IGNORED

Line on Ball

iacas
Note: This thread is 5941 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What do you use to line up putts?

• A logo on the ball
    • A line I've drawn on it
    • A spot in front of the ball on the green
    • Nothing - I just hit it

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never really tried the spot putting method and I surely don't bother with aligning my ball. I'm more of a big picture putter. I just get a read on the green, line my putter accordingly and go at it. I seem to do alright (my low so far is 32 putts for a round).

I line up the titleist script perpendicular to the hole and go from there...

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

When I take my stance and look down at the ball I don't want to see anything- no logo, no line, nothing. I do, however stand behind the ball and imagine the line the putt will take. I look for the break point and trace a line back to a spot about 6 inches in front of the ball. That is what I aim at. Then when I address the ball it's one or two looks at the break point and pull the trigger. I do my best not to peek, especially so on short putts. I wait to hear the ball drop into the cup.

Note: This thread is 5941 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!