IGNORED

Where Is Your Next Golf Trip Going to Be?

Smidd4

My dad told me a while back that this upcoming summer, we wouldn’t be taking our annual weeklong beach trip. That was upsetting, because it’s something that we look forward to every year. But then, this morning, I got a great idea. I texted my dad and asked him if we could take a golf trip this summer in place of our normal beach trip. Took a while because he was at work, but he eventually replied with a yes. I asked where we were gonna go, but he said we’ll work all that out later. They also have a trip to Italy planned for just him and our mom, so they have to plan that as well. I think we should either go to Myrtle Beach or Pinehurst. We’d book a hotel room for three or four nights, and then probably two or three rounds of golf. I’m guessing it’s gonna be me, my dad, my brother and my grandpa. 

• Like 2

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 hours ago, dagolfer18 said:

“I’m guessing it’s gonna be me, my dad, my brother and my grandpa.”

Dagolfer18 that’s beautiful. Played a lot with my brother but not once with dad or grandpa. Enjoy each moment, it’s a gift.

For us, it’s Kapalua, 4 days 3 rounds, I like to go Plantation, Bay, Plantation so that’s what we will do. Not real happy about the Plantation soft fairways, I may play forward  one set. But it’s Maui, I like my island better but Maui is a beautiful place. 
Aloha, Happy New Year! Hau’oli Makahiki Hou!

Edited by iSank
Hau’oli Makahiki Hau ooppps

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

• 1 month later...

Not a very far trip, but some coworkers have invited me along to a stay and play weekend at Crystal Springs Resort towards the end of April. We’re going to play Ballyowen and I don’t know/care what other course.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

The wife and I are off to Pebble Beach. Staying at the resort. The week after we go up to Augusta for the Masters. Going to be a pretty cool 17 days.

• Thumbs Up 1

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

My next big adventure will be a trip to Spain and Portugal in September,  About 4 or 5 days on the Costa del Sol, followed by 4 days on the coast just north of Lisbon.  I know we'll get 6 rounds or so in, including at Praia D'El Rey and West Cliffs in Portugal.  Another guy is planning the golf, I don't know where in Spain we're playing.

• Like 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

That'll be a quick 10 to 15 grand.

Can't take it with me.

My bag:

No way...Gold all the way. Just gonna try to enjoy the scenery. 🙂

My bag:

14 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

Very nice! Enjoy both experiences and please share, both are something my wife and I plan on, it’s just a matter of doing it. Have fun, we’ll be playing in Vegas.

16 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

Bucki... just a heads up for enjoying the scenery at Pebble Beach.  Choose to carry or roll your clubs.  Or, better yet, enlist the services of a caddie.  The bluffs and most scenic views (with a caddie you can wander to the best spots) are not accessible by power cart.  Power carts are restricted to cart paths which are essentially hidden away in the trees and a distance from the best views.

Keep us posted.  Have a great trip.

7 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Bucki... just a heads up for enjoying the scenery at Pebble Beach.  Choose to carry or roll your clubs.  Or, better yet, enlist the services of a caddie.  The bluffs and most scenic views (with a caddie you can wander to the best spots) are not accessible by power cart.  Power carts are restricted to cart paths which are essentially hidden away in the trees and a distance from the best views.

Keep us posted.  Have a great trip.

Yes. I was going to take a caddie. I would rather just carry or roll but I thought "what the hell", just walk around and check out the views. I played Pebble Beach about 20 years ago so I'm looking forward to seeing it. Hopefully I can play well but really not so much worried about that. This is the first time for the wife so she will eventually decide on a caddie or carry ourselves. We have a couple days of tickets for the Masters on Tuesday and Wednesday so we are gonna hang out there for a few days and then back home before our trip to Pebble. If anybody knows or any good wine vineyards in the area, please let me know. We are hoping to take a day and try to go to one or two if they aren't too far away. 

My bag:

2 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

Yes. I was going to take a caddie. I would rather just carry or roll but I thought "what the hell", just walk around and check out the views. I played Pebble Beach about 20 years ago so I'm looking forward to seeing it. Hopefully I can play well but really not so much worried about that. This is the first time for the wife so she will eventually decide on a caddie or carry ourselves. We have a couple days of tickets for the Masters on Tuesday and Wednesday so we are gonna hang out there for a few days and then back home before our trip to Pebble. If anybody knows or any good wine vineyards in the area, please let me know. We are hoping to take a day and try to go to one or two if they aren't too far away. 

Here's a website you might want to check out.  

• Like 1

I will be heading to Myrtle Beach, SC for a mini vacation. I am going to be playing Azalea Sands Golf Club on March 23rd. 

-- Robert

In my bag: :ping:  G400 (10.5 degrees) | :callaway: Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway: X-Hot 3 Hybrid | spacer.png 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo | :vokey:SM4 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56 Wedges | :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 | :bushnell: Tour V4 Rangefinder | :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

• Administrator

Going to the Pinehurst area at the end of March.

Playing Mid-South, Pine Needles, and Tobacco Road.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just got back from 4 days at Pinehurst.  We played Nos. 2, 3, 4, 8 and Tobacco Road.  And the cradle and thisle dhu of course.  What an amazing trip.  I was absolutely blown away by 2 and 4.  The wide fairways, huge waste areas, total absence of rough, etc., was like nothing else I've ever seen.  Tobacco Road was also one of the coolest courses I've ever seen.   

• Like 1

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

• 3 months later...
On 1/7/2020 at 7:02 PM, iSank said:

For us, it’s Kapalua, 4 days 3 rounds, I like to go Plantation, Bay, Plantation so that’s what we will do. Not real happy about the Plantation soft fairways, I may play forward  one set. But it’s Maui, I like my island better but Maui is a beautiful place. 
Aloha, Happy New Year!

Oh for the optimism and ignorance of the new year, we made it to Vegas and played the Wynn on the day before they closed and kicked us out of the hotel. Then Hawaii got shut down with a 14 day quarantine if you travel even within the state to another island so Maui did not happen. But I am thrilled to report we have rebooked with Kapalua and will be there in a couple weeks. 
Aloha,

iSank

• 2 months later...

Australian Golf Traveller:

Sand Valley/Whistling Straits/Erin Hills 2020 Cancelled

England/Scotland 2020 Cancelled

Bandon Dunes 2021 Cancelled