• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator

Thanks, y'all.

I celebrated by… taking my daughter to Golden Corral (her choice) before taking her to the dermatologist for a wart removal on her left thumb knuckle.

He applied some clear liquid that he says will cause it to blister. If that doesn't get rid of it (it's pretty big), he'll cut it off next time. We'd already tried home remedies plus one freezing.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 hours ago, iacas said:

Thanks, y'all.

I celebrated by… taking my daughter to Golden Corral (her choice) before taking her to the dermatologist for a wart removal on her left thumb knuckle.

He applied some clear liquid that he says will cause it to blister. If that doesn't get rid of it (it's pretty big), he'll cut it off next time. We'd already tried home remedies plus one freezing.

Happy Birthday! Sounds like an exciting day! Better than the two feet of snow I got!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2018 at 1:41 PM, iacas said:

Happy 50th to @Antneye!

Thanks! I'm getting closer to being able to shoot my age  only 45 years away! 

18 hours ago, iacas said:

Happy 33rd to @Muzza, happy 57th to @butchammon, and happy other birthdays to the others who were born on this day some number of years ago.

Thank you...  Yeah, I hit 57 yesterday 4/10.  Or, as I joked to my wife yesterday:
Me: Wow, I'm 57? Hey, let's add the two numbers together.  5+7=12.  How about if I act like a 12 year old boy?
Wife (not missing a beat): You already do!

Gee, thanks, honey... Feel the love... LOL... :-D

Edited by butchammon

2 hours ago, butchammon said:

Thank you...  Yeah, I hit 57 yesterday 4/10.  Or, as I joked to my wife yesterday:
Me: Wow, I'm 57? Hey, let's add the two numbers together.  5+7=12.  How about if I act like a 12 year old boy?

Gee, thanks, honey... Feel the love... LOL... :-D

You're just a kid! I'm 58. Happy Birthday!

2 hours ago, butchammon said:

Too funny....Happy Birthday

5 hours ago, iacas said:

Happy 65th, @CR McDivot.

Thanks!

God willing, I"ll now have more time on the course to improve my inadequate 15 handicap. :-P

Maybe the new driver will help my long game... assuming I learn to hit her! ;-)

Edited by CR McDivot

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Birdied #16 at Quail Brook today. Pulled my drive onto the 15th tee box and got to my ball where a couple of my friends were waiting to tee off, ready to heckle me. Had about 90 yards to the flag and hit a partial GW to 2'. The ball mark was 2' short of the hole from where I was and the ball ended up 2' past it. I don't know if it had a chance to go in; it probably took a hop and spun. I would have never heard the end of it if I didn't hit a good shot there.
    • Shot 85 from the tips at Quail Brook for an 11.1 differential. Hit 9 GIR. I’m starting to drive the ball better and it’s exposing weaknesses in other areas of my game.
    • Played Quail Brook today, birdied 16 in dramatic fashion. New one for the away composite.
    • I will be brief, since others have weighed in and I echo the vast majority of what they've said (plus I love bullet points).  Naga-Waukee War Memorial - 6 A fun course, architecturally interesting Several nice views Walkable Passes the "I'd play here often" test Club at Lac La Belle - 6.5 Great Parkland golf.  I think the score suffered a little because all the other courses were so unique, but if this place were near my house it'd be one of the better courses available to play publicly. Walkable Firm, well-maintained greens with interesting contours Good combination of tough holes and less-challenging ones Not many real recovery options on a bad shot - most often, you're punching out from trees or laying up from a fairway bunker Passes the "I'd play here often" test  Favorite hole: #16 Lawsonia Links - 8 Unique and visually interesting Walkable Well-maintained greens with interesting contours, with play varying based on hole location (2) Par-3's were too long for me to really enjoy playing them Too many blind tee shots Some of the most fun approach shots I've had to play Passes the "I'd drive a couple hours to play here" test Favorite hole: #7 Mammoth Dunes - 8 Visually stunning Walkable Huge greens and fairways Turns out, I really enjoy "resort golf".  Separation value (which @iacas) referred to above is different for a 14-hcp...I liked that a wider range of shots were rewarded, but you still have to hit the ball solidly. Passes the "I'd drive a long way to stay/play here again" test Sand Valley - 8.5 Visually stunning Walkable Huge greens and fairways This is an aspirational course for me - breaking 90 the second day, even from an easier set of tees, felt like a real accomplishment...something I had to work damn hard for.  This is the kind of course I want to be good enough to play well.  At the end of the day, that's what ticked it 0.5 above Mammoth Dunes. Passes the "I'd drive a long way to stay/play here again" test
    • Our school district announced that they are going back to masks. It will be required for anyone under the age of 11, and then strongly recommended for anyone not vaccinated and recommended for anyone vaccinated. My wife (vaccinated) will likely wear one. My son will have to wear one. Honestly, I’m a little relieved. I think it’s the right choice, given the circumstances. There are probably better ways to do it, but they would involve mandating the vaccine for students and staff. I’m betting that’s coming before the start of 2022, but this is good enough in the interim. 
  • Today's Birthdays

1. CrappyGolfer
      CrappyGolfer
      (68 years old)
    2. Jacob Vance
      Jacob Vance
      (25 years old)
    3. jax731
      jax731
      (54 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...