• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Happy Birthday to you @DaveP043, the voice of reason and calm.  May you gain even more wisdom.  And may your handicap index ever come down.

Wow... hard to beat that.

Happy Birthday Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo after clicking this link. For Mevo+, click this link or the image above.
    • I would like to get my handicap back down to 2.5.  Anything better would be gravy for this year.  A severe elbow injury and a stupid torn meniscus have kept me from playing as well as I'd like over the last two-and-a-half years. About a month ago, during a fitting session, it was interestingly revealed that I am very consistent where I hit the ball on the face of the club.  It's between a dime and a nickel sized area.  Closer to a nickel.  And it's about a quarter inch toward the toe.  Every.  Single.  Time. So I concluded if I can be that consistent I may as well hit the ball in the center of the clubface.  All kinds of magical good things happen when I do that.  Longer shots, crisper shots, straighter shots, more consistent trajectory and fewer clunkers.  And the ball off the face feels so solid and pure. No secret sauce here.  No particular swing changes, physically.  Every once in awhile a mental swing change can work.  So what I'm doing, and have been doing the last month, is striving, in my tiny brain, to strike the ball in the center of the face by consciously moving the clubhead further from me on the downswing.  It dangerously puts me in range of hosel rockets (Vinsking) if I move the club out over the ball too much.  But I don't care.  It also promotes more of an inside-out swing.  In over 2000 shots, equally divided between the range and the course, I hit only one "s" shot, and that was on the range.   The "click" I'm now getting off my irons is life-affirming.  The solid "crack" off the driver has me looking up to a shot I approve of.  Politically one would say, "I'm DoubleMochaMan and I approve of this drive." So, this is it.  Nothing else.  No plans to do anything else.  When this fully clicks in by February or March I will only work on refining it.  Getting the nickel down to a dime, center clubface.
    • That one really had me scratching after a poor start.  Hardest one so far.    Wordle 219 5/6 ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜ ⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    • Day 92 (01/23/22) - Did Low Point control drill with my 58* wedge; chip shots first, followed by backswing to A3. Started with "miss the towel" then added a "ball", which, as I was in my living room, was a crumpled up piece of paper.
    • @iacas, should we (perhaps you, or can anyone do it?) reset the Away Courses tab in this year spreadsheet? It currently has last year's data. Thanks!
    • Erik lesson gave me two priority pieces I'm working on.   I need to keep my right arm straighter and make a better turn.   That is a ongoing process that I'll work on throughout the year.   I'm taking video occasionally and do mirror work to see improvement.  This really isn't quantifiable except thru better ball striking. I hope to improve my putting.   This past year for 21 of the last 24 rounds I kept strokes gained putting compared to a scratch golfer.  I ended the year at 0.2 strokes gain putting but feel like I need to work on my distance control.   I really can't measure distance control but hope to increase my strokes gained putting to 0.5. I've got other macro measurable goals like reducing blow up holes and hitting more target scores (Par + CH) but believe my priority pieces right now will help improve those goals. My biggest goal is to take my short game that I've worked many hours on in the simulator this winter to the course.  Last year I was unsatisfied that I couldn't get up and down.   Many times I ended up with a double bogey after a nGIR.  Much improvement needed but a game plan is in place. 
  • Today's Birthdays

1. dpriceva
      dpriceva
      (60 years old)
    2. Jim C
      Jim C
      (61 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...