IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (January 2016)

iacas
Note: This thread is 2972 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Had to run the kids around today so couldn't get to the range....will be out there tomorrow despite colder than usual temps in these parts. Did mirror work again today in my basement. Worked on feel of clearing my left hip on downswing, along with keeping flexion in lead wrist. 

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More of the same as yesterday except I switched it up a bit by also doing some slow swings with my hybrid,  I also took notice of where my face was in relation to the path although I'm not sure if I got an accurate description of what happened from my view. 

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 hours ago, Lihu said:

Hip turn drills, slow movements attempting to mimic the timing on my good drives using a driver shaft.

Went to the range and hit a few balls. One of the better golfers in the club mentioned that lifting the heel of the lead foot at the top of the back swing is not a bad drill, and I tried it for the duration. Seems to take some stress off the hip turn, and allow full range of motion?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Chipping in the yard this day. Target was a empty beer can with a slight right to left break on the run part. Maybe 30'. Just working on the stroke, and impact parts to hit my target. 

We will be taking our dogs to the dry lake later to day for their weekly exercise.  Will get some long swing work in out there. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

13 hours ago, Lihu said:

Went to the range and hit a few balls. One of the better golfers in the club mentioned that lifting the heel of the lead foot at the top of the back swing is not a bad drill, and I tried it for the duration. Seems to take some stress off the hip turn, and allow full range of motion?

Still practicing this drill. Seems to help me remember to fully turn my hips.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Started the day with a 2 mile run, weight and kettlebell workout, following by a boxing session on the heavy bag. This will be my new strength building pattern for 2016 to help my longer drive strikes. Spent an hour in the backyard working on the 6-iron. Specifically, trying to work on issues from yesterday's round. That is, to keep more pressure on the left hand/light pressure with the middle two fingers of the right and keeping the right elbow bent up to impact. I spent some more time on my pre-shot routine and then found something very interesting.... I appears that my takeaway was coming in way to shallow (a bit of a hook was occurring here). So, slowed things down and worked on the takeaway to the A2 position. It seems that I can get a good and consistent parallel club at the A2 when I don't focus on my shoulders as a one-piece takeaway, but focus on squeezing the left shoulder blade toward the right shoulder blade to start the backswing (still doing a one-piece takeway). I also realized that I was more consistent on striking the ball when I started the takeway slowly and started to increase the speed to the top of the backswing. A lot more to work on here. I'll post a new video in my member swing location, once I get it flowing together better. Not quite ready for prime time, so to speak.

Dave

I'm working on my chipping. Trying to make solid contact by leading with my left hand and not flipping.

10 mins outside on the lawn again. Using the lounge window as a mirror, working on the first part of the backswing to A2

Chris.:roll:

First practice session of the calendar year (for those following along at home, this means I'm ineligible for the January prize).  Previous practice session was on December 31.

Bucket of 30 at my home course's range earlier tonight.  Half swings with 7- (and later the 6-) iron for the first few;  several practice swings before hitting a real one.  After a few half swing balls, I moved up to a full swing.   Somewhat happy with the results given my poor scheduling of practice over the past 2-3 months.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Hit the range today...made sure I got one of the stalls where the heater was working! Took what I have been working on indoors in front of the mirror for the past two days and hit wedges. I really took my time and made a lot of slow practice swings in front of the mirror at the range to ingrain the feel. Only hit wedges and was making solid contact.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Indoors again for my 5 minutes as it's been cold.  Went back to just using the 6I today working on making sure I have a flat wrist at A4.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Brrrr, 24 degrees today but barn space a little warmer.

Did golf lab sms  swings and pivot drill. Really helps me feel the weight transfer to left side. Toying with keeping pivot drill as part of PSR. Get the bounce going, step up to ball and swing. Feels good inside, solid strikes ?

Under construction, signature and game.

Did 5 mins full swing practice on the lawn without a ball again after playing 18 today. The main aim was to synch up my arms to my pivot during the backswing. 

Chris.:roll:

Mirror work before my workout. Still doing slow swings for centered hip turn.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Still working on hands leading chip shots. seems like my right hand wants to keep flipping at the ball. I'm up to about 20% good solid hits. 

On 1/3/2016 at 11:01 AM, Lihu said:

Still practicing this drill. Seems to help me remember to fully turn my hips.

More hip turn drills, also starting to incorporate more shoulder turn into my swing to gain some more flexibility.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 2972 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!