Jump to content
IGNORED

Where Is Your Next Golf Trip Going to Be?


Smidd4

Recommended Posts

My dad told me a while back that this upcoming summer, we wouldn’t be taking our annual weeklong beach trip. That was upsetting, because it’s something that we look forward to every year. But then, this morning, I got a great idea. I texted my dad and asked him if we could take a golf trip this summer in place of our normal beach trip. Took a while because he was at work, but he eventually replied with a yes. I asked where we were gonna go, but he said we’ll work all that out later. They also have a trip to Italy planned for just him and our mom, so they have to plan that as well. I think we should either go to Myrtle Beach or Pinehurst. We’d book a hotel room for three or four nights, and then probably two or three rounds of golf. I’m guessing it’s gonna be me, my dad, my brother and my grandpa. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 hours ago, dagolfer18 said:

“I’m guessing it’s gonna be me, my dad, my brother and my grandpa.”

Dagolfer18 that’s beautiful. Played a lot with my brother but not once with dad or grandpa. Enjoy each moment, it’s a gift.

For us, it’s Kapalua, 4 days 3 rounds, I like to go Plantation, Bay, Plantation so that’s what we will do. Not real happy about the Plantation soft fairways, I may play forward  one set. But it’s Maui, I like my island better but Maui is a beautiful place. 
Aloha, Happy New Year! Hau’oli Makahiki Hou!

Edited by iSank
Hau’oli Makahiki Hau ooppps
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • 1 month later...
  • Moderator

Not a very far trip, but some coworkers have invited me along to a stay and play weekend at Crystal Springs Resort towards the end of April. We’re going to play Ballyowen and I don’t know/care what other course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My next big adventure will be a trip to Spain and Portugal in September,  About 4 or 5 days on the Costa del Sol, followed by 4 days on the coast just north of Lisbon.  I know we'll get 6 rounds or so in, including at Praia D'El Rey and West Cliffs in Portugal.  Another guy is planning the golf, I don't know where in Spain we're playing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

No way...Gold all the way. Just gonna try to enjoy the scenery. 🙂

Very nice! Enjoy both experiences and please share, both are something my wife and I plan on, it’s just a matter of doing it. Have fun, we’ll be playing in Vegas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

No way...Gold all the way. Just gonna try to enjoy the scenery. 🙂

Bucki... just a heads up for enjoying the scenery at Pebble Beach.  Choose to carry or roll your clubs.  Or, better yet, enlist the services of a caddie.  The bluffs and most scenic views (with a caddie you can wander to the best spots) are not accessible by power cart.  Power carts are restricted to cart paths which are essentially hidden away in the trees and a distance from the best views.

Keep us posted.  Have a great trip.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Bucki... just a heads up for enjoying the scenery at Pebble Beach.  Choose to carry or roll your clubs.  Or, better yet, enlist the services of a caddie.  The bluffs and most scenic views (with a caddie you can wander to the best spots) are not accessible by power cart.  Power carts are restricted to cart paths which are essentially hidden away in the trees and a distance from the best views.

Keep us posted.  Have a great trip.

Yes. I was going to take a caddie. I would rather just carry or roll but I thought "what the hell", just walk around and check out the views. I played Pebble Beach about 20 years ago so I'm looking forward to seeing it. Hopefully I can play well but really not so much worried about that. This is the first time for the wife so she will eventually decide on a caddie or carry ourselves. We have a couple days of tickets for the Masters on Tuesday and Wednesday so we are gonna hang out there for a few days and then back home before our trip to Pebble. If anybody knows or any good wine vineyards in the area, please let me know. We are hoping to take a day and try to go to one or two if they aren't too far away. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

Yes. I was going to take a caddie. I would rather just carry or roll but I thought "what the hell", just walk around and check out the views. I played Pebble Beach about 20 years ago so I'm looking forward to seeing it. Hopefully I can play well but really not so much worried about that. This is the first time for the wife so she will eventually decide on a caddie or carry ourselves. We have a couple days of tickets for the Masters on Tuesday and Wednesday so we are gonna hang out there for a few days and then back home before our trip to Pebble. If anybody knows or any good wine vineyards in the area, please let me know. We are hoping to take a day and try to go to one or two if they aren't too far away. 

Here's a website you might want to check out.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just got back from 4 days at Pinehurst.  We played Nos. 2, 3, 4, 8 and Tobacco Road.  And the cradle and thisle dhu of course.  What an amazing trip.  I was absolutely blown away by 2 and 4.  The wide fairways, huge waste areas, total absence of rough, etc., was like nothing else I've ever seen.  Tobacco Road was also one of the coolest courses I've ever seen.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • 3 months later...
On 1/7/2020 at 7:02 PM, iSank said:

For us, it’s Kapalua, 4 days 3 rounds, I like to go Plantation, Bay, Plantation so that’s what we will do. Not real happy about the Plantation soft fairways, I may play forward  one set. But it’s Maui, I like my island better but Maui is a beautiful place. 
Aloha, Happy New Year!

Oh for the optimism and ignorance of the new year, we made it to Vegas and played the Wynn on the day before they closed and kicked us out of the hotel. Then Hawaii got shut down with a 14 day quarantine if you travel even within the state to another island so Maui did not happen. But I am thrilled to report we have rebooked with Kapalua and will be there in a couple weeks. 
Aloha,

iSank

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...