IGNORED

Claim Your Achievements Here!

iacas

8 hours ago, surfmonkey89 said:

Bought and read Lowest Score Wins. Do I need to show a receipt or something?

I just started reading it last night.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
On 5/1/2019 at 12:12 PM, woodzie264 said:

Does an even par 72 count as “breaking par?” Or do we need to shoot a 71?

No, unfortunately. Breaking par means under par.

On 5/1/2019 at 7:43 PM, onthehunt526 said:

Shot 71 yesterday (71.4/127) 6385 yards, par 72. I'm sure as hell am not a "stupid monkey" yet.

So I'm claiming the "broke par" award.

Congrats! Removed the Broke 80 award too.

On 5/3/2019 at 1:09 PM, barooo said:

I'm currently reading LSW, which I bought.  I'm not sure what I need to do to get the stupid monkey, but I'm trying...

Congrats! The Stupid Monkey topic has its own nomination topic, and we talk about what's required there. Certainly being a bit more involved here would strengthen your case. 🙂

On 5/10/2019 at 12:57 AM, surfmonkey89 said:

Bought and read Lowest Score Wins. Do I need to show a receipt or something?

I hope you bought it from https://lowestscorewins.com. Please do not buy from Amazon as that current seller of new books is selling stolen, illegally printed copies of lower quality.

On 5/10/2019 at 9:06 AM, tehuti said:

I just started reading it last night.

Thank you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, iacas said:

I hope you bought it from https://lowestscorewins.com. Please do not buy from Amazon as that current seller of new books is selling stolen, illegally printed copies of lower quality.

(Question, off topic for the thread):

Spoiler

Would it help somehow if some of us posted to Amazon that the seller "is not an authorized seller of this product"?  I'm assuming you did that already, but would it help if others did it as well?

Edited by Missouri Swede

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• Administrator

Probably. But if they have not taken action yet… I don’t know that they will.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...

I have lurked on this site for years, and have finally started posting a little, at least...  Time for me to claim my glorious achievements!  i wish there was one for shooting par... 😞   I have broken 80 had eagles and won team tournaments, but never individual... (don't want what i haven't earned).   And will continue to read my new copy of LSW that i got last week.

• Thumbs Up 1

28 of the past 29 days (I missed two days ago) I did at least five minutes of practice each and described it in the "5 minutes practice" thread each day, as appropriate.  I forget if I'm supposed to say this here too.  :-) 

New goal for me:  don't lose this merit badge this time!

• Like 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

On 5/22/2019 at 3:09 PM, Jrwatkins7 said:

I have lurked on this site for years, and have finally started posting a little, at least...  Time for me to claim my glorious achievements!  i wish there was one for shooting par... 😞   I have broken 80 had eagles and won team tournaments, but never individual... (don't want what i haven't earned).   And will continue to read my new copy of LSW that i got last week.

Yep!  Did it finally... shot one under today!

I broke 100 last week and then today. Last week I shot a 94 on a par 71 course and 95 today on a par 70. Does it only count on par 72 courses? I know I’ve played both of these courses before and definitely shot over 100 on each. So it feels like an achievement to me.

lets go yes GIF by Wells Fargo

Edited by tehuti

8 hours ago, tehuti said:

I broke 100 last week and then today. Last week I shot a 94 on a par 71 course and 95 today on a par 70. Does it only count on par 72 courses? I know I’ve played both of these courses before and definitely shot over 100 on each. So it feels like an achievement to me.

I believe it counts.  I certainly hope so, not only for you, because my home course is a par-71 and when I finally break 80 on it, and due to frequency I'd bet it's the first course I do that on, I plan on asking for the achievement award :-) 

Congratulations on the double digit scores by the way. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Oh yeah.  Well done, tehuti.  As we get better at scoring, we discover more facets to the game.  Hopefully you are finding joy discovering those in your increasing ability.

• Thumbs Up 1

Won my first tournament today so claiming that achievement.

It was called The Players Tournament and was part of the Central Ohio Golf Club.

Here are more details about it

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

1 hour ago, chilepepper said:

First hole in one today. Sycuan Willow Glen course. #12, par 3, 140 yards. 

Well done!

• Administrator
On 5/22/2019 at 6:09 PM, Jrwatkins7 said:

You got them all, plus this one (which replaces your broke 80 award):

On 6/2/2019 at 1:02 AM, Jrwatkins7 said:

Yep!  Did it finally... shot one under today!

Congrats!

On 5/25/2019 at 5:53 PM, tehuti said:

I broke 100 today! Shot 46/48=94.

All set!

On 5/29/2019 at 5:00 PM, Edsland said:

After 40 years I took a couple lessons this spring and I finally had my 1St eagle

Nice job!

On 5/30/2019 at 7:10 PM, Shindig said:

28 of the past 29 days (I missed two days ago) I did at least five minutes of practice each and described it in the "5 minutes practice" thread each day, as appropriate.  I forget if I'm supposed to say this here too.  :-) 

New goal for me:  don't lose this merit badge this time!

I try to just notice those in that topic occasionally. Good work.

On 6/2/2019 at 1:47 PM, klineka said:

Won my first tournament today so claiming that achievement.

It was called The Players Tournament and was part of the Central Ohio Golf Club.

Here are more details about it

All set.

17 hours ago, chilepepper said:

First hole in one today. Sycuan Willow Glen course. #12, par 3, 140 yards. 

Congrats!

• Thumbs Up 2