Note: This thread is 1977 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Fowler moves to #4 in the World Ranking after beating a star-studded field in Abu Dhabi, including Spieth (#1) and Rory (#3).  We had a separate conversation (thread) last week about Fowler and the idea he was poised to join "the big boys" a/k/a "the big 3". Without a Major, it will be difficult for Fowler to replace one of the current Big 3. However, rather than isolate the group to 3 members, Rickie could soon make a very compelling argument to add a seat at the table and begin a new dialogue: "The Big 4".http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2016/tournamentid=2016004/news/newsid=283619.html#JP02l2Df5l8H6dkt.97

?m=02&d=20160124&t=2&i=1112017750&w=&fh=

18 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I like the Rickster. Good kid. I hope he wins a major this year as long as Tigs isn't in it.

Agreed. Great guy too. The way Rickie had been improving consistently, I believe he will take at least one major this year. At least he'll be on the hunt and give them a good run at it. But then again, golf can pull out the unexpected and who knows.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Young guns all did well and I was happy that Fowler got the win.  This is going to be a very competitive season on the PGA Tour, especially if Tiger can make it back and Phil and Dufner can continue to play like they did this weekend.

53 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Young guns all did well and I was happy that Fowler got the win.  This is going to be a very competitive season on the PGA Tour, especially if Tiger can make it back and Phil and Dufner can continue to play like they did this weekend.

I wouldn't expect much from Tiger this year...

Highly doubtful that Tiger will come back this year.  More than likely will take the entire year off and start again next year.

Rickie played a good game and showed the potential to win a major soon.  Should make for more interesting tournaments with Jordan, Jason, Rory and Rickie all able to complete at the highest level

47 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

I'm not sure Rickie has the talent of the Day, Speith, or Rory, but he's a damn good golfer. Probably a good chance he gets his major this year.

i think he is every bit the talent that Speith has.  i dont think either Speith nor Ricky have the raw physical talent that Day and Rors have,

21 minutes ago, colin007 said:

i think he is every bit the talent that Speith has.  i dont think either Speith nor Ricky have the raw physical talent that Day and Rors have,

Well - that 4 foursome would be a hell of a scrambles team.

Rory's closing eagle was FUN.  Hope his A-game is back.

21 minutes ago, colin007 said:

How do you measure such a thing as "talent?"   Day and Rory can certainly hit the ball farther than Spieth and probably Ricky, but that's not the only form of talent you need to win. 

Note: This thread is 1977 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.