IGNORED

Where Is Your Next Golf Trip Going to Be?

Smidd4

Two things that are undeniably awesome in life are travel and golf. I've traveled plenty during my life so far and this last year enjoyed my first full season of golf. I was fortunate enough to score two free tickets anywhere Alaska Airlines flys, so a buddy and I went to Palm Springs for a weekend. It was such an awesome trip that immediately after it was over I was thinking about the next one. We are going to keep it in state this year and just head over to Seattle for a long weekend of awesomeness. Where is your next trip going to take you?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My goals are to return to Hilton Head and to go to Ponte Vedra along with a visit to the World Golf Hall of Fame in St. Augustine. As I have posted on other threads, I was fortunate enough to go to the Sea Pines Plantation in 1989 and 1992, but we were not able to play Harbour Town. As to St. Augustine, I agree with the Black Knight-"For the LOVE OF GOLF, YOU must go"-to the Hall of Fame!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

In about 10 days I'll be headed to Palm Springs for a week.  After that, I have two weeks in Ireland planned for June, and our normal Thanksgiving week in Pinehurst.  Looks like a good year!

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

We are pretty much settled in for the winter. We just returned from Mexico after a 2 week stay. Got some golf and fishing in while down there. 

Our next road trip will most likely be our trip up into the northwest to visit some friends. Main golf stop will be in Bandon , Oregon. What routes we take to get there is anyone's guess. My wife navigates these trips. 

Long range plan is our annual trip to Death Valley in August. About 10 of us meet their every year for yearly golfing sun burns. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I'll be in SF and Tucson in a week. Hope to get at least a round or two in each city. 

Seeing that CO is covered in snow, no golf here for a while. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• 4 weeks later...

April 29-May 2nd - Orlando

May 3rd-May 7th - Cancun (Staying at the Nizuc Resort) -  place is awesome. - :banana:

http://www.nizuc.com/

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

• 1 month later...

I will be in North Padre Island, TX in May for a week.  Plans are to fish twice and play golf 3 times...Not sure yet what courses are available in the Corpus Christi area, but I am sure I will be able to find some...

April 21-24 VA Beach  Bachelor Party Weekend

Playing Bayville Golf Club

Princess Anne Country Club

The Federal Club 

Not sure the fourth course

Cant wait

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

My next trip is to Coorg (approximately 250 km from Bangalore), which is coffee growing district and is a hill station, and which is also where we have a coffee estate.  This is second weekend of April for a golf tournament (The Coorg Family Cup).  Currently a lot of my travel for golf is mostly for tournaments due to work and family not giving me much time for long trips.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

• 2 weeks later...

In just 10 short weeks I'll be leaving for Ireland:beer::banana:

• Like 1

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

10 minutes ago, spider said:

Enjoy!

In 10 days I will start my 50-state-50-capital golf trip! First course, Raven golf club in Phoenix, Az.

That sounds like a blast!  I know others have said this, but please keep in touch as you travel.  I'll bet you'll find playing partners from TST all along the way.  

Dave

Being a man of modest means and cheap tendencies, we have one vacation per year and its always the Outer Banks. This year, it's looking like early September, That ought to at least get us out of peak season, so three rounds or so will be in the offing. Carolina Club and the Pointe have always been good for us. May give Nags Head a shot this time.

I'm heading to St. Petersburg, FL during the third week of May. Staying out at John's Pass. Mainly going to visit family and do some snook fishing, but I will likely ship the clubs down and try the course @vangatorsuggested - Mangrove Bay. There's also a par 3 in Dunedin that looks nice. Might even try Twin Brooks down on the south side of town if I have time.

Edited by JonMA1

Jon

First day back in the office after returning yesterday from Pinehurst NC...that yearly pilgrimage never disappoints!! Did winter / early spring trips this year to Pinehurst (father son trip), Miami, Jamaica and Pinehurst again(golf and drinking buddies trip) - now it is home for the rest of the golf season and start getting groups together for next winter.

Thinking Palm Springs over Christmas for epic family vacation with son being Senior year of HS, Vegas because well it is Vegas, Tampa (clients) and of course Pinehurst right around now just like every year!!

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5