Jump to content
IGNORED

Where Is Your Next Golf Trip Going to Be?


Recommended Posts

My cousin lives 3 miles from Ballybunion.  I played there in 2008 and am itching for a return.  I remember buying 500 dollars worth of Goretex rain gear and gloves and I found 79 degrees with sun and not a lick of rain on the course!  What a memory! As a single they paired me up with a father/son and the sons best friend.  His friend was a low level tour player in England and played the tips.  I played up that day because I shot an 82 to his 69 but it was so damn inspiring seeing someone control that course! What memories.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm resuming my 50 state capital road trip on June 10, 2018. I'm planning to play in 25 capitals plus Washington DC. The list has the courses I plan to play and the order, weather permitting. 

I’m headed to Bandon Dunes next week. Playing the dunes, pacific dunes and sheep ranch. I’m excited! Weather looks favorable, fingers crossed!

Going to the Pinehurst area at the end of March. Playing Mid-South, Pine Needles, and Tobacco Road.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

Headed to Treetops for 2 days...:dance:

I tried to get my people to go there instead of the usual trip to Outer Banks. ... They weren't having it.

Have fun.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

An old friend of mine just moved from Colorado to Lexington Kentucky.  May be a good reason to organize something out that way or between the two of us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Headed to South Fork, Colorado for four days over Labor Day weekend. Have a group of 24 guys that go up there around this time every year. We all throw $100 into the pot and play four rounds at the Rio Grande Club, which is a great golf course up there. The headwaters of the Rio Grande run right through the middle of the course, its really beautiful. It's one of the best fly fishing destinations in the country as well. We play some golf, do a little fishing, and drink a lot of beer.

Some pictures of the course:

The-Rio-Grande-Club-246.jpg

The-Rio-Grande-Club-310.jpg

Golfers_8-Ken-May.jpg

Copy-of-RGC-Fishing-on-_-4-Photo.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

Headed to South Fork, Colorado for four days over Labor Day weekend. Have a group of 24 guys that go up there around this time every year. We all throw $100 into the pot and play four rounds at the Rio Grande Club, which is a great golf course up there. The headwaters of the Rio Grande run right through the middle of the course, its really beautiful. It's one of the best fly fishing destinations in the country as well. We play some golf, do a little fishing, and drink a lot of beer.

Some pictures of the course:

The-Rio-Grande-Club-246.jpg

The-Rio-Grande-Club-310.jpg

Golfers_8-Ken-May.jpg

Copy-of-RGC-Fishing-on-_-4-Photo.jpg

WOW! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

47 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

Headed to South Fork, Colorado for four days over Labor Day weekend. Have a group of 24 guys that go up there around this time every year. We all throw $100 into the pot and play four rounds at the Rio Grande Club, which is a great golf course up there. The headwaters of the Rio Grande run right through the middle of the course, its really beautiful. It's one of the best fly fishing destinations in the country as well. We play some golf, do a little fishing, and drink a lot of beer.

Some pictures of the course:

The-Rio-Grande-Club-246.jpg

The-Rio-Grande-Club-310.jpg

Golfers_8-Ken-May.jpg

Copy-of-RGC-Fishing-on-_-4-Photo.jpg

That is pretty cool. What a beautiful part of this country, just rode my motorcycle around a few states and noticed the Rio Grande up in Colorado. Have Fun!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
1 hour ago, coachjimsc said:

Heading back to the scene of the 2017 Newport Cup at Talamore and Mid South 1 week from today.

Playing a practice round on Thursday at Pine Needles.

We have a group of 28 players.

Really, really looking forward to it.

Have a great time!  I'm chuckling a little, most people would think of Pine Needles as the main event, not a practice round.  Mary Anne and I will be heading down to Talamore again for Thanksgiving week.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Have a great time!  I'm chuckling a little, most people would think of Pine Needles as the main event, not a practice round. 

Thanks @DaveP043. There are only 8 of us playing there. The rest didn't want to pay that fee.

They will be playing at Legacy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
1 minute ago, coachjimsc said:

Thanks @DaveP043. There are only 8 of us playing there. The rest didn't want to pay that fee.

They will be playing at Legacy.

I'm sure they'll have fun too, but Pine Needles is an exceptional golf course, I think you've made the better choice.  I'm sure you have it all worked out, but let me know if you need food or drink recommendations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

WOW! 

It really is a wow kind of place. The condos we rent are about 100 yards away from where that guy is fishing. First time I went there I was blown away. 

20 minutes ago, iSank said:

That is pretty cool. What a beautiful part of this country, just rode my motorcycle around a few states and noticed the Rio Grande up in Colorado. Have Fun!

Funny thing is, its in the middle of nowhere. I mean South Fork, Colorado is barely a town and its an hour away from anything that actually does resemble a town. No restaurants, one gas station, and a small grocery store. Someone basically built this great golf course where there are no people. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

I'm sure you have it all worked out, but let me know if you need food or drink recommendations.

Thanks. We have the pig pickin on Thursday. We're going to Etalia on Friday. One of the guys uncles lives down there and recommended a few places for Saturday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
Just now, coachjimsc said:

Thanks. We have the pig pickin on Thursday. We're going to Etalia on Friday. One of the guys uncles lives down there and recommended a few places for Saturday.

Hey, let me know where you go, I'm always looking for new ideas!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • iacas changed the title to Where Is Your Next Golf Trip Going to Be?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...