IGNORED

Jordan Spieth's Official Thread

Club Rat
Note: This thread is 2839 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Completely not a troll attempt. Maybe i just saw things differently to you guys but his post round interview just wound me up.

Yes he had a meltdown with a 5 shot lead, yes hes only 22, but hes also had a hell of a lot of things go his way this last 18 months so i found it very difficult to feel sorry for the guy.

If he had come out after and given a normal interview like he usually does then fine but that interview with a tear in his eye just got to me.

On 4/11/2016 at 10:34 AM, nevets88 said:

I wouldn't change his swing. He mentioned he was going to put on a little muscle last year I think. If there's anything I'd have done differently, maybe shorten that Asia trip he took last year. Things happen, no one is immune to the vagaries of life, time will heal his wounds and he'll be back to normal. Kid is only 22, he's got plenty of time to win lots more Majors.

I think the Asia trip messed him up some. He looked flawless in Hawaii, and then he went to Asia and Dubai and I think that did something to him because since he's come back, he hasn't been the same. He can throw all the stats he wants, he's not playing as good this year as last. It's not the same Jordan Spieth. Last year he went into Augusta finishing 1st-2nd-2nd. This year he went into the Masters finishing 17th, 18th and 13th (in stroke play events). Just hasn't been the same since he came back from overseas.

Edited by ChrisP

13 minutes ago, JodieMudd said:

If he had come out after and given a normal interview like he usually does then fine but that interview with a tear in his eye just got to me.

He lost the Masters in one of the most heartbreaking ways possible ... what is so wrong with him crying a little over it?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

22 minutes ago, JodieMudd said:

Completely not a troll attempt. Maybe i just saw things differently to you guys but his post round interview just wound me up.

Yes he had a meltdown with a 5 shot lead, yes hes only 22, but hes also had a hell of a lot of things go his way this last 18 months so i found it very difficult to feel sorry for the guy.

I don't necessarily feel sorry for him, but no matter how accomplished you are, you never want to see what happened happen to anyone...except maybe Rory Sabbatini or Ian Poulter. You can understand him getting emotional. He's a young kid yet who really wanted to win badly. Just because you win majors doesn't change your desire to win. I promise you pretty much anyone on this board would have a hard time not getting choked up in an interview and having a hard time putting the green jacket on someone else if they were in his shoes.

26 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

I think the Asia trip messed him up some. He looked flawless in Hawaii, and then he went to Asia and Dubai and I think that did something to him because since he's come back, he hasn't been the same. 

I wonder if someone messed with his clubs. :-P

Kevin

16 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

I don't necessarily feel sorry for him, but no matter how accomplished you are, you never want to see what happened happen to anyone...except maybe Rory Sabbatini or Ian Poulter. You can understand him getting emotional. He's a young kid yet who really wanted to win badly. Just because you win majors doesn't change your desire to win. I promise you pretty much anyone on this board would have a hard time not getting choked up in an interview and having a hard time putting the green jacket on someone else if they were in his shoes.

Yeah, I don't feel sorry for him either - but I can certainly sympathize with the guy.

45 minutes ago, JodieMudd said:

Sorry you're going through a bad time right now.

You're full of shit if you would have put on this brave mature whatever face if this would have happened to you. If him taking interviews with some emotion, right after melting down like that on that stage and then having to go thru all of that Masters ceremony BS 'gets' to you, maybe you ought to figure out why that is instead of projecting your stiff upper lip BS in a forum. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Chris E said:

You're full of shit if you would have put on this brave mature whatever face if this would have happened to you. If him taking interviews with some emotion, right after melting down like that on that stage and then having to go thru all of that Masters ceremony BS 'gets' to you, maybe you ought to figure out why that is instead of projecting your stiff upper lip BS in a forum. 

I am sincerely sorry for daring to have an opinion different to yours about your poster boy.

I thought that's what forums were for, i didn't realise it was a place to be be subjected to abuse and profanity for offering a different view, my bad.

I hope the moderators take a look and deal with your post accordingly.

If you are American i guess you will be right at home if Mr Trump makes it to the White House.

Now i will let you get back to drooling over recordings of Spieth making 6 footers for par.

2 hours ago, Chris E said:

Lay off the language man. Just because he had an issue with Spieth doesn't mean you have to snap at him with profanity. Keep it civil. Spieth isn't going to get 100 acceptance rating. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

12 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Lay off the language man. Just because he had an issue with Spieth doesn't mean you have to snap at him with profanity. Keep it civil. Spieth isn't going to get 100 acceptance rating. 

We're big boys here.  The word "shit" ain't going to offend anybody.  Besides, he said the guy was full of shit IF he were to claim he wouldnt be bothered had he been in Spieths shoes.

Weve had many a discussion on here about the difference between "you're dumb" and "that is a dumb thing to say" and the acceptability of the latter.  What Chris said is akin to that.

Strong opinions on both sides here but nobody has crossed any lines IMO.

• Upvote 1

Lots of emotions slide through ones mind after winning or losing (like Spieth) a major. I think that is a good thing. I like that a lot more than the expresionless face of Dufner.

I like to see my heroes battle and go down or win with emotions. I liked the way Jason Day showed his emotions after not making the playoff at the Old course, I liked the way he showed his emotions after winning his first major.

The way Jordan handled that interview was outstanding.

Edited by MacDutch
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Give me a break, and keep your lectures to yourself. 

What he is suggesting about how somebody should process and act immediately afterwards in a situation like this is ludicrous. 

23 minutes ago, Chris E said:

Give me a break, and keep your lectures to yourself. 

What he is suggesting about how somebody should process and act immediately afterwards in a situation like this is ludicrous. 

So are your rude response. Keep it civil.

6 hours ago, JodieMudd said:

I am sincerely sorry for daring to have an opinion different to yours about your poster boy.

I thought that's what forums were for, i didn't realise it was a place to be be subjected to abuse and profanity for offering a different view, my bad.

I hope the moderators take a look and deal with your post accordingly.

If you are American i guess you will be right at home if Mr Trump makes it to the White House.

Now i will let you get back to drooling over recordings of Spieth making 6 footers for par.

Please tone it down. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Small comfort for Jordan (and me):  wearing a hat does not make you go bald.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/does-wearing-a-hat-make-you-bald_us_570e56f8e4b03d8b7b9ef20e?ir=Style&section=us_style&utm_hp_ref=style

Androgenic alopecia (or male pattern hair loss), he explained, is caused by the “progressive miniaturization of hair follicles that are sensitive to the hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT), a breakdown product of the male hormone testosterone.”

This miniaturization is hereditary and can start to happen at any time after puberty.

“Your baseball cap would have to be on your scalp so tight that you couldn’t wear it in order for it to cause any type of traction or damage,” according to Men’s Journal.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

5 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Actually surprised he's not playing this week. He usually plays all Texas events. Guess he wants to take a break from the game for a while.

That wouldn't be surprising if he and his team think he needs mental and physical rest after what happened at Augusta and how heavy his schedule has been this year. 

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

On 4/11/2016 at 1:28 PM, Lefty-Golfer said:

soooo true, 5 days on some private island with the pretty little thing he has been with since HS...cloths optional...he will be fine!! cost him less the 50k to do it right and he will be back work before he missed - all cleared up!

Doesn't look like she is around on that island.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/grill-room/spieth-fowler-thomas-kaufman-vacationing-together-bahamas/

Note: This thread is 2839 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!