• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator

Wow a number of great birthdays today:

Are all celebrating birthdays of various pedigree today. Here is to hoping they're all great!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

21 hours ago, iacas said:

Wow a number of great birthdays today:

Are all celebrating birthdays of various pedigree today. Here is to hoping they're all great!

Thanks Erik. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, David in FL said:

Thanks guys!

Time to move up a set of tees!

Happy birthday David. Next year I will try to be there to have a drink or two together 🍻

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Played the weekly clubtournament yesterday: A stableford tournament from the yellows (6300 yards, Rated 72,7, slope 147) Shot 86 (36 stableford points). A pretty good round, but it was far from a perfect round.  Positives: - No lost balls (despite hitting one in the creek on 8 (found it, but had to take the penalty and a drop there) - Played solid through the 2 hardest stretches on the course. Hole 5-7 (+1) and hole 13-14 (E) - Birdie on the tough 13 (390 yards par 4 playing into wind  with a narrow teeshot and the approach playing 15 yards downhill) after a good drive (275 yards) into the wind to the right side of the fairway and a perfect soft AW from 120 that landed a foot short of the pin and jumped a couple of feet back to 3 feet. That shot looked like it was going in. - Only hit 3/13 fairways, but none of the missed fairways was by more than 5 yards and only one cost me a shot (on 16 where I had to chip it back to the fairway). So all my misses were pretty much in the right places.  - Hit 8 greens (14 nGIRs). Good, but not great.  - The round took my index south of 10,0, so new my new index is now 9,9 Negatives:  - The par 3s - shot +7 on the 5 par 3s, which is the worst I've done so far this season. Managed to shoot a 5 on hole 4 (205 yards into wind yesterday) without using my putter and without penalties. Duffed the teeshot 130 yards short and a little bit right, shanked the next shot into the left greenside bunker, hit the first bunkershot fat and still found my self in the sand, thinned the next bunkershot and flew it over the green and holed the 15 yards chip from there for a 5 and 0 stableford points. To a lot of amusement for everyone in my flight. The 6 i shot on hole 8 (180 yards uphill with wind from behind and left) was quite forgettable: Pulled my 8'iron slightly and flew it over the green right into the creek there, penalty drop, chipped it to 15 feet from there and needed 3 putts to hole it (found the ball in the creek(Y) ).  - Struggled with the speed on a 15 footer (sent it 6 feet past on 8 ) and 40 footer (left it 12 feet short on 14) , which I normally don't struggle with. Putting was good apart from those 2 and were the only 3-putts I made. On both those putts it felt wrong in the backswing and I still didn't abort the swing. Need to work on that.  33 putts total is not great, but is acceptable with the chances I gave myself on the greens. - A little inconsistant with my longer chips, needs to get them a little closer. This is a part of the game I have been very good at lately and this was not my best round around the greens. Only 2 1-putts after chipping and one holeout. Should do better.   
    • After a decent round yesterday i finally reached goal number 1 this season: HCP-index: 9,9.  Now let's keep it there or lower. 
    • You really need to call out your cheating partner.  Never allow it to continue.  Otherwise you will either get bitter about it or refuse to play with him.
    • Or wager against them, but watch them closely and play strict rules.  After all, their handicaps are probably treating their concessions as sunk. Three players in my club's match play qualifier were DQ'd for taking gimmes during the qualifier.  Those are a no-no when it's medal play for a match play qualifier. 
    • Parred the first hole at an away course today to make my away course composite even par (3 birdies 3 bogeys)
  • Today's Birthdays

1. benharris
      benharris
      (29 years old)
    2. Erik Tedfelt
      Erik Tedfelt
      (26 years old)
    3. ForcedCarry21
      ForcedCarry21
      (30 years old)
    4. hlan
      hlan
      (36 years old)
    5. Hookman
      Hookman
      (29 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...