IGNORED

Where Is Your Next Golf Trip Going to Be?

Smidd4

I have two golf trips scheduled.

Here is the itinerary for the first one....

• Storno Ferry in Charleston, SC with a buddy
  • Then 5 courses in Delaware - Bayside, Bear Trap, Deerfield, White Clay, Baywood, ..
  • Then Pine Needles and Cape Fear National.. and ending at TPC Sawgrass -The Stadium/Players Course. 
  • While at Pine Needles I will spend a little more than 1/2 a day with David Orr who is my putting coach.

The second trip is in upstate NY, where I will be playing - 

The top three courses at Turning Stone Resort, and then near Rochester - Livingston CC, and Deerfield GC and Irondequoit CC.

Edited by JuanTheGolfer
  • Like 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Finally going to get in the golf trip with a group of eight work buddies.  We were supposed to go to Alabama and and play 36 holes a day for 5 days last March.  You can guess what happened.  The trip has since been postponed twice now.  All of the group has been vaccinated, so we are going to go for it.  36 holes at Oxmoor Valley, Ross Bridge, Capitol Hill, and Silver Lakes.

14 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Made reservations with a large group at https://www.garlandusa.com/  in the northern LP

When? I will be at Garland June 28 to July 1

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

15 hours ago, StuM said:

When? I will be at Garland June 28 to July 1

June 17-19

Thursday - Fountains

Friday - Monarch

Saturday - Swampfire

Edited by dennyjones

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

2 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

June 17-19

enjoy, leave a birdie of two for me.

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• 3 weeks later...

Lockdown restrictions are finally starting to ease a bit in Scotland!  I'm so excited - going to book a wee staycation fairly local and see more of Scotland's golfing spots. Has anyone been golfing in Scotland before? Wondering if you've got any recommendations. I was just going to book a package through a company or something - thinking this one here looks quite good...

Ayrshire Golf Tours organise Scotland Golf Packages across a range of courses, including St. Andrews. Luxury Golf packages & tours. Book now!

Hope you're all staying safe. Summer's nearly here!

I just found out that our trip to Garland has been cancelled.   My golf partner had a heart attack and the story is too bizarre to tell (long story short, multiple right people just happen to be driving by).   He's fine, with the addition of an atomic clock (pacemaker) but won't be golfing any time soon.  

6 hours ago, Dylan Welsh said:

Lockdown restrictions are finally starting to ease a bit in Scotland!  I'm so excited - going to book a wee staycation fairly local and see more of Scotland's golfing spots. Has anyone been golfing in Scotland before? Wondering if you've got any recommendations. I was just going to book a package through a company or something - thinking this one here looks quite good...

Ayrshire Golf Tours organise Scotland Golf Packages across a range of courses, including St. Andrews. Luxury Golf packages & tours. Book now!

Hope you're all staying safe. Summer's nearly here!

Well we each have our own way we prefer things, I see the tour vans and kind of feel sad for them. Scotland has so many cool little places you can visit and enjoy so in the back of a van is not how I like to see it. You can make you own tee times, and visit any place you want, no car, take the train. I’m especially fond of the string of courses north of St Andrews all the way up to Dornach. Either way it’s sure to be great time. Enjoy and don’t forget to share your trip report here. 

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

• 2 weeks later...

7/15 -7/18

Was super pumped for the original 8 man trip to Sand Valley. Lost a couple people recently and since we had an 8 person cabin reserved decided to relocate with deposit refund deadline looming. Now super bummed. 

Shifted to 4 man trip to Big  Cedar Lodge. Cancelled after 2 days as we reflected on very limited tee time availability and being able to play Payne’s until late Sunday. Want to go here with more advanced planning. 

Landed on Osage Beach. Have booked Old Kinderhook and Osage National. Will fill rest with Golf Now deals. Much easier availability 😀

Plan C much less extravagant but still looking forward to the golf!

Considering we are in the middle of a lockdown, I haven't golfed in at least a month.  Probably another couple of weeks before I can golf.  Will probably go to my farm and stay there for a few days and play a couple of rounds on my home course and other courses in the area (3 courses in a one and half hour radius). Not sure who I will get but am planning to take a few friends for this if all works out

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

My wife and I are headed to Napa in late August for v2 of our son & daughter-in-law wedding (reception). We lived in Portland OR for 20+ years and will drive up there for a visit for about a week. Bandon is along the way so I'll be golfing there solo (with caddy) for two days. Current plan (I have 3 of the 4 tee times):

• Day 1: Bandon Preserve (par 3), Bandon Trails
  • Day 2: Old Macdonald, Pacific Dunes

I've only been there once - about 20 years ago. Played Bandon Dunes in sideways rain in November for about 15 of the 18 holes. Loved every minute of it.

-Chris Brooks

I've blogged about my wanderings since 2003. I love roaming throughout the USA looking for remote public golf courses to play.

My golf partner not only survived but is doing well.   We can't get back into Garland but made reservations in West Branch to play The Dream and The Nightmare.   We may swing up and play Bootlegger the day we play The Dream.  

• Like 1

Next year hoping for Ireland. 

• Like 1

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

10 hours ago, dennyjones said:

My golf partner not only survived but is doing well.   We can't get back into Garland but made reservations in West Branch to play The Dream and The Nightmare.   We may swing up and play Bootlegger the day we play The Dream.  

Glad he is doing well. Never played the courses mentioned. I think Garland is booked up most dates this summer but you might be able to get in around September.  I golfed there in October twice.  Once was great but the other we got snowed on so that is a hit or miss time for them.  

• Like 1

Stuart M.

• 1 month later...

Heading to the Mile High City for a Member / Guest next week.
Last year the event was cancelled and my friend invited to play this year.
Since Covid restrictions are easing, I agreed to join him.

@DeadMan did you ever get the chance to play the Golf Club Of Colorado?

It's my destination for the week.
I'll be traveling lightly and taking my NewPort Cup / Ping Bag.
The TST will be proudly represented also, as I will be sporting my NPC belt also.

Looking forward to having my Ass absolutely hand to me as this course is amazing and tough ...  

• Like 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

1 hour ago, Club Rat said:

DeadMan did you ever get the chance to play the Golf Club Of Colorado?

Yeah. It kicked my ass. If you miss your approach, you’re likely making double. It feels like Pinehurst #2 in that respect. It’s also surprisingly narrow. If you’re not on the fairway, it’s a lottery on whether you find the ball. 

You’ll probably find it a bit easier than me. The land is incredible and it’s in great shape. There are some great holes, too. 2 was my personal favorite. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• 2 weeks later...

We win 2nd flight this morning  and play later in the shoot out at Colorado Golf Club Member / Guest.  My partner began the morning round with an Ace on the 2nd hole.

I drain a 60 footer on the last hole to give us the winning point....

• Like 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!