IGNORED

Claim Your Achievements Here!

iacas

opposite swing challenge attempt:

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
On 9/13/2017 at 11:52 PM, onthehunt526 said:

Finally made an eagle... 

I actually thought with my length it would have been a drive a par-four or reach a par-five in two... But it was a hybrid off the tee and a holed-out 7-iron from 160 yards on the par-4 5th hole at Newman last night.

I thought if and when I finally made one it would have been make a long putt or pitch in from like 30 or 40 yards... But no, it was a 7-iron from 160 yards.

You've got the eagle award. Congratulations.

On 9/14/2017 at 3:57 PM, amished said:

Played from the forward tees for 9 holes (only a 9 hole course) and shot a 33 which is 2 under the par 35 for 9 holes.  I would assume that breaking par only counts over 18 holes?

Yeah, sorry, 18 holes.

On 9/14/2017 at 3:57 PM, amished said:

Also had my first ever Eagle (also from forward tees) on a 295ish par 4 with a 70 yard gap wedge that trickled in somehow.  Got insanely lucky to be where I was on my second as I bonked a tree pretty hard with my driver trying to cut the corner of the hole but my ball decided to go extremely straight that swing...

I gave you that one. Congrats!

On 9/19/2017 at 4:39 PM, scotth said:

Going to claim my broke 80 prize after shooting lowest round since my return to golf with a 79 yesterday at Ives Hill.  

You've got it!

3 hours ago, smfoley said:

Broke 70 multiple times but still no hole in one on the record.

Congrats. I gave you the "Broke Par" award.

Check out the rules re: advertising commercial stuff, please.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Death by 6ft putt challenge.

Admittedly not the worst putt in the world, but it was the most difficult putt on the green. If it's not hard enough, I'll find another course.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

On 2/3/2016 at 10:00 AM, iacas said:

If you are missing an achievement, please let me know. Currently, achievements are:

• Hole in One
  • Broke 100
  • Broke 90
  • Broke 80
  • Broke Par
  • Tournament Winner
  • Lowest Score Wins (technically an "Award")
  • Stupid Monkey (ditto)

A full list of achievements is always available at http://thesandtrap.com/awards/ . I'll update this list when we ever add achievements.

Note: you don't get all the "Broke" achievements if you broke par. Just pick the best one you've achieved. Then try to earn the next best one!

For the Tournament Winner achievement, you determine the level of tournament that you believe qualifies. If you want the achievement, please give me some details so I can note it in the accomplishment: the name of the tournament, the dates (or year, or month), etc. If you've won multiple tournaments, pick one.

BTW, the "Achievements" are supposed to show up in the "post bit" or "info pane" (where your avatar, etc. is). We've customized them here a bit, but I'm going to work with the developer who did that work to see if he can make it work with the iAwards add-on.  I've moved Awards and Achievements both to the bottom. They fit, so why not?

So do we videothis stuff or is it things weve achieved in the past? If its the latter then I've broke 100, 90, and 80, got numerous birdies under my belt and two eagles, I don't know how to show you proof though considering those score cards are long gone. I've broken par, and won a tournament, that one I can prove got the trophy, it was earlier this year I'd have to go back on my calendar and find thr date. No hole in one though, came within 4 ft once but didnt roll in. Bout shed tears over that one.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, woodzie264 said:

Death by 6ft putt challenge.

You've got it.

38 minutes ago, 3puttmaster said:

So do we videothis stuff or is it things weve achieved in the past? If its the latter then I've broke 100, 90, and 80, got numerous birdies under my belt and two eagles, I don't know how to show you proof though considering those score cards are long gone. I've broken par, and won a tournament, that one I can prove got the trophy, it was earlier this year I'd have to go back on my calendar and find thr date. No hole in one though, came within 4 ft once but didnt roll in. Bout shed tears over that one.

I gave you broke 80 and Eagle. If you can provide some details on the par (on a regulation, non-executive course) and the tournament victory, let us know.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

42 minutes ago, iacas said:

You've got it.

I gave you broke 80 and Eagle. If you can provide some details on the par (on a regulation, non-executive course) and the tournament victory, let us know.

Here's the trophy from tourney, and as for the par it was this summer at crystal beach golf course here in town, its a par 70 course shot 36 thr first nine and on last shot 33, had 2 birdies, one on par 3 17th hole the other on a par 4 10th. Lol I'm not like trying to get all the achievements or whatever but I figured I have done them might as well share, I.hope the pic of my trophy is enough, if not thats fine no biggy. Its sitting on my mantle I dont like absolutely need the trophy on here, though it'd be cool

1506131731743626768165.jpg

Edited by 3puttmaster
Added last sentence.

• Administrator

Okay, I gave you those (and removed the 80 one).

An 11 index broke par, eh?

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Okay, I gave you those (and removed the 80 one).

An 11 index broke par, eh?

Appreciate it. And yeah, I broke par, I been playing about 4 times a week this summer,y handicap has dropped from a 17 to an 11 this summer. I won't take all ur time telling u the whole story but I've played since I was 9, in high school was en route, and being scouted by OU for a golf scholarship. Got into it with the coach so.he sidelined me and kept me out of the top tournaments so I got mad and quit the Team. Dumb teenager. After that I moved and quit playing for bout 6 years, got into a wreck that nearly killed me, well did.kill me. Ended up in a coma. Got out of it, rehabbed it, ended up with severe PTSD and anxiety problems. Enter: my beloved sport. Got back into it. On the course is the only time I feel okay, not freaking out. No anxiety. Just clear headed. So I play as much as possible now. I'm working my Handicap back down to single digits. I.understand if u dont believe I broke par cuz I'm.an 11. You dont have to. I was there. I know I did. But thank you for the achievement medals. Sincerely

When you get a chance, please add the other side challenge.

Mucho thanks! :-) 

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Got my first eagle of the season today and first since joining the sand trap! 

Par 5 right around 520yds, 288 yd drive followed by 230 yard 3 wood pin high about 30 feet to the left of the pin. Putt had a good amount of left to right break, but sunk the putt for the eagle.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• Administrator
8 hours ago, David in FL said:

When you get a chance, please add the other side challenge.

I don't know what you mean.

1 hour ago, klineka said:

Got my first eagle of the season today and first since joining the sand trap! 

Par 5 right around 520yds, 288 yd drive followed by 230 yard 3 wood pin high about 30 feet to the left of the pin. Putt had a good amount of left to right break, but sunk the putt for the eagle.

Added, congrats!

I'm not even sure if I've posted on the site yet. If I'm out of line posting in this thread, I apologize. I've lurked and read the forums on this site quite a bit. Great site, and  tons of truly amazing info. 

Anyway, briefly about me. My son (who is 19) came to me last year wanting to get into golf. I hadn't played in about 25 years (I'm 48) and when I did back then it was maybe 20 rounds total at most. We went and took lessons to try and learn the fundamentals of learning a swing. Since then lots of range buckets and 18 when we can, maybe once a week on both during the season. 

So last year I started wanting to break 100. Then 95. Finally at the very end of the season I shot 89. Got back to it this year very rusty and took some work to get back there, but my last three rounds have been 90, 87, 87. So I've broken 90, with plenty of assistance from the advice and tips I've read here, and of course in Lowest Score Wins. I've read it, and refer back to it often. I also plan to sign up for Evolvr in the near future, in hopes of talking the next steps towards 80.

That's my shenaniganery. :)

I realize I brought this Challenge up from the ashes and that it isn't an active challenge, but I was looking at some pitching things and found this.

done

-Jonny

Thought that i had posted.  But broke 80, a few months ago.  I was a 16 handicap when i did so, but am back to a 18 know. One of those round of my life thought that i had figured it out, just to be back in the high 80's and lots of low-mid 90's since.

• Administrator
On 9/25/2017 at 2:57 PM, Slugox said:

I'm not even sure if I've posted on the site yet. If I'm out of line posting in this thread, I apologize. I've lurked and read the forums on this site quite a bit. Great site, and  tons of truly amazing info. 

Anyway, briefly about me. My son (who is 19) came to me last year wanting to get into golf. I hadn't played in about 25 years (I'm 48) and when I did back then it was maybe 20 rounds total at most. We went and took lessons to try and learn the fundamentals of learning a swing. Since then lots of range buckets and 18 when we can, maybe once a week on both during the season. 

So last year I started wanting to break 100. Then 95. Finally at the very end of the season I shot 89. Got back to it this year very rusty and took some work to get back there, but my last three rounds have been 90, 87, 87. So I've broken 90, with plenty of assistance from the advice and tips I've read here, and of course in Lowest Score Wins. I've read it, and refer back to it often. I also plan to sign up for Evolvr in the near future, in hopes of talking the next steps towards 80.

That's my shenaniganery. :)

Got it.

On 9/26/2017 at 6:59 PM, Popeye said:

broke 100

All yours.

On 9/30/2017 at 2:44 PM, woodzie264 said:

I realize I brought this Challenge up from the ashes and that it isn't an active challenge, but I was looking at some pitching things and found this.

done

That's not one of the challenges with an award.

https://thesandtrap.com/awards/category/5-challenges/

On 10/1/2017 at 4:18 PM, sirhacksalot said:

Thought that i had posted.  But broke 80, a few months ago.  I was a 16 handicap when i did so, but am back to a 18 know. One of those round of my life thought that i had figured it out, just to be back in the high 80's and lots of low-mid 90's since.

Okay. You've got it.

Claiming the "Broke Par" achievement. Shot a personal best 69. http://www.gamegolf.com/player/saevel25/round/1874173

Claiming the "No Six Challenge" 

Thanks!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping: