IGNORED

My Swing (coop6)

coop6
Note: This thread is 2394 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

@coop6-Beware @Golfer2223-

Lot of junk out there.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

21 minutes ago, Phil McGleno said:

@coop6-Beware @Golfer2223-

Lot of junk out there.

Thanks for the heads up. If it's not MOrAD, I'm not interested. I've got a direction and I plan to continue going that direction.

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

• 2 months later...

http://www.v1sports.com/SwingStore/160519093027V03P1876071.mp4

swing is coming along. I don't fight nearly the cut I did. I even draw a large majority of shots. Reached 121.2 club speed today during my speed drills, staying in the 113-116 range. I use to be 107-110 with max around 113. That was only 8 months ago. Please give some feedback. Thanks!

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

• 1 year later...

Still working hard on the swing. Backswing is cleaner but steep to high handle still plagues me. 

Thoughts?

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

• Administrator

Clarify? I'm not sure I'd worry about that now. If I am seeing the same thing in real speed that I think I'm seeing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

(edited)
15 minutes ago, iacas said:

Clarify? I'm not sure I'd worry about that now. If I am seeing the same thing in real speed that I think I'm seeing.

What are you seeing? Thanks!

Edited by coop6

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, coop6 said:

What are you seeing? Thanks!

I'd rather judge with a pair of high speed videos.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

(edited)

Shouod be better.

Edited by iacas
Embed videos please

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

• Administrator

Okay, and what shots are you hitting right now, both good and bad, and describe what you're seeing or trying to do.

29 minutes ago, iacas said:

Okay, and what shots are you hitting right now, both good and bad, and describe what you're seeing or trying to do.

Good shots are straight to slight draw. Shorter clubs aren't bad, but anything over 7 iron gets iffy. My miss with long irons/woods is high tight. Lock fade, to snap hooks. More contact issue than anything. I hit a lot of good shots but hit enough bad shots it makes it hard to score. I hit the ball mid to high trajectory.

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

To me it looks like your head moves back from 4-5, body stays closed and your hand path works down rather than down and out. This will steepen the shaft and lead to what I think you're seeing at impact.

@iacas, are you seeing something similar?

Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 12.00.47 PM.png

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

1 hour ago, mvmac said:

To me it looks like your head moves back from 4-5, body stays closed and your hand path works down rather than down and out. This will steepen the shaft and lead to what I think you're seeing at impact.

I totally agree!  I've been working on it but can't find the feels at speed. Any advice?  I feel when I open the shoulders more from P4-5 the rt arm flexes more and goes behind me. I've tried to feel trail arm external rotation but it doesn't change the picture much. Let me know if you've found some feels that work.  I feel I'm losing speed with this move as well.  Look forward to any advice. I like the Mac O style swing.  Love what Robert Rock and Alex Noren do in their swings. Thanks!

1 hour ago, mvmac said:

Any drills for the head? It has ALWAYS moved up and back. I'm a pull downer, which those go hand in hand.

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

• Administrator
1 hour ago, mvmac said:

Pretty much. I hadn't seen the head tipping back in the real-speed DL view (then again, how could I?)… but I saw the steep, down, and the staying closed stuff.

FO also reveals a relatively far back ball position.

Head tips back…

01.jpg

Because you need time and the ability to to shallow the club from here…

03.jpg

Which leads to a stalled pivot at and through impact with very little dynamically moving forward (pressure stays in right foot for too long)…

04.jpg02.jpg

I'd recommend that you:

• put the ball more forward
  • shallow by going a bit more "pitch elbow" (slight alternative: feel the forearms stay "rolled" more to shallow the shaft as seen at ~A5) and pull the hands OUT more at ~A4 to ~A5.
  • see how that helps clean up the pivot/opening/stalling stuff

If you can't go more pitch elbow due to a limitation or something, then I'd say you're playing the wrong shot shape, and you should consider becoming a bit more of a forward ball position but low-fader pattern.

2 minutes ago, coop6 said:

I totally agree!  I've been working on it but can't find the feels at speed. Any advice?

Don't try to do it at speed yet.

2 minutes ago, coop6 said:

I feel when I open the shoulders more from P4-5 the rt arm flexes more and goes behind me. I've tried to feel trail arm external rotation but it doesn't change the picture much. Let me know if you've found some feels that work.  I feel I'm losing speed with this move as well.  Look forward to any advice. I like the Mac O style swing. Love what Robert Rock and Alex Noren do in their swings. Thanks!

Any drills for the head? It has ALWAYS moved up and back. I'm a pull downer, which those go hand in hand.

It's a reaction to the shaft being steep and your hands too deep at A5. Not a cause. A symptom, not the disease.

42 minutes ago, iacas said:

Pretty much. I hadn't seen the head tipping back in the real-speed DL view (then again, how could I?)… but I saw the steep, down, and the staying closed stuff.

FO also reveals a relatively far back ball position.

Head tips back…

01.jpg

Because you need time and the ability to to shallow the club from here…

03.jpg

Which leads to a stalled pivot at and through impact with very little dynamically moving forward (pressure stays in right foot for too long)…

04.jpg02.jpg

I'd recommend that you:

• put the ball more forward
  • shallow by going a bit more "pitch elbow" (slight alternative: feel the forearms stay "rolled" more to shallow the shaft as seen at ~A5) and pull the hands OUT more at ~A4 to ~A5.
  • see how that helps clean up the pivot/opening/stalling stuff

If you can't go more pitch elbow due to a limitation or something, then I'd say you're playing the wrong shot shape, and you should consider becoming a bit more of a forward ball position but low-fader pattern.

Don't try to do it at speed yet.

It's a reaction to the shaft being steep and your hands too deep at A5. Not a cause. A symptom, not the disease.

Thanks for taking the time to show all of that. I've been told similar things but have a hard time implementing. Probably has to do with not wanting to take my time and do slow paced drills. 

Many full proof drills?

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, coop6 said:

Thanks for taking the time to show all of that. I've been told similar things but have a hard time implementing. Probably has to do with not wanting to take my time and do slow paced drills. 

Many full proof drills?

Or maybe you've just gotta make yourself do it.

The "edge of your ability" is nowhere near doing this at 100% right now.

Also…

Be diligent. Have a work ethic.

P.S. It's "fool-proof," so the better solution is… don't be a fool.

4 hours ago, iacas said:

Or maybe you've just gotta make yourself do it.

The "edge of your ability" is nowhere near doing this at 100% right now.

Also…

Be diligent. Have a work ethic.

P.S. It's "fool-proof," so the better solution is… don't be a fool.

Thanks for all of the info!! I'll get some drill swings on video tomorrow. I'll work full swings at 25% and progress from there feeling the 3-4 keys. 

In the last picture, what is the like on forearms post impact? Showing. Too much roll due to poor pivot?

Thanks again!

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

• Administrator
1 hour ago, coop6 said:

In the last picture, what is the like on forearms post impact? Showing. Too much roll due to poor pivot?

Thanks again!

Yes.

And the right foot still too much on the ground.

44 minutes ago, iacas said:

And the right foot still too much on the ground.

*Line on my forearms 

Ill work on it tomorrow and post! 

Thanks again 

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

Note: This thread is 2394 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!