IGNORED

Where Is Your Next Golf Trip Going to Be?

Smidd4

I have two trips upcoming:

New York State:Β  I will be attending a high school reunion in Rochester, NY.. then a couple of us are going to play four courses listed by Golfweek Magazine as the Best Courses You Can Play in NY (meaning you can get on them!).Β  Β We are playing Seneca Hickory Sticks in Lewiston, Conklin Players Club - just outside Binghamton, Leatherstocking - just outside Cooperstown, and Saratoga National.

Nebraska:Β  I will be playing courses that Golfweek Magazine LIsts as the Best Courses You Can Play .... Quarry Oaks, Awarii Dunes, Bayside (which was on the list until 2017), Wild Horse, The Prairie Club - Pines and Dunes courses, and Tatanka.Β  Since I am already there I have addedΒ Dismal River - Red and White Courses (a private club).Β  Also, I plan to plan Plainview, which is the site of the 2019 Nebraska 9 Hole Course Championship (there are 90 nine hole courses in Nebraska) and Platteview (which is private with a friend who is a member).

Really excited about these two trips AND planning for 1 or 2 in the Fall.

• Like 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 3/16/2019 at 9:41 AM, Kevlar10 said:

I'm planning a trip to Pinehurst.Β  After hours of research, I think I've got the golf and accommodations lined up.Β  Now the only thing left is the formats for the rounds, money games, the food, and the extra curriculars.

Have fun, that's one of my favorite places, I get there once or twice every year..Β  Let me know if you need restaurant recommendations.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist:Β 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 ballsΒ 
:ping:Β G5i putter, B60 version
Β :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy:,Β :true_linkswear:, and AshworthΒ shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

9 hours ago, JuanTheGolfer said:

Nebraska:Β  I will be playing courses that Golfweek Magazine LIsts as the Best Courses You Can Play .... Quarry Oaks, Awarii Dunes, Bayside (which was on the list until 2017), Wild Horse, The Prairie Club - Pines and Dunes courses, and Tatanka.Β  Since I am already there I have addedΒ Dismal River - Red and White Courses (a private club).Β  Also, I plan to plan Plainview, which is the site of the 2019 Nebraska 9 Hole Course Championship (there are 90 nine hole courses in Nebraska) and Platteview (which is private with a friend who is a member).

IΒ played both Bayside and Wild Horse on a guys golf trip several years back.Β  As I recall, Bayside was two very different nines, but a lot of fun and the staff were a hoot.Β  We sat in the clubhouse after the round drinking way too much tequila with them.

Wild Horse is magical,Β you will not be disappointed.Β  Definitely in my personal top 5 coursesΒ all time.Β  Β It's literally in the middle of nowhere, funded by the local farming community and cut in amongst the corn fields.Β  We were first off that day and I remember the beauty of the steam rising off the fairways ... it was a perfect morning.Β  The greens are amazing, and at the time the fastest and most true rolling that I had ever played.Β  Have fun!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Have fun, that's one of my favorite places, I get there once or twice every year..Β  Let me know if you need restaurant recommendations.

Thanks, you have given me a few good ones so far.Β  I like the looks of Sly Fox and have added that to the itinerary.Β  One question you might be able to answer for me; How do replays work at the Pinehurst Resort courses?Β  We are playing #5 and #8, have the Cradle booked and have some time set aside already for Thistle Dhu,Β but we will have an afternoon off.Β  I can't find any information on replays.

24 minutes ago, Kevlar10 said:

Thanks, you have given me a few good ones so far.Β  I like the looks of Sly Fox and have added that to the itinerary.Β  One question you might be able to answer for me; How do replays work at the Pinehurst Resort courses?Β  We are playing #5 and #8, have the Cradle booked and have some time set aside already for Thistle Dhu,Β but we will have an afternoon off.Β  I can't find any information on replays.

I'm not sure about replay policies anywhere, I've never tried to play a second round in a day.Β  I suggest you give them a call directly.Β  And if it looks kind of empty after you've finished a round, I'd ask again, they may be more flexible.

The Sly Fox is really good.Β  Another nice pub, a little closer, a little newer, is the CharBar7.Β  The Pinehurst Brewing is another new place with really good food.Β 

Dave

:titleist:Β 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 ballsΒ 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2019 at 10:23 PM, JuanTheGolfer said:

I have two trips upcoming:

New York State:Β  I will be attending a high school reunion in Rochester, NY.. then a couple of us are going to play four courses listed by Golfweek Magazine as the Best Courses You Can Play in NY (meaning you can get on them!).Β  Β We are playing Seneca Hickory Sticks in Lewiston, Conklin Players Club - just outside Binghamton, Leatherstocking - just outside Cooperstown, and Saratoga National.Β 

Wow, very jealous over here

Just got back from my golf trip to New York State....Β  Β I will post some thoughts on the trip over the weekend.... I started collecting logoed golf balls from courses I play.Β  The idea is that some day I will create a Christmas Tree of golf balls.Β  I saw this idea in the pro shop of a club I used to be a member of in Citrus County in Florida.Β  Β On this trip I collected balls from the four courses I played.

1 Golf Balls.jpg

1 hour ago, JuanTheGolfer said:

Just got back from my golf trip to New York State....Β  Β I will post some thoughts on the trip over the weekend.... I started collecting logoed golf balls from courses I play.Β  The idea is that some day I will create a Christmas Tree of golf balls.Β  I saw this idea in the pro shop of a club I used to be a member of in Citrus County in Florida.Β  Β On this trip I collected balls from the four courses I played.

1 Golf Balls.jpg

Nice, look forward to hearing your thoughts on the courses. We are 3 weeks out from a CNY trip. We will hang with family mostly but will get away for a few games. We have 2 rounds secured at Turning Stone, and will play the rest as opportunities are presented. We will be in Skaneateles so Rochester courses would be a stretch but not that far away. It’s a haul but I thinkΒ we will bring our clubs.

Aloha,

iSank

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

• 2 months later...

In Europe and if to be more specific in Greece. My friends who has a real estate in Athens invited me to come and have a nice week vacation. There is a really nice Glyfada Golf Club which is next to the beach and about 15-20 minutes drive from Athens itself. When I come back I will post a report about this destination.Β 

Β 
  • Like 1

I'm getting a rare summertime visit to Pinehurst, heading down for an extended weekend over Labor Day.Β  My buddy just qualified to play the USGA Senior Amateur in Durham the weekend before, so he and his wife will join us.Β  She's a good player too, we'll have a good time.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dave

Actually, we are going to Gatlinburg for my sister's wedding the 30th-1st and I may see if I can't sneak my clubs along to maybe play one or two days if anyone knows of courses in that area that I should play.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon:Β Z355

:callaway:Β XR16 3 Wood
:tmade:Β AeroburnerΒ 19* 3 hybrid
:ping:Β I e1 ironsΒ 4-PW
:vokey:Β SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff:Β Harmonized Sole GrindΒ 56 andΒ Windy City Putter

Headed to Treetops in Gaylord, MI in a couple weeks.Β  I'm looking forward to the world renown par 3.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.Β Β  I'm Denny

Another couple, plus my wife and I are going to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic in December so my buddy and I will be playing the Corales course when we are down there (Same course that hosts a PGA Tour tournament each year)

• Like 1

Driver:Β :callaway:Β Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:Β Β :cobra:Β Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons:Β :tmade:Β P770 (4-PW)
Wedges:Β :callaway:Β MD3 50Β  Β MD5 54 58Β degreeΒ Β 
Putter:Β :odyssey:Β  White Hot RX #1
Ball:Β :srixon:Β Z Star XV

We are on an extended road trip up in norcalΒ right now. Didn't want to deal with the southwest summer heat.

We are at my cousin's home just off the coast highway. That highway goes really, really close to Bandon Dunes.....lol I am looking for 5, or 6 day layover there.

After Bandon, it's where ever my much better half wants to go. Most likely farther north.

If we run into a few golf courses along the way, then so be it.Β Β A man hasΒ do, what he has to do.Β 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

48 minutes ago, Patch said:

We are on an extended road trip up in norcalΒ right now. Didn't want to deal with the southwest summer heat.

We are at my cousin's home just off the coast highway. That highway goes really, really close to Bandon Dunes.....lol I am looking for 5, or 6 day layover there.

After Bandon, it's where ever my much better half wants to go. Most likely farther north.

If we run into a few golf courses along the way, then so be it.Β Β A man hasΒ do, what he has to do.Β 

Patch... no matter what, make sure to play Pacific Dunes.Β  Then settle in with your wife for a single malt scotch and some haggis in McKee's Pub, right there on the property, next to the lodge.Β 

14 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Patch... no matter what, make sure to play Pacific Dunes.Β  Then settle in with your wife for a single malt scotch and some haggis in McKee's Pub, right there on the property, next to the lodge.Β 

I am very familiarΒ with Bandon's golf complex. I think this is my 8th trip there.

My wife is in charge of food and beverages, and knows all the hot spots for our taste buds.Β 

Β I will be playing what ever courses I can get on, including that par 3 course.Β Hoping for some decent weather.Β 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Going to Carlsbad CA over labor day weekend to visit my best friend who moved there last year.Β  Will be playing some golf.Β  He's planning on joining Shawdowridge Golf Course in the next couple of weeks, so we will likely be playing there, plus I'm a clubcorp member as well.Β  You can't beat cart fee only golf.

Will probably play one of the other club corp courses in the area as well.Β  Either Morgan Run, which I've played before or Bernado Heights CC.

We will likely only have two players, if any SD TST'ers want to meet up.Β  I'm sure we'll hit Stone and mission Brewery asΒ well.Β  Will be there August 29-September 3rd.Β  Not sure yet which days we'll play golf but probably most of them.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones