave, 

Sent message if you get a chance.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

19 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

There are two potential problems with that.  First, we're almost certainly not playing any of those same courses.  Second, his divots are generally in the fairways.

Don't let Mary Anne beat you too bad!  :banana:

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

1 hour ago, jsgolfer said:

Don't let Mary Anne beat you too bad!  :banana:

Hey, we're starting off even for the year!  She only beat me 3-up last year, and I bet we played 40 matches against one another.

Dave

On 1/23/2022 at 8:39 AM, DaveP043 said:

I almost forgot to revive this old thread.  Mary Anne and I leave in two days for 2 weeks in Palm Springs/La Quinta.  Yes, two entire weeks.  If any of y'all care to join us, please let me know.  Its a little different this year, we have only 4 golfers in our group, but Tom may have made multiple times to include some of his local friends there.  

I almost went searching for this thread the other day Dave ... cuz in most years past I believe you were always here for the AmEx week?

My schedule is wacky right now, and I really haven't golfed much at all, but I will stay tuned for your schedule to see if I can work something out.

Have fun!!

23 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

I almost went searching for this thread the other day Dave ... cuz in most years past I believe you were always here for the AmEx week?

My schedule is wacky right now, and I really haven't golfed much at all, but I will stay tuned for your schedule to see if I can work something out.

Have fun!!

Thank you, my friend, we'll do our best.  The way it looks now, Tom will be doing tax returns a couple days a week, so we'll only have 3 players on those days.  It looks like we'll have an opening on Wednesday, 2/2, at Eagle Falls, 8:12 AM, and on Thursday, course TBD.  Apparently ites getting tougher to get times on the more desirable courses, as compared to previous years.  I'll just be happy to have a golf club in my hands, instead of a snow shovel.

Dave

Note: This thread is 821 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!