IGNORED

True Linkswear Going Out of Business? No. Reorganizing.

Note: This thread is 2960 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just now, iacas said:

Eh. I disagree. They don't look even close to waterproof (is that mesh?). The only ones I even like the look of are the grey/green spikeless ones.

Nothing stated about waterproofing. I do like the charcoal/black spikeless. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have been emailing True Linkswear for about 5 months asking for a replacement for my old worn out Sensei's. (Which are awesome!) 

They told me about these Elements back then and initially said they were going to be released in Fall.  I emailed them again last month and they said official release date would be Jan. 4th.  I started looking into it again today and ran across this thread, which got me worried a little, so I emailed them again asking about these shoes and mentioning this thread regarding them going out of business.  I did get a reply...

The release has been delayed for no other reason than a delay in getting the shoes through customs. TRUE linkswear remains in a strong position for 2016 and beyond. We look forward to the release of TRUE Elements, a breathable and 100% waterproof shoe. This shoe will be releasing in a spiked and spikeless model in a variety of colors. We appreciate your continued support of TRUE linkswear. 

Best, 

Austin 

Not sure why they quit updating their social media pages, etc., but hopefully all is good. 
  • Upvote 2

23 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Nothing stated about waterproofing. I do like the charcoal/black spikeless. 

The picture of the shoe it says waterproof on it. Back by the heel. I think it says that anyways.

Michael

11 hours ago, fungusbrain said:

I have been emailing True Linkswear for about 5 months asking for a replacement for my old worn out Sensei's. (Which are awesome!) 

They told me about these Elements back then and initially said they were going to be released in Fall.  I emailed them again last month and they said official release date would be Jan. 4th.  I started looking into it again today and ran across this thread, which got me worried a little, so I emailed them again asking about these shoes and mentioning this thread regarding them going out of business.  I did get a reply...

The release has been delayed for no other reason than a delay in getting the shoes through customs. TRUE linkswear remains in a strong position for 2016 and beyond. We look forward to the release of TRUE Elements, a breathable and 100% waterproof shoe. This shoe will be releasing in a spiked and spikeless model in a variety of colors. We appreciate your continued support of TRUE linkswear. 

Best, 

Austin 

Not sure why they quit updating their social media pages, etc., but hopefully all is good. 

Thanks for the info, and welcome to TST!!

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Glad to hear this. They are the most comfortable golf shoes out there IMO. It would have been utterly depressing to see a smaller, independent company go out of business that was making a superior product. 

This is a big stretch from "going out of business", but I wish they could get better distribution. The nearest store that carries them is well over an hour from me. I don't order shoes online unless I see them and try them on first. I know that people that use them really love them. They might not be the shoe for me, but I would like to see them in person.

55 minutes ago, caniac6 said:

This is a big stretch from "going out of business", but I wish they could get better distribution. The nearest store that carries them is well over an hour from me. I don't order shoes online unless I see them and try them on first. I know that people that use them really love them. They might not be the shoe for me, but I would like to see them in person.

Trues basically fit like slippers with shoelaces, there are no arches or heel indentations that would alter the fit between one foot and the next. Just a flat platform with traction.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

23 minutes ago, SavvySwede said:

Trues basically fit like slippers with shoelaces, there are no arches or heel indentations that would alter the fit between one foot and the next. Just a flat platform with traction.

Different models can run large though, or normal. It's still useful to be able to try them on.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

1 hour ago, SavvySwede said:

I think I need a bit more support, so the wouldn't work for me.Also, when considering a shoe, I like to see the weight, quality of build and materials, and the traction features.

Edited by caniac6

I actually like them (stealth model) more for an office shoe.

Easily the most comfortable shoe I have ever owned.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Bummer if true but I haven't found a True shoe I like since the Gent and that was so-so for me. I have a sizable stash of unworn Sensei, Gent, Tour, Phoenix and one pair the 2012-13 Chukka's. I look at eBay all the time for NOS but what I have will probably last several years.

Dave :-)

• Administrator

I emailed them, and a company executive replied to say:

No, TRUE is not going out of business. We are in the middle of a management and operational change that has lead to a few months of silence. Stay tuned, there will be a new product and tour announcement soon.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Hope not.. love their shoes!! Maybe they were bought out by a bigger company? All pure speculation lol.

Edited by saturday

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, saturday said:

Hope not.. love their shoes!! Maybe they were bought out by a bigger company? All pure speculation lol.

Read the post one above yours. No speculation.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Read the post one above yours. No speculation.

I didn't see your post. I meant speculation on my part. 

Interested to see what they come out with soon, I'm a big fan of their shoes.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

• Administrator
Just now, saturday said:

I didn't see your post. I meant speculation on my part. 

Interested to see what they come out with soon, I'm a big fan of their shoes.

There are pictures of their next shoe (and a link to TGW) in one of the posts… :-)

1 minute ago, iacas said:

There are pictures of their next shoe (and a link to TGW) in one of the posts… :-)

lol, that's what I get for not properly reading the entire thread hehe.. thanks. 

Note: This thread is 2960 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!