IGNORED

My Swing (coop6)

coop6
Note: This thread is 2395 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, mvmac said:

Yep that's definitely better!

I got the feelings. So so hard to not want to pull down. I felt hands out, external trail arm pressure and keep width while using pivot to drive the swing. It's hard showing restraint. I'll keep working on the slower speeds. 

Thanks 

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

39 minutes ago, coop6 said:

I got the feelings. So so hard to not want to pull down. I felt hands out, external trail arm pressure and keep width while using pivot to drive the swing. It's hard showing restraint. I'll keep working on the slower speeds. 

Thanks 

Yes, pivot wise it might almost feel like you're hitting a cut but with how the elbow and shaft works the path is fairly neutral or a little outward (outward relative to your body lines). You can hit draws or fades, just depends on your alignments at address.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

59 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Yes, pivot wise it might almost feel like you're hitting a cut but with how the elbow and shaft works the path is fairly neutral or a little outward (outward relative to your body lines). You can hit draws or fades, just depends on your alignments at address.

Yea, my ideal shot it straight to slight draw never fearing over draw/hook. With my current pattern, I can hit a hook or block fade.

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2017 at 0:45 PM, mvmac said:

Yep that's definitely better!

Thanks 

Any drills for external trail arm rotation? When I feel like I'm coming over the top per se, the shaft stands up and I feel this is because of the trail arm.

love your feedback 

• Like 1

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

One thing I've noticed in my swing is that my right shoulder shrugs on the way down, I'm sure that is the effect of pulling down. I'm going to try and feel that the shoulder stays depressed while moving hands out more with the pivot.

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Well… yeah, it looks better, but high-speed and face-on videos are helpful.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2395 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!